PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Parkers's 14' Cape Cod Oystering Skiff?

JA2E
10-26-2000, 12:54 PM
I am contemplating building Reuel Parker's plan for the 14'Cape Cod Oystering Sharpie Skiff shown in his book. Any comments drawn from experience with the plan or construction or finished photos would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John

Ocean Spray
04-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm also interested in this design. Has anyone built this particular 14' oystering skif from Parkers plans or experienced working from any of Parkers designs or plans?

Rick C.
05-06-2005, 05:40 AM
I have been interested in that design for a few years now, even posted the same query quite awhile ago, but got no responses. I'm still seriously looking at it for this summer's project, and will probably strip build it, due to the interesting stash of wood that I've accumulated. I will still cross-plank the bottom, use glass or dynel and epoxy throughout.

For the sprit-rigged leg of mutton sail, I came across an interesting way to vertical reef it in WB #59 (July/August '84, pp.36). Has anyone tried this method?

Rick in Asheville

rbgarr
05-06-2005, 06:30 AM
I'm not familiar with the Reuel design or rig, but if the boat is anything like these 14 footers (also based on a Cape Cod oystering skiff) it should be a blast. http://www.cotuitskiff.org/?ID=590#