PDA

View Full Version : It's National Drag History Month

Ian McColgin
01-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Caught a TV ad out of the corner of one eye and have managed to Google up the original. We now have January as National Drag History Month. Total crack up. Their site is at
http://www.logoonline.com/video/franchise.jhtml?ctid=2182

With this on network TV, someone sure lost the culture wars.

cbcc
01-01-2010, 01:55 PM
The culture war isn't lost. Christ will come again and it will be won. Just not time. Until then "there is nothing new under the sun".

botebum
01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I was thinking drag racing when I opened the thread. I thought that was wierd:rolleyes:

Doug

Nicholas Carey
01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
With this on network TV, someone sure lost the culture wars.Further evidence...just look at Lady Gaga...a female pop singer impersonating a drag queen channeling a pop diva.

http://bougies.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lady_gaga_goes_down.jpg

Kevin G
01-01-2010, 05:57 PM
NHRA???

Kg

Tracey
01-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I was thinking drag racing when I opened the thread. I thought that was wierd:rolleyes:

Doug

Hahahahaha! And I was thinking "a posting about drag queens ?? Here??!!

SamSam
01-01-2010, 07:05 PM
The culture war isn't lost. Christ will come again and it will be won. Just not time. Until then "there is nothing new under the sun".I guess it's OK to bring up a long haired guy wearing flowing robes in this thread.

Memphis Mike
01-01-2010, 07:22 PM
The culture war isn't lost. Christ will come again and it will be won. Just not time. Until then "there is nothing new under the sun".

When is he coming?

isla
01-02-2010, 01:12 PM
When is he coming?

I understand that sometime in 2012 is the bookie's favourite. Might be worth a punt :D

jonboy
01-02-2010, 03:54 PM
There I was expecting bikes and top-fuellers, half way through writing a witty and pithy jibe about where are the blokes in frocks then , when I thought ....better open the link....love it darling!!!
lesson for us all as it's a common mistake bilging...read the thread and links first, for christ's sake.
And it won't be 2012, I'm already booked until May 2013 .

The Bigfella
01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Isn't it a pity we don't have Milo and Mark here to argue about Thai lady boys

coelacanth2
01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Heck I thought it was drag racing, too. Where's that pic of Joe CSOH in the St. Pauli Girl getup when you need it?

purri
01-02-2010, 10:23 PM
It's drag racing if you burn your mesh stockings on the exhaust pipes.

perldog007
01-02-2010, 11:55 PM
If you have never seen the Georgetown Drag Races, you just aren't a good 'murican. Sometimes the elbows off the start can be a bit un-ladylike, but over all a sporting and fashion event of the highest caliber.

If you make the Drag Races and the Pumpkin Chunkin in the same year, your life is complete and you may consider yourself enlightened. Of course, after the enlightenment, one still must cut wood and carry water.

Which reminds me of Badass Dan and the Drag Queen. Dan is a badass bartender who never needed a bouncer. A respected bar-room and back alley pugilist.

One night Weird Bill the merchant sailor talks Dan and some other fellows into going to see what is supposed to be drag show. A goof, good fun and all that. Upon arrival at the venue, the str8 crew learns that this is not a drag show, but the Ms. Gay Delaware pageant.

Clearly time to consider a backpedal. But Dan is a binge drinker and tonight is a more than twenty rum and coke night. Some gay men with a leather fetish seem to like do play dress up cop. Normally tolerant Dan used to be a cop and this makes pissy drunk Dan mad. We need to get Dan out of here fast.

Weird Billy gets the car and yours truly is left to get Dan out of the club. Dan has a lip lock on a pretty Asian drag queen named Shawn or Ms. Fancy.

Dan is drunk enough that I can handle him so I separate him from the performer/contestant. Once we get to the car Dan freaks out because he got caught kissing a dude.

He is really drunk now and inconsolable. I told him that Weird Bill and I also kissed the drag queen and that everybody does it as a goof. We pointed out that Milton Berle kissed RuPaul on National Television. We promise him it's a rite of passage for those secure in their masculinity and that he has done nothing wrong.

Dan gets quiet for minute or two then breaks down sobbing.We ask him what's wrong and he bawls out " I know you guys didn't give him the tongue".

"Now I'm not the world's most masculine man...." :D

That's my presentation for National Drag History Month, because that's one of the most celebrated bit's of Drag History in the town where Dan ( not his real name ) works.

To this day if you play "Lola" on the jukebox it's a good idea not to get caught by Dan......

Vince Brennan
01-03-2010, 12:01 AM
"Eat, Drink and Be Mary, for tomorrow We Cry!"

Certainly applies to my neighbours... as "Mary" as you can be without leaving smoke trails across the sky.

Lovely people, just a bit... ahhh... "off the usual societal path", shall we say?