PDA

View Full Version : Full of food and full of booze...

Duncan Gibbs
12-25-2009, 06:18 AM
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1913/10058894/18573029/380117390.jpg

And I can hardly move an inch! Even my fingers feel fat!! :o;):)

PeterSibley
12-25-2009, 06:42 AM
Nah , a good lunch and some quite excellent cake , but not that overfed :D. Would you believe , one beer ?

The grandkids are away at their Dad's place in Tasmania , my other daughters came down and it's been a lovely gentle Christmas .:)

Duncan Gibbs
12-25-2009, 06:47 AM
but not that overfed :D.
We can fix that! ;)

Would you believe , one beer ?
That NEEDS fixing!!!! :eek:

PeterSibley
12-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Happy ,Dunc , happy !

Duncan Gibbs
12-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Ahhhh! You're not counting all those glasses of bubbly you've been putting away eh? ;)

Syed
12-25-2009, 06:54 AM
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1913/10058894/18573029/380117390.jpg

And I can hardly move an inch! Even my fingers feel fat!! :o;):)

This is the Desi food. I can tell from its flavour. ;)

downthecreek
12-25-2009, 06:58 AM
Nah , a good lunch and some quite excellent cake , but not that overfed :D.

A man after me own heart!

I have never been able to see the attraction of stuffing myself silly. For me, the horrible, bloated feeling simply destroys the pleasure of a good meal, just as too much good wine destroys the pleasure of good wine. :)

skuthorp
12-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Well, that's over! Heaps of food but not much booze. Had a couple of drop-ins too. Reading something light this evening, one of Cornwell's ''Sharpe's" series, in between snoozing. G'day Syed, you on board for the boxing day test tomorrow? I won't be in all day but I'll keep in touch. Wonder if Donn knows.

Duncan Gibbs
12-25-2009, 07:06 AM
Syed,

Peri peri/harrisa chicken on skewers that were forged in Mumbai on the LHS. Kofta somewhat disintegrated on the grill on the RHS and naan in the foreground that was ready in about five seconds flat. Those coals were so hot the rain that did fall today didn't make it this particular patch of ground.

Then there were all the things on the table...

Syed
12-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Good day, Jeff. Depends on the performance:D

skuthorp
12-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Well, we're down on bowlers, a new cornstalk named Smith is in the squad. Pakistan has had reasonable form lately but the Aussies can run away with a match in the first two hours if allowed to. The toss might be important I reckon. Weather will be cool, 23-27C. What's your assesment of your team?

Syed
12-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Duncan mate, Try Prathas and Kababs, some times.

Syed
12-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Well, we're down on bowlers, a new cornstalk named Smith is in the squad. Pakistan has had reasonable form lately but the Aussies can run away with a match in the first two hours if allowed to. The toss might be important I reckon. Weather will be cool, 23-27C. What's your assesment of your team?
:D 'Experimental'

skuthorp
12-25-2009, 07:24 AM
:D 'Experimental'

I love that Syed, much political interference with selections or are the govt too busy these days? I am sorry that it seems impossible to play test matches in Pakistan at present, it must be a great disappointment to so many.

PeterSibley
12-25-2009, 07:35 AM

I have never been able to see the attraction of stuffing myself silly. For me, the horrible, bloated feeling simply destroys the pleasure of a good meal, just as too much good wine destroys the pleasure of good wine. :)

Moderation has it's own rewards !:)

Duncan Gibbs
12-25-2009, 07:39 AM
The Kofta did start life as Kebabs from a recipe somewhere from this site (http://www.angelfire.com/country/fauziaspakistan/recipe/mutton_beef_lamb.html), but we can't find it now. They fell away from the skewers and we put them onto the grill.

I love parathas, particularly ones stuffed with cheese and garlic. And spinach. And...

Duncan Gibbs
12-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Moderation has it's own rewards !:)

I stuffed myself.... Moderately! :D

PeterSibley
12-25-2009, 07:43 AM
I think you know me Duncan .:)

Syed
12-25-2009, 08:15 AM
The Kofta did start life as Kebabs from a recipe somewhere from this site (http://www.angelfire.com/country/fauziaspakistan/recipe/mutton_beef_lamb.html), but we can't find it now. They fell away from the skewers and we put them onto the grill.

I love parathas, particularly ones stuffed with cheese and garlic. And spinach. And...

If you can make a stuffed pratha, I shall be pleased to disclose our 'family recipe' for stuffed prathas. ;)

Syed
12-25-2009, 08:21 AM
I love that Syed, much political interference with selections or are the govt too busy these days? I am sorry that it seems impossible to play test matches in Pakistan at present, it must be a great disappointment to so many.

We had Musharraf's friends as heads of Cricket board and now it is Zardaris turn. These germs travel deep down.

Hwyl
12-25-2009, 09:43 AM
If you can make a stuffed pratha, I shall be pleased to disclose our 'family recipe' for stuffed prathas. ;)

Please do!!!

Syed
12-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Will do after getting some help from Her highness.

paladin
12-25-2009, 10:30 AM
any recipes will be considered golden gifts.....

Tracey
12-25-2009, 03:53 PM
any recipes will be considered golden gifts.....

I'll second that!

Merry Christmas! To you all--

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m193/searover1916/sailboat_christmas_cards.jpg

With all good wishes for a wonderful 2010!

Best regards,

Jim and Tracey

seanz
12-25-2009, 04:09 PM

I have never been able to see the attraction of stuffing myself silly. For me, the horrible, bloated feeling simply destroys the pleasure of a good meal, just as too much good wine destroys the pleasure of good wine.

What a good idea.:rolleyes::)
Maybe next year?

This year, once again, I was full as a goog. A Labrador stared at me, nodded and then walked away..........;):D
No booze though.....got to keep your wits about you at a family Christmas. ;):cool:

skuthorp
12-25-2009, 04:18 PM
He does! I won't be at the 'G' though. 17:30 tomorrow afternoon, I'll be fighting with the live feeds on the PC.

I'll be asleep for the 2nd England/South Africa test.

Donn, "I won't be at the 'G' ", what a conversion, you've even got the parlance down pat! Who are you going to support? I think I'll go for Syed's lot, the Aussies have the home crowd advantage though there is a reasonable Pakistani diaspora here. Looks like Ponting will play but the new spinner Smith may get a shot.
Should we start a "Test" thread or just carry on here?

The Bigfella
12-25-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm feeling a tad slow today... the prawns and lobster for lunch were great, but then it was off to a friend's for dinner.... a couple of nicely stuffed turkeys came out of the oven as we arrived. Some nice Hallett's... and finished off with a necrotrophic fungus (botrytis).

Wild Dingo
12-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Well... Im feelin pretty damned good meownself :cool: Just as it should be considering I and the hoons did Chrissy on Chrissy eve as she who is never spoken of demanded their whole attention for the whole of Chrissy day... BUT!!! Who cares??? Man what a day!!! eats? honey glazed hams, fresh italian sausages, home made pickled onions, chook, turkey (which incidently NO ONE else eats EXCEPT me and young Joshman!!! oooh god was it a battle!!) there was mango pawpaw rockmelon watermelon pineapple... and for tea/dinner there was the awesomest mess of left overs ever created!!! :cool:

Had but 2 vodkas on Chrissy Eve with the left overs and none since... damn but I feel GOOOOOOOD!!! :cool:

Memphis Mike
12-25-2009, 06:18 PM
I hope you bust wide open.:)

Mrleft8
12-25-2009, 06:25 PM
I hope you bust wide open.:)

Ever seen that guy's belly? It has pleats like a poodle skirt. Just as you think it's about to pop, it just unfolds another layer.....It's like watching a 12 pound snake eat a 60 pound pig.....It's one of those things that you can't believe until you see it.......Even on camera you say "oh sure!" But it's TRUE!!!!
I swear the Dingo could eat his way through a supermarket, and only burp and fart on his way out the door.....:D
(merry christmas son!)

paladin
12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
I just had Christmas dinner with 4 nurses.......and a nap.......

She was young, she was pure, she was new, she was nice
She was fair, she was sweet seventeen
He was old, he was vile, and no stranger to vice
He was base, he was bad, he was mean
He had slyly inveigled her up to his flat
To view his collection of stamps
And he said as he hastened to put out the cat
The wine, his cigar and the lamps

/ C - - - / - - G - / F - C Am / D - G - /
/ C - F - / Dm - G - / C F C Am / F - G - /

Have some madeira, m'dear
You really have nothing to fear
I'm not trying to tempt you, that wouldn't be right
You shouldn't drink spirits at this time of night
It's really much nicer than beer
I don't care for sherry, one cannot drink stout
And port is a wine I can well do without
It's simply a case of chacun a son gout

/ C - - - / - - G - / F - C Am / D - G - / :
/ C F C Am / F G C - /

Unaware of the wiles of the snake-in-the-grass
And the fate of the maiden who topes
She lowered her standards by raising her glass
Her courage, her eyes and his hopes
She sipped it, she drank it, she drained it, she did
He promptly refilled it again
And he said as he secretly carved one more notch
On the butt of his gold-headed cane

Have some madeira, m'dear, I've got a small cask of it here
And once it's been opened, you know it won't keep
Do finish it up, it will help you to sleep
Have some madeira, m'dear, it's really an excellent year
Now if it were gin, you'd be wrong to say yes
The evil gin does would be hard to assess
Besides it's inclined to affect me prowess

Then there flashed through her mind what her mother had said
With her antepenultimate breath
"Oh my child, should you look on the wine that is red
Be prepared for a fate worse than death"
She let go her glass with a shrill little cry
Crash! tinkle! it fell to the floor
When he asked, "What in Heaven?" she made no reply
Up her mind, and a dash for the door

Have some madeira, m'dear, rang out down the hall loud and clear
A tremulous cry that was filled with despair
As she paused to take breath in the cool midnight air
Have some madeira, m'dear, the words seemed to ring in her ear
Until the next morning, she woke up in bed
With a smile on her lips and an ache in her head
And a beard in her ear 'ole that tickled and said

JimD
12-25-2009, 06:42 PM
At the moment I am polishing off the last of a pecan pie and bucket of ice cream begun only yesterday. Cathy had a serving so its not like I ate it all myself or anything. Almost time for another nap.

Duncan Gibbs
12-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Last of the washing up done, Sy'ney to Hobart Race start watched. Might plant an avocado tree later, then have some of the Bison Vodka my beloved got me and read some of The Sailmaker's Apprentice she also got me. :)

I'm a lucky man! :):)

PeterSibley
12-26-2009, 01:12 AM
some of The Sailmaker's Apprentice

Hmmmmm good to know ;)

skuthorp
12-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Had a mixed day, shopping with the boss, wading in the neighbours pond (enjoyable), tore nail of small toe - it's OK, and someone gave me a 17ft plastic sea kayak. Son used it twice and got a fright, I had done some work on his rotten verandah and he said "You like boats, do you want this?". Yes please!

PeterSibley
12-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Very nice Jeff !

The Bigfella
12-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Good score.