PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas thought

John Smith
12-25-2009, 10:27 AM
What does it say about people when they hope for a white Christmas, then get upset when one comes and disrupts all their travel plans?

Tom Galyen
12-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it! :)

downthecreek
12-25-2009, 11:21 AM
The weather we've had recently has been exceptional. Heavy snow and sub zero temperatures for a good week. I can't remember the last time we had snow in December (other than the lightest dusting) and we rarely get more than a couple of days of snow in any winter these days in my part of the world. No white Christmas, though - it's all gone, thank heaven.

Nice little story - Lots of people stranded in High Wycombe and unable to get home (HW is on the edge of quite hilly country)

The local John Lewis department store opened up its bed department, gave them duvets etc. and allowed them all to kip on its beds. I believe they also opened their cafe overnight for them.

John Lewis is one of the good 'uns. :)

Paul Girouard
12-25-2009, 11:28 AM
The weather we've had recently has been exceptional. Heavy snow and sub zero temperatures for a good week. I can't remember the last time we had snow in December (other than the lightest dusting) and we rarely get more than a couple of days of snow in any winter these days in my part of the world.

Gobal warming, ssssssssssssure :rolleyes:

McMike
12-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Actually, it was predicted a decade ago that the melting of the icecaps would change the weather as to possibly create a colder climate or even the possibility of a mini ice age in the UK. Global warming may cause local climates to be drastically cooler from what we’re used to. I’m not aware of all the science, only enough to know that we won’t see the entire planet become balmy if global warming is real.

bobbys
12-25-2009, 07:13 PM
What does it say about people when they hope for a white Christmas, then get upset when one comes and disrupts all their travel plans?.

I saw White Christmas the movie and always tear up at the end When the General gets a rousing song from his old Division!