PDA

View Full Version : House Democrat and Physician Switches to GOP over HCR

Rick-Mi
12-22-2009, 05:16 PM
This doctor and congressman just couldn't take it any more......

Alabama Dem defects to GOP over health care policy

By JAY REEVES, Associated Press Writer Jay Reeves, Associated Press Writer 48 mins ago

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. A U.S. House Democrat who opposes the health care overhaul announced Tuesday he is defecting to the GOP, another blow to Democrats ahead of the midterm elections.

U.S. Rep. Parker Griffith spoke to reporters at his home in northern Alabama, a region that relies heavily on defense and aerospace jobs.

"I believe our nation is at a crossroads and I can no longer align myself with a party that continues to pursue legislation that is bad for our country, hurts our economy, and drives us further and further into debt," Griffith said as his wife Virginia stood by his side.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_congress_party_switch

elf
12-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Ah, another DINO shows his true colors - greed wins out for this one.

Quite honestly, I wish every one of them would move over and be up front about just which side they're on. This blue dog crap is just exactly that.

Rick-Mi
12-22-2009, 05:28 PM

Quite honestly, I wish every one of them would move over and be up front about just which side they're on. This blue dog crap is just exactly that.

Elf, this representative is a doctor who knows healthcare inside and out. He knows how badly democrats are botching an attempt at HCR and simply can't take it any more.

However, I will agree with you on politicians coming out and just admitting what they are. Conservatives suffered terribly with the RINO Senator Arlen Specter in a key position of power.

I also do not think politicians should be able to jump party ships between elections. If someone wants to be a republican they should run as one and likewise with the democrats. Anything else is unfair to voters.

rbgarr
12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
And I thought it was only the insurance companies that practice rescission! :D

BrianW
12-22-2009, 06:04 PM

How much money did the good doctor get?

Think it was more than Senator Nelson?