PDA

View Full Version : I was surprised

PeterSibley
01-05-2010, 10:09 PM
I was surprised at the lack of response to my Precautionary Principle" thread
http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107830&highlight=precautionary+princople
,there were 4 US based contributors , the remainder from parts elsewhere ,a small US contribuion bearing in mind the readership here .It seems that US Bilge rats are not interested in a topic unless it has a Democrat versus Republican theme .

Again, surprising .

Paul Girouard
01-05-2010, 10:17 PM
The title is to brief and cryptic.

Your first post on the other thread doesn't help much either as it does NOT flesh out the thread title in a clear manner.

You talk about a Precautionary Principle, but you did not define who, what or why about said Principle.

Phillip Allen
01-05-2010, 10:18 PM
tales from the cryptic? :)

PeterSibley
01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
The title is to brief and cryptic.

Your first post on the other thread doesn't help much either as it does NOT flesh out the thread title in a clear manner.

You talk about a Precautionary Principle, but you did not define who, what or why about said Principle.

I was leaving that to your undoubted intelligence ...surely you wouldn't what to be instructed too closely ?:rolleyes:

Flying Orca
01-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I wanted to contribute - I certainly believe the principle applies to anthropogenic global warming - but I didn't really have anything to contribute.

MiddleAgesMan
01-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Not knowing what AGW means I wasn't driven to open the thread, Peter. I'm familiar with GW...the A is for Australian? ;)

purri
01-06-2010, 10:39 PM
PP is common sense, EOS.