PDA

View Full Version : Another Forum??

Stan D
12-28-2009, 11:20 PM
I've gone and done it now. I've joined forum number 9. 9!

This one might be one some of you might be interested in. It is dedicated to old wood working machines. Check it out- www.owwm.com (http://www.owwm.com/) I joined because I have a shop full of 'em. Stuff my Dad bought in the early 50s.

And I'm contemplating number 10.

botebum
12-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Traitor. Well .. ok.

Doug

oznabrag
12-28-2009, 11:28 PM
I've gone and done it now. I've joined forum number 9. 9!

This one might be one some of you might be interested in. It is dedicated to old wood working machines. Check it out- www.owwm.com (http://www.owwm.com/) I joined because I have a shop full of 'em. Stuff my Dad bought in the early 50s.

And I'm contemplating number 10.

OWWM is great! You better mind your manners over there though. Keith Bohn will string you up by the gronicles if you don't read and obey the forum rules. Great site. The most helpful, knowledgeable bunch on the 'net, as far as I know, and you won't catch a ration of crap if you don't want to pinstripe your machine. ;)

Enjoy!

Captain Blight
12-28-2009, 11:41 PM
No arn like old arn.

The Bigfella
12-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey, there's an idea. I might pinstripe the old Crescent bandsaw.

Stan D
12-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Traitor. Well .. ok.

Doug

Don't worry, Doug. I don't belong to any other boat forums. The closest I come to being in two forums with the same subject is the Chevy forum, and one specifically for the Chevy Astro van.

adampet
12-29-2009, 10:38 AM
And I thought that someone had been looking in the basement around here!
http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Adam

oznabrag
12-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey, there's an idea. I might pinstripe the old Crescent bandsaw.

http://www.owwm.com/photoindex/images/2211-A.jpg

That is an idea...;)

peter radclyffe
12-29-2009, 12:58 PM
not long now to the 12 step forum, just say no

oznabrag
12-29-2009, 01:18 PM
not long now to the 12 step forum, just say no

Mebbiso, but don't go to OWWM.org looking for treatment. Those guys will egg you on, find the parts you need to justify/rationalize the purchase of derelict old arn, go out of their way to carry it across the country to you for a little gas money and a 'Thanks, Pal', and generally enable your Iron Sickness in any way they can. :cool:

peter radclyffe
12-29-2009, 02:06 PM
im sure one reason we like this old stuff is because its still working after 70 years, id buy loads if i could
a lot of the junk we buy today wont last 70 days,

Stan D
12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Mebbiso, but don't go to OWWM.org looking for treatment. Those guys will egg you on, find the parts you need to justify/rationalize the purchase of derelict old arn, go out of their way to carry it across the country to you for a little gas money and a 'Thanks, Pal', and generally enable your Iron Sickness in any way they can. :cool:

And you think one would get help with a wooden boat addiction? The only ones that DON'T get cheered on are the ones that don't know squat and think they can design boats.

oznabrag
12-29-2009, 06:51 PM
And you think one would get help with a wooden boat addiction? The only ones that DON'T get cheered on are the ones that don't know squat and think they can design boats.

True enough, but from OWWM rules:

"No member will berate, belittle, bad mouth, criticize, decry, depreciate, deride, derogate, denigrate, diminish, discount, discredit, disparage, dispraise, downgrade, downplay, dump on, flame, knock, lower, minimize, pan, poo-poo, poor mouth, put down, rap, rip, roast, run down, scoff at, scorch, scorn, slam, smear, sneer at, take down, tear down, underestimate, underrate, under value or write off any member or their machines."

Keith ain't kiddin', neither.

Furthermore:

"Bad Advice:
In the event that you see dangerous or harmful advice given on these forums it is your responsibility to contact an administrator and make them aware of the posting. Members who post dangerous or harmful advice will be contacted by an administrator and told to stop. Failure to stop these postings will result in removal as a member. This removal will be without recourse.

Compliance:
In the event that you are unsure of compliance contact a moderator or administrator. The adage, “better to ask forgiveness than permission”, doesn’t apply here. "

He ain't kiddin'.