PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Rufus the cat came back...after 3 weeks.

Noah
02-05-2010, 10:35 AM
3 weeks ago Rufus, our 22lb Siamese cat went outside and never came back. We have lots of wildlife around here, and I figured that he was a food for something. I was ok with that, because he had done in his fair share of other critters, including a whole pile of rabbits (of which he only leaves the tails - he eats the heads and all...)

Anyway, he just came running back home! I'm pretty happy about it, and amazed at the shape he is in. It's been cold here lately as well. A few nights below zero, and below 20 for a couple of weeks.

elf
02-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Someone took him in and kept him in through the cold. Then they let him out and he came home.

Noah
02-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Could be - but he is very demanding when he wants to go outside. He has a voice and knows how to use it. In fact he drives us crazy most of the time...

paladin
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Cat...the other white meat. Recipes follow.

Noah
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I think cat would taste really bad - cat food is pretty gross stuff...

paladin
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Ya don't eat cat FOOD, silly, ya eat the KAT!

Noah
02-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah, but you know what they say "You are what you eat".

ishmael
02-05-2010, 01:55 PM
When I lived in a particularly wild part of central MA I had a favored kitty disappear and not come back. I was surrounded by state forest and often heard coyote. They were probably the culprits, though I also got one good look at a fischer, and it might have been the killer.

Ya have to be a bit philosophical when your cats go outside. Shadow the cat had a good run at life, and would have been insufferable if I'd tried to keep him in.

Glad your story had a happy ending, Noah.