PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request and a reminder

Concordia...41
01-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I got a PM and then had a nice chat yesterday with a Forumite who was worried about another Forumite. And he wasn't worried about how he could bait, harass, or annoy someone. Neither was he worried about how to respond to someone that was baiting, harassing, or annoying him. He was concerned because he'd heard that someone here has a spouse in a life and death situation, and while that member doesn't wish to make the medical problems public at this time, the first member wanted to see if the power of the Forum could be put to a general prayer request for the miracle needed.

The conversation reminded me of several things. The first of which is that the Forum is a wonderful place. It is a place where someone would reach out to a virtual stranger (me) to ask for help for another virtual stranger. But we’re not virtual strangers, we’re virtual friends and over the years we’ve come together many times over. We’ve often reached into our pockets as well as our hearts to help others. We’ve opened our boat shops and our homes. We’ve shared advice, fears, loves, losses, and triumphs. And I just think that is really cool.

The second thing the conversation brought to mind was that we’ve often offered prayers – even when we don’t know exactly who it’s for – just because there’s someone in need.

So the prayer request is for that person as well as a reminder that Syed has asked for prayers for his country, George had friends loose a child in the mudslide in Brazil, and I don’t know if Mickey’s dad is out of the woods yet. Those are just three that come to mind, but maybe if folks have a spare minute, they can give a brief prayer or thought for all of those in need.

- M

David Tabor (sailordave)
01-05-2010, 09:14 AM
How timely. I was thinking about just this very (unknown) forumite yesterday.

I will keep Syed in my thoughts/prayers. Was thinking about Mickey's Dad too.
Add Chuck to the list also.

Tristan
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Om sri Danvantre, healing vibes for those in need.

htom
01-05-2010, 09:47 AM
What a wonderful post. Prayers said, best wishes sent.

Joe (SoCal)
01-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Prayers sent
Great Post

TomF
01-05-2010, 10:05 AM
prayers sent from Fredericton too.

Bobby of Tulsa
01-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Prayers fom here.

D Happ
01-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Prayers from here also.

ripley699
01-05-2010, 10:25 AM
New Hampshire has offered up a prayer to my GOD for them...

Taylor Tarvin
01-05-2010, 10:38 AM
My thoughts are with those in need.

Paul Pless
01-05-2010, 11:37 AM
thank you margo

Rich VanValkenburg
01-05-2010, 11:43 AM
If there's one thing that prayer does, it brings friends together when they need each other.

Done.

adampet
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks Margo,
Count me in on positive vibes for whoever it might be that has troubles.
Adam

brad9798
01-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Perhaps they should make their own way ... guess dad has other priorities!

Hope mom and babies are doing well ... :) :)
But this sort of thread makes me sad ... :(

Captain Blight
01-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Positive thoughts coming out from the frozen streets of Minneapolis.

davidagage
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Thoughts and prayers for those in need, those in despair, and those we love.

The Bigfella
01-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Best wishes too from the best half of the globe.

Hwyl
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Good thoughts from here.

Katherine
01-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Warmest wishes and prayers to those in need of them.:(

MMike, I've watched my parents deal with the boomerang kids and grandkids. Fear that the grandchildren may suffer seems to be the overriding emotion.

Tar Devil
01-05-2010, 10:06 PM
I look in here once a month.. sometimes less, occasionally more. I've yet to see a reason to post again... until now.

Thank you, Margo.

Chuck, love ya, Man. Please be well.

Fred, I don't call as much as I should, but I don't stop thinking about you.

MMike, it's for Sue. You love her.

For those unnamed, my prayers are offered.

This is what I loved about this place. I've had my turn and many of you held me up. Too damn bad it takes tragic circumstances to make this place shine.

downthecreek
01-06-2010, 04:30 AM
I sincerely hope for the best for whoever is the subject here and for others in danger or trouble. I'm afraid I can't send prayers, vibes or whatever because that would be meaningless as far as I am concerned.

Chris Coose
01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
ROAD TRIP!!!! Memphis. I think it's warmer in Portland than TN today.

OOOO. Look see at Weather underground and we are the same temps. at this hour.

Love to all in ill health.
Learned of a couple sudden deaths yesterday that happened over the holidays of friends and clients.

Russ Manheimer
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Positive thoughts on their way

bamamick
01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
To even be mentioned in such a post touches me beyond words. I pray for my family and friends every single day, and believe me when I say that you guys are among that number.

Mickey Lake

k4lmy
01-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Prayers, private thoughts, or what ever you want to call them are powerful.. In two ways.. To the one making the request and to the one receiving..

I seldom post but instead "listen" to the knowledge brought together on this site. You guys are truly a family, complete with squabbles laughs, congratulations and condolences. And there is nothing wrong with that..

I too will add my sincere prayers for those who need the support at this time of year.

Lew Barrett
01-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Sorry to hear of all these disquieting circumstances. All the best from Seattle.