PDA

View Full Version : Jackís Gents

Ian McColgin
01-07-2010, 10:08 PM
I was raised right so I not only put the seat down, I even put the cover down. Which made good preparation for a quarter century of living afloat with first LeVac and later the AirHead, neither of which works unless you put the lid down.

So imagine my delight when walking into the menís room at Jackís - only the best dive for pizza in the universe (sorry Joe) - to find the lid and seat up, just as Iíll need to do what needs to be done and walk out defying all conditioning by leaving the lid and seat both up.

Ah, the joy of a liberated man.

The world is my urinal.

Phillip Allen
01-07-2010, 11:13 PM
what brought that on?

Ian McColgin
01-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Pizza at Jack's and reflection on the experience. Or a part. After all, Socratese said that the unexamined life is not worth living.

L.W. Baxter
01-08-2010, 12:26 AM
...The world is my urinal.

Socrates would be proud.:D

Phillip Allen
01-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Pizza at Jack's and reflection on the experience. Or a part. After all, Socratese said that the unexamined life is not worth living.

in that case, who the hell griped at me for waisting my time on introspection???!!!

Stiletto
01-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Many years ago I worked for a plumbing company. We had to sort out a technical problem in a nunnery. In my immaturity I took great delight in leaving all the seats up in their toilet block after we had finished.

rbgarr
01-08-2010, 05:36 AM
My wife is a very light sleeper but occasionally gets up in the night to use the toilet. She doesn't open her eyes between bed and bath so she can get back to sleep sooner, or so her thinking goes. When I hear a little screech from the bathroom I know I've left the seat up and she's dropped down onto the cold porcelain rim.