PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl

David G
01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I thought they'd win. I knew it'd be tough. It was a hard fought game. Ohio State, however, did a better job of both imposing their style on the game... and at the same time mixing up their attack. I don't think the Ducks really expected Pryor to be slinging it around like he did. They never did completely adjust.

So, the Buckeyes beat the Ducks. Kudos to both teams for an impressive season. Special recognition should go to Terelle Pryor for a huge, breakout game - and to Coach Tressel for some atypically free-wheeling play calling.

So... on to next season. The Ducks bring back a mess of starters (19?) including their impressive qb, Jeremiah Masoli.

Paul Pless
01-02-2010, 06:24 AM
I'm pretty happy about it, it was a dman good football game. Getting that bcs series game jinx off of Tressel and his Buckeyes is nice. I was impressed with both teams. Oregon 'seems' a little handicapped by size. I was very impressed with the sportsmanship of the players on both teams, during and after the game.

GregH
01-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Good game (Big Ten fan), blighted half-time. Couldn't believe Oregon's band "uniforms"- baseball caps, and warmup suits???? Then I noticed the Nike swoosh- looks like they sold out to Nike, who probably provided them for free or at least at deep discount for the advertisement value. What a crock!!!

Mrleft8
01-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Carter has a bowl of roses on the toilet tank..... Well, rose petals.....
The parade takes less time, and costs less to arrange too..... But the end result is the same.

Dave Gray
01-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Good game (Big Ten fan), blighted half-time. Couldn't believe Oregon's band "uniforms"- baseball caps, and warmup suits???? Then I noticed the Nike swoosh- looks like they sold out to Nike, who probably provided them for free or at least at deep discount for the advertisement value. What a crock!!!

Phil Knight is a major athletic sponsor for Oregon. Phil Knight is the CEO and founder of Nike.

David G
01-03-2010, 06:16 PM

I'm curious, Greg. Which part of this do you consider a crock? The uniform design? College football teams accepting gear from the manufacturers (Nike, Adidas, UnderAll, Puma, et.al)? Big-bucks donors pumping up their schools athletic programs? All of the above?

You say that Oregon has "sold out" to Nike. You could be right. In what way do you perceive that to be true? In return for these lovely band uniforms and such... what was given up in the transaction? What do you think the ethics of the situation are? I see you're from Texas. Since I went to grad. school in Austin, I have my own opinions... but I wonder how you see the situation at UT (or pretty much any major athletic program) being different?