PDA

View Full Version : New Yorker article on health care bill

rbgarr
12-28-2009, 05:42 PM
http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2010/01/04/100104ta_talk_surowiecki

Breakaway
12-28-2009, 06:16 PM
This is the thing, IMO:Big Insurance will just lay-off the risk they'll be now forced to take by upping premiums on property, auto, life and other insurance. Whats not being paid for by the right hand will be paid for by the left.

paladin
12-28-2009, 07:31 PM
The other thing is happening...about prescriptions.....have been notified by e-mail today that my prescription meds will increase in cost by 15% effective Jan 1. Also, the cutoff on my annual prescription coverage is held at 2500 bucks, and the co-pay is for a 30 day prescription or any shorter one. I had heard that they were going to eliminate purchasing from out of country and force you to by your meds in the U.S. at prices set by U.S. industry. My insurance company has it's prices....I pay the co pay and then they tap medicare for whatever medicare pays so they get full price.

John Smith
12-28-2009, 07:37 PM
The other thing is happening...about prescriptions.....have been notified by e-mail today that my prescription meds will increase in cost by 15% effective Jan 1. Also, the cutoff on my annual prescription coverage is held at 2500 bucks, and the co-pay is for a 30 day prescription or any shorter one. I had heard that they were going to eliminate purchasing from out of country and force you to by your meds in the U.S. at prices set by U.S. industry. My insurance company has it's prices....I pay the co pay and then they tap medicare for whatever medicare pays so they get full price.
You heard right, but I'm not sure that language will stay in the bill.

It's kind of hard to sell the argument that other nations can't make safe drugs, when we've no problem with their cars.

I continue to ask everyone I know to write their reps of either party and ask that the window for enrolling in Medicare be extended for people, like me, who will turn 65 in the middle of all this. Makes no sense to make such decisions under rules that are about to change.