PDA

View Full Version : I think I've been bad...

Phillip Allen
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
kitten refuses to leave me alone when I eat or have anything to drink...being sure that she ought to have what food there is.
Just now, I fixed some hot chocolate and set it down to cool...she was all over it and this time I didn't stop her (I thought she would realize it was very hot)...she now has a burnt tongue and thinks I did it to her on purpose

Phillip Allen
01-22-2010, 11:46 AM
just a stray, grey kitten...there are lots around here and I cought a few (3) to give them a better life. I expect that these formerly feral cats (all are different ages) had to fight for food and this particular kitten (7 months old) is rather aggressive to that end to the point of stealing food directly from the mouths of the older cats (they only look confused when she does). She sleeps on top of me at night. When I roll over or move, she jumps off and stands at the far side of the bed until I settle down again then leaps back on top.

Popeye
01-22-2010, 01:00 PM
i have a fat ginger tom cat , he likes to pad down on top and purr whenever he feels a nap coming on , content after a nuzzle and a snuggle and a massaging to go roll over by hisself

dog slides up next to me on the other side and curls around , sighs and drifts off into la la land

i pick a few slow blues licks and practice my scales

Shang
01-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Don't let your cat have chocolate, or coffee, tea or coco, these contain caffeine, theobromine, or theophylline, which can be toxic and affect the cat's heart and nervous system.

Other foods that are dangerous for cats include grapes, raisins, onions, onion skins, mushrooms, and garlic.

These foods should not be fed to dogs either.

Oh, and I know what you mean, my cats follow me around the house meowing to share what ever I have.
I practice this phrase: "There's perfectly good cat food in your dish--SHOVE OFF !"

Phillip Allen
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM
:) thanks...she seems not to understand my language at that time though... :)

I like my cats...

BTW...this kitten eats potato chips, biscuits and many other things I think of as odd (I was aware of the chocolate restriction)

Popeye
01-22-2010, 01:54 PM
my cat likes whiskas meaty selections , he used to like the lamb meal , it was better for him but i can't find it anymore .. he's finnicky

the dog likes the cats' whiskas meaty selections too , and beer , when he's not mooching