PDA

View Full Version : Tangled stuff

John Smith
12-31-2009, 11:18 AM
I got in my car this morning and actually had to fight to untangle my seat belt. I don't understand how it can get so twisted. I take it off the same way, let go the same way, and it's usually fine. There's that once in a while though.

Same with my CPAP hose/headgear. Every morning I hang it neatly on the bedpost the same way. Every night it's nice and neat to put on for sleep. There's than once in a while night where I've got to turn the lights on to untangle it.

Remember the corded phones, and how that chord got tangled? We had a wall phone in the kitchen. We'd grab the phone and sit in the chair. Then we'd hang up the phone when finished. That chord would get so knotted we'd have to take a minute or two to unwrap it from itself.

We've all had ropes we had put away rather neatly, only to fine they've magically gotten tangled. My dad used to call that a "wife knot."

Seems mystical sometimes.

Canoeyawl
12-31-2009, 12:27 PM
We call that a Norwegian string puzzle - about a hundred fathoms of line all snarled into a ball.
They are really simple puzzles though, you just have to be smarter than the string!