PDA

View Full Version : Football; any picks/hopes for the superbowl?

John Smith
12-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I don't have a favorite team, and I hope just for a good game come superbowl day.

I'm surrounded, due to my location, by Giant and Eagle fans.

I told my grandsons about Peyton and Eli's dad, Archie, playing for New Orleans, when their game plan was to snap athe ball to Archie, and he'd run for his life.

My cat's a football fan. He routes for the Bengals, Tigers, Panthers et al. I had a bird who was partial to the Eagles, the Seahawks, Cardinals....

One day they were watching the Eagles play the Falcons, and got into quite an argument over a pass interference call.:D

peb
12-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Always a cowboy fan, and I expect them in the playoffs but not a chance for the superbowl. I am predicting the saints against the chargers in the playoffs. Chargers will win. I would like to see this result, since I am a fan of Norv Turner. The most underrated coach in the league and really a class act.

John Smith
12-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Always a cowboy fan, and I expect them in the playoffs but not a chance for the superbowl. I am predicting the saints against the chargers in the playoffs. Chargers will win. I would like to see this result, since I am a fan of Norv Turner. The most underrated coach in the league and really a class act.

Dallas has a marvelous track record of being team you'd have to beat to get to the superbowl. The two Dallas/Pittsburgh games were incredible.

I had a convention in Las Vegas on summer. I dont' gamble, but I thought I'd have some fun. Went up the the betting place in Ceaser's and put $20 on the Giants to win Superbowl 19.

Odds were 60 - 1. After having done nothing for some years, they won their first two games, beat Dallas twice, and were in first place Thanksgiving. They made the playoffs, and lost to San Franciso, one game short of making the big one.

In the first half, with a third and long, Montana ran and as he went out of bounds, he got a flag for a late hit, and instead of 4th down, it was a first down. It was a close call; one couldn't complain that they called it, and one couldn't complain if they didn't.

Near the end of the game, the same situation developed and, not wanting to draw another flag, the same Giant (whose name I forget) didn't hit Montana as he went out of bounds, but Montana didn't go out of bounds, ran for the first, and went on to win.

Sure had a lot of fun for my $20

Mark Van
12-23-2009, 01:10 PM
I was hoping Brett Favre and the Vikings would get to the super bowl, but it doesn't look as likely now as it did a few weeks ago. When Dallas beat the Saints, it looked like the vikings had a chance at getting home field advantage, but after their last game, it looks like they may not even get a first round bye, since they are only one game ahead of the Eagles.

bamamick
12-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Saints and Colts will have homefield throughout the playoffs. My picks? Chargers and Eagles. Yeah, I hate it, but I just can't see the Saints defense getting them to the Super Bowl.

Mickey Lake