PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a old friend

ishmael
12-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Tina Green. Around Buffalo, NY. I'd dearly love to be in touch with her again.

S/V Laura Ellen
12-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Tina Green. Around Buffalo, NY. I'd dearly love to be in touch with her again.

I know Tina... and she said if you touch her again there is going to be big trouble....:D:D:D

ishmael
12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Funny Alan, she might agree with you.

Tina never quite made sense to me, or I to her. When we met we were in the midst of the crazy twenties.

I've tried to find her by the usual measures. I'd just like to talk to her again.

Our first conversations were in the cab or a company truck. She spoke of re-incarnation. I agreed that we'd known each other before.

So, the point of the thread is to find this strange woman so I can have a word with her again.

S/V Laura Ellen
12-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Funny Alan, she might agree with you.

Tina never quite made sense to me, or I to her. When we met we were in the midst of the crazy twenties.

I've tried to find her by the usual measures. I'd just like to talk to her again.

Facebook?

bobbys
12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
My wife had a roommate at Syracuse that moved to Buffalo.

Have not heard from her in 10 years but we can call her up if need be.

Maybe she knows her.

Her other roommate had a brother in the band, The Circle, You member.

Red rubber ball?.

They toured with the Beatles but i never got to hear the good stories.

Plumbtex
12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
I once googled an old girlfriend - found her on a most wanted list.
I didn't follow up.

botebum
12-21-2009, 11:15 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/botebum/Other%20Stuff/BottleJack.jpg
Dialing Under the Influence(DUI) is never a good idea Jack.

Doug

ishmael
12-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Just looking for a old friend. I'd like to hear from her again. So label me however it suits you.

botebum
12-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Just looking for a old friend.Did you really think she'd be here?

Doug

ishmael
12-21-2009, 11:40 PM
"Did you really think she'd be here?"

No, like I said, I've exhausted all other means and I thought it wouldn't hurt to cast some bread upon the waters.

I'm not aimed, as seems so common these days, at adolescent sexuality. This woman was important to me, and I'd like to know her again.

Hwyl
12-22-2009, 01:15 AM
I tried anywho.com

Tina Green
15 Deleted highway
Boofaloo
Memory

Mrleft8
12-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Nice Gareth..... Post the poor woman's address and number so any whacko (besides Jack) can stalk her?

ishmael
12-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks, Gareth. I'll give that a try and see if it's her.

Maybe do pull the contact info, for the reason Doug mentioned. If it is her, or anyone else, I'd hate to have her troubled by web wackos.

Hwyl
12-22-2009, 10:03 AM
The name is there for all to see. The search took maybe 15 seconds while I was wheezing from a middle of the night asthma attack, bu I'll delete it.

Send a Christmas card Jack

Pugwash
12-22-2009, 10:04 AM
thanks, gareth. I'll give that a try and see if it's her............................i'd hate to have her troubled by web wackos.

Errrm, okay.

:D:D:D

LeeG
12-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Errrm, okay.

:D:D:D

oh yeah

botebum
12-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Jack- Hi, Tina?
Tina- Yes:confused:
Jack- It's Jack!:)
Tina- Jack? Jack who:confused:
Jack- Your lover from years gone by!
Tina- You may have the wrong number:confused:
Jack- Jack! Jack from (insert state here)!
Tina- I really think you have the wrong number.
Jack- Don't you remember me? When we last parted you said I should go live in the deep woods where I couldn't bother anyone. Guess what!? I did!
Tina- I'm calling the police.
Jack- You don't need to call the police. I have a gun ... in battery.
Tina- "CLICK"
Tina(to self)- How did he find me? I've got to move! I've got to change my name:eek: Oh, Gawd! I've got to hide!
Tina dials 911

Um ... best of luck with it Jack:rolleyes:

Doug

ishmael
12-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh, she'll remember me.

I was working for a company surveying an abandoned nuclear storage site outside of Buffalo. I was in charge of the soils lab, basically just a improvised place where the drill cores were sectioned and dried.

The place was a nightmare left over from the first days of the Manhattan project. 400 plus acres, decaying buildings with water pouring through, and uranium tailings so hot you had to wear a positive pressure suit just to go in many of them.

The records were basically non-existent. We had a site map, made in the fifties, that had things like a circled area labeled, "New Navy Dump," but that was about it. We didn't know if there were dumped reactor cores, or what was in there. Working there opened my eyes a bit to how careless humans can be.

Did I mention that there were feral dogs whelping pups in some of the buildings, and the site management was the mob? Ya can't make this stuff up, and it made for great tales after a few drinks at the local watering hole.

Tina's and my summer romance was a lovely break after a day of that! I'm not looking for romance, it would just be nice to be back in touch with a sterling woman I once knew.

LeeG
12-22-2009, 12:26 PM
what did you and this sterling woman like to do?

LeeG
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlYkIJVguCU

ishmael
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
"what did you and this sterling woman like to do?"

The typical things young lovers do. We took the ferry holding hands to many places.

bobbys
12-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Darn.

Wheres that No? i gotta ask her something.

"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain.
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
I'm the lady you've looked for, write to me, and escape.".

OK, i call random ladies in the phone book and ask this, I do get a few responses.

botebum
12-22-2009, 02:50 PM
OK, i call random ladies in the phone book and ask this, I do get a few responses.Do your neighbors complain about the flashing lights in your driveway at two in the morning?

Doug

Mrleft8
12-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh, she'll remember me.

I was working for a company surveying an abandoned nuclear storage site outside of Buffalo...... The spectre of Love Canal rears it's ugly head again! :D:eek:

StevenBauer
12-23-2009, 10:34 AM
So what did she say?

Steven

ishmael
12-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Doug,

It was the same time as Love Canal. Buffalo was getting a lot of bad environmental press. The NYT did a full page story on our little nightmare, though I was away on a break at the time.

The site manager was mobbed up. One of the few working machines was a large pump that pumped directly to the Niagra river, and by all accounts this guy hired it out. Whatever you had, if you had the jingle he'd get rid of it for you.

A couple of weeks I was in charge of our study, and he and I didn't get along. He saw it as his territory, and we were eggheads come to break up a good scheme. We had no law enforcement capability, but he was reported.

There were several project managers, and I remember being on the phone with one saying, "This stuff isn't right!" I was told, in no uncertain terms, to just do my job and shut up.

P.S. No answer. I'll try again after the holidays.