PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Norris on Health Care Reform

Ian McColgin
12-17-2009, 11:52 PM
I like some of Chuck Norrisís shows but really . . .

"What would have happened if Mother Mary had been covered by Obamacare? What if that young, poor and uninsured teenage woman had been provided the federal funds (via Obamacare) and facilities (via Planned Parenthood) to avoid the ridicule, ostracizing, persecution and possible stoning because of her out-of-wedlock pregnancy?"

Hate to break it to Chuck, but Joseph manned up then and would now. Power of love and all that.

perldog007
12-18-2009, 12:00 AM

"What would have happened if Mother Mary had been covered by Obamacare? What if that young, poor and uninsured teenage woman had been provided the federal funds (via Obamacare) and facilities (via Planned Parenthood) to avoid the ridicule, ostracizing, persecution and possible stoning because of her out-of-wedlock pregnancy?"

Hate to break it to Chuck, but Joseph manned up then and would now. Power of love and all that.

See that's the thing about the Chuckster, who's gonna tell him? You? Better you than me :D

perldog007
12-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I'd pay to see Chuck in the Octagon with Anderson Silva.

I am cool with it as long as it's not me in the octagon with Anderson Silva. Or Chuck.

That would be a sold out event, I am not sure you could get chuck licensed at his age, but one never knows. Mr. Silva would probably destroy him, but I doubt if he would take the old man lightly.

Pugwash
12-18-2009, 12:16 AM
WTF is this pre-pubescest boys obsession with Chuck Norris?

:confused:

It seems to be universal.

perldog007
12-18-2009, 12:17 AM

Chuck Norris smells like fresh cut grass. Deal with it son. :cool:

bobbys
12-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Chuck Norris smells like fresh cut grass. Deal with it son. :cool:.

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Chuck Norris has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

Ian McColgin
12-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Nope. Got the quote from a squib on CommonDreams.

Ian McColgin
12-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Having done the google others might as easily have done, we learn that Norris is wackier than the isolated quote. Here’s his whole essay:
From HumanEvents.com
What if Mother Mary Had Obamacare?
by Chuck Norris (more by this author)
Posted 12/15/2009 ET
Updated 12/15/2009 ET

Washington is up to its old political shell game again, this time in an unprecedented way.
While Americans are focused upon the Christmas season and the mainstream media on health care and President Barack Obama's two trips to Europe (last week to Oslo and this week to Copenhagen), the Democrats in Congress have slipped major pro-abortion legislation under the radar.
First, last Monday the Senate rejected the health care reform bill amendment introduced by Sen. Ben Nelson, D-Neb., and Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, that would have banned federal funds from providing for abortion.
Then, on Thursday, the House of Representatives rushed the clandestine approval of an overinflated $1 trillion omnibus bill, which includes 5,224 earmarks -- costing about $3.9 billion -- and an underhanded provision that would overturn a long-standing budget ban in the District of Columbia (whose budget is overseen by Congress) for federally funding abortions.
Then, after the Democratic-controlled Senate cleared a procedural vote on Saturday needed to end a Republican filibuster, in yet another near-secret Sunday afternoon session, the Senate passed the omnibus bill and the provision for Washington, D.C. Tragically, the bill also would appropriate $648.5 million for "international family planning" funding (an increase of $103 million over 2009) and would give funding for Planned Parenthood and the United Nations Population Fund, both of which have pro-abortion agendas.
In short, while President Obama was accepting the Nobel Peace Prize, the Democrats in Congress drove a sword through the womb of the unborn.
Congress' latest pro-abortion strategy is a radical divergence from -- and sheer contradiction of -- Obama's Sept. 9 promise that under Democrats' health care reform plan, "no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions."
But the big question and bottom line, as Hatch asked, is: "Why should people of conscience be forced to participate in any aspect of abortion?"
Washington certainly has reached a new low by forcing American citizens who oppose abortion to pay for abortions via their taxes in this massively comprehensive way. Is it intentionally trying to spark the next Boston Tea Party? When our greatest values are thrown under the omnibus, how do they expect us to respond? (Washington's wild spending and abandonment of traditional values and our Founders' vision is what prompted me to add a 64-page expansion to the new paperback version of my New York Times best-seller Black Belt Patriotism, being released in January through Fidelis Books. See the new Web site at http://www.BlackBeltPatriotism.com.)
Obama and Congress' pro-abortion steps are being taken despite a recent nationwide survey that revealed that 4 in 5 U.S. adults would limit abortion's legality. One in 3 would limit abortion to rape, incest or the saving of a mother's life. One in 3 also would limit abortion to either the first three or first six months. Only 9 percent said abortion should be legal for any reason at any time during pregnancy.
Now is the critical time for action. If you haven't done so, contact your representative and senators at 202-224-3121 or through http://www.house.gov and http://www.senate.gov and then the White House at 202-456-2111 or http://www.WhiteHouse.gov/contact.
Tell your representative and senators to quit fast-tracking these momentous bills without periods for debate and during secret sessions on weekends, when America is least attentive.
Tell your representative and senators of your extreme disappointment in their approving the outrageous omnibus spending bill, spending frivolously under America's recession and adding more to our national debt.
Tell your representative and senators to support the Stupak-Pitts amendment and the Nelson-Hatch amendment in the House and Senate health care bills, thus preventing the federal funding of abortion via Obamacare.
Call or write the White House and demand that President Obama veto the outrageous omnibus bill (with pro-abortion provisions and more than 5,200 earmarks).
Join the 300,000 people who have signed The Manhattan Declaration to fight for the unborn (http://www.ManhattanDeclaration.org).
Share this column with your pro-life clergyman, family and friends, and encourage them to mobilize the troops on these pieces of legislation.
Get involved with a local pro-life organization, like my wife, Gena, who supports the Dallas Council for Life and the Dallas Pregnancy Resource Center.
Lastly, as we near the eve of another Christmas, I wonder: What would have happened if Mother Mary had been covered by Obamacare? What if that young, poor and uninsured teenage woman had been provided the federal funds (via Obamacare) and facilities (via Planned Parenthood, etc.) to avoid the ridicule, ostracizing, persecution and possible stoning because of her out-of-wedlock pregnancy? Imagine all the great souls who could have been erased from history and the influence of mankind if their parents had been as progressive as Washington's wise men and women! Will Obamacare morph into Herodcare for the unborn?
America doesn't need to turn the page on culture wars, such as the one on abortion. It needs to reopen the pages of its history to our Founders' elevated views of and rights for all human beings (including those in the womb), as documented in the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution. We need to revive and re-instill their value of humanity back into society, our children and our children's children.
And most of all, Washington needs to run our government as Thomas Jefferson outlined in an 1809 letter: "The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
(Don't miss my Christmas column next week, titled "Away With the Manger," about how the feds are whitewashing America's Judeo-Christian heritage via a progressive, politically correct and pro-Muslim platform.)

bobbys
12-18-2009, 01:13 AM

Hate to break it to Chuck, but Joseph manned up then and would now. Power of love and all that..

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.

Ian McColgin
12-18-2009, 01:58 AM
My dear ripley 699. I favor full access, which includes subsidy for those who can't afford, to a basic level of health care and that includes the full range of prenatal, natal, postnatal, infant, and all care. That certainly includes contraceptive and abortion services. So yes, I favor what would turn out to be a small amount of tax money for abortions.

I am very against some road projects that my tax dollars support but I have no right as a taxpayer to selectivly omit those few cents from my taxes. I am at my deepest values against a good number of the actual actions our military gets sent off on but again have no right to deduct that from my taxes.

I do have the right to raise political hell about such issues and do so. Should my political efforts loose, as often happens in the cases of spending I find immoral, I have no legal right to with hold that portion of my taxes.

I happen to be in deep sympathy for people who are tax resisters, like those who so opposed our wars that they have lost their homes and freedom. I happen not to have found it in my heart to join them but I get the point. Should anti-abortionists loose the political fight, they certainly have the moral right, perhaps duty, to do likewise.

Ian McColgin
12-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Side note on Chuck Norris: Actors are not necessarily their roles but Norris, especially in his Texas Ranger role, has great story, artistic and moral lesson control and I believe he is rather like that charactor. That is the charactor of a noble person who will debate, argue and reason about political and cultural issues. He'd be a great one to hash out the great issues over a bowl of chili and I'd not expect for the matter to be settled by either fighting, which he'd win, or a steeple chase which I'd likely win - or would have before my spinal arthritis. Hell, I can't do hard riding anymore so let's shift that one to some one-man sailboat race . . .

stevebaby
12-18-2009, 04:13 AM
Chuck Norris smells like fresh cut grass. Deal with it son. :cool:He smelled like stale beer and vomit when the Sydney bouncer flattened him a few years ago.

JimD
12-18-2009, 04:19 AM
http://www.newamerica.net/blog/files/chucknorris.jpg

No comment.

perldog007
12-18-2009, 06:27 AM
He smelled like stale beer and vomit when the Sydney bouncer flattened him a few years ago.

That's a rumor started by Chuck to lure more bouncers into fighting with him. That crowd never was that bright.

isla
12-18-2009, 08:02 AM
See that's the thing about the Chuckster, who's gonna tell him? You? Better you than me :D

Nah, he's getting old now..I could take him :eek:

perldog007
12-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Nah, he's getting old now..I could take him :eek:

We'll be waiting for the youtube...... BTW I couldn't find anything on that Sydney incident mentioned earlier, link?

Chuck is a conservative, it's no secret. Seems to have worked out for him. Fortunately he seems a bit more tolerant/mellow as he gets older.

A trend that we can hope will continue.

Kaa
12-18-2009, 10:48 AM

That's because Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

:D

Kaa

P.S. I guess you never hung out in Barrens chat... :-)

Hal Forsen
12-18-2009, 11:36 AM
22 Chuck Norris Facts
1. Chuck Norrisí tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.
2. Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
3. Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.
4. The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.
5. Chuck Norris defines love as the reluctance to murder. If youíre still alive, itís because Chuck Norris loves you.
6. Chuck Norris isnít hung like a horse. Horses are hung like Chuck Norris.
7. If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you canít see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away from death.
8. Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead decided to punch his way out of his motherís womb.
9. There are no disabled people. Only people who have met Chuck Norris.
10. Chuck Norris can win a game of Monopoly without owning any property.
11. There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live.
12. In fine print on the last page of the Guinness Book of World Records it notes that all world records are held by Chuck Norris, and those listed in the book are simply the closest anyone has ever gotten.
13. Chuck Norris invented cancer because he was tired of killing people
14. In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Chuck Norris could use to kill you, including the room itself.
15. Chuck Norris is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.
16. Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
17. When Chuck Norris goes to donate blood, he declines the syringe, and instead requests a hand gun and a bucket.
18. Chuck Norris has two speeds: walk and kill.
19.When Chuck Norris jumps into a body of water, he doesnít get wet. The water gets Chuck Norris instead.
20. Chuck Norris can divide by zero.
21. Chuck Norris can set ants on fire with a magnifying glass. At night.
22. When Chuck Norris runs with scissors, other people get hurt.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ishmael
12-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Chuck Norris was the real deal in Asian martial arts. He's got the body for it, fairly compact and muscular, and reportedly is a hard worker. But who cares what he thinks about health care reform? I mean, he's got a right to express an opinion.

stevebaby
12-18-2009, 03:36 PM
That's a rumor started by Chuck to lure more bouncers into fighting with him. That crowd never was that bright.Neither was your hero. He turned up at a nightclub called "Arthurs" with two young women late one night and attempted to gain entrance. As he was very obviously drunk, the doormen refused him admittance. Chuckie (after going through the"Do you know who I am?" routine)then swung a kick at the bouncer,which missed. Whereupon the bouncer promptly punched his lights out and put in a couple of kicks of his own. Chuckie was taken away in an ambulance to a nearby hospital. It was reported in the local papers as a hit-run,after some quick work by his PR people.
I was working in the local Police Station the next day. I saw the Incident Report and spoke to the cops who investigated. I also knew the bouncer who flattened him...his girlfriend and mine shared a flat at one time.
Actors...

paladin
12-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Sometimes actors let their reps get the best of them......
A prominent "fastest draw in Hollywood", thought he was the world's fastest draw. I was invited to a party one weekend and the gentleman was there....my host remarked that I was pretty fast with a gun so the challenge went down....he wasn't fast enough....the difference also was that I betcha I could plug the target, and I was told he wasn't the best shot, just fast.....
I really didn't practice the fast draw during the craze, and only entered one contest, with the "America's fastest draw dude...." he wasn't fast enough either.
I practice for a few years with my katana.....and it was a couple or three years vefore I was able to bring my instructor to a "maybe" draw, and I had the crap beat outta me with bamboo for those years....
The one thing I did practice was Iai, or the art of drawing the sword......sometimes it not the guy that can wield the sword, but the guy that can draw his first and get in the first lick. I would never be a great swordsman, middle ground perhaps, but my instructor said that the swordsmen would stay away from me......one thing that scared the Samurai, was the archers.

perldog007
12-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Neither was your hero. He turned up at a nightclub called "Arthurs" with two young women late one night and attempted to gain entrance. As he was very obviously drunk, the doormen refused him admittance. Chuckie (after going through the"Do you know who I am?" routine)then swung a kick at the bouncer,which missed. Whereupon the bouncer promptly punched his lights out and put in a couple of kicks of his own. Chuckie was taken away in an ambulance to a nearby hospital. It was reported in the local papers as a hit-run,after some quick work by his PR people.
I was working in the local Police Station the next day. I saw the Incident Report and spoke to the cops who investigated. I also knew the bouncer who flattened him...his girlfriend and mine shared a flat at one time.
Actors...

I would call the Chucktator lot's O' things, but Actor? For some reason there must have been a media blackout, tried google and bing, no joy. I don't find it impossible to believe that a drunk sixty year old could be taken out by a security professional.

stevebaby
12-18-2009, 05:57 PM
I would call the Chucktator lot's O' things, but Actor? For some reason there must have been a media blackout, tried google and bing, no joy. I don't find it impossible to believe that a drunk sixty year old could be taken out by a security professional.It was 30-odd years ago.The bouncer was around the same age, and a pretty handy amateur heavyweight who worked the door on Friday and Saturday nights without pay (Arthur's was the hottest club in town at the time, and it was a great opportunity to meet young women!).Julian, the bouncer, ran a pretty successful wholesale jewellery business during the daytime, and still does.
Incidentally,Julian was the only person I ever knew who got a Pistol Permit for personal protection, as he frequently carried gold bullion and precious stones. Nobody ever tried to rob him, and he got rid of the pistol when his girlfriend tried to shoot him with it after he "wandered" a bit with another woman. She missed him and put a bullet through the windscreen of his car..That was the end of that relationship.
I agree...calling Chuckie an actor was a bit of a stretch.

Ted Hoppe
12-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Putting Chuck Norris in perspective.

The man got his butt kicked by Bruce Lee. Only after Lees death did his career get better. I suspect that the Actor John Saxon was too busy for second film with Lee.)

The man wears make up professionally despite his numerous poorly done face lifts.

Even in his own infomercial, it is only the lovely Christy Brinkley worth watching in slow motion workout. (besides the multimaster commercial - I stop to watch her every time, a safe guilty pleasure!) Norris is unwatchable even beside the former super model.

perldog007
12-18-2009, 06:09 PM
It was 30-odd years ago.

Lucky that's not a conservative viewpoint, or my good friend and colleague ljb5 would call you a liar for stating something that happened decades ago that can't be verified by google. :D:D

Too bad your friend didn't get famous from that in the way that Chuck did from his career. I think much of his cult following is due to a distinct lack of acting ability, and yes he is a hero here and abroad.

He's not my hero, but I admire him even if I disagree with some of his politics.

I am very pleased that your pal was able to beat up a drunk, quite a feather that the drunk was Chuck Norris.

stevebaby
12-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Lucky that's not a conservative viewpoint, or my good friend and colleague ljb5 would call you a liar for stating something that happened decades ago that can't be verified by google. :D:D

Too bad your friend didn't get famous from that in the way that Chuck did from his career. I think much of his cult following is due to a distinct lack of acting ability, and yes he is a hero here and abroad.

He's not my hero, but I admire him even if I disagree with some of his politics.

I am very pleased that your pal was able to beat up a drunk, quite a feather that the drunk was Chuck Norris.Julian wasn't the type to seek publicity and didn't much care for either martial arts movies or actors. I doubt he even knew much about Chuck Norris until the investigating cops told him.
Drunks shouldn't start fights...especially with heavyweight boxers from London's East End.

ishmael
12-18-2009, 06:21 PM
"The man got his butt kicked by Bruce Lee."

Who didn't?

Ted Hoppe
12-18-2009, 06:25 PM
The Green Hornet!

perldog007
12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Julian wasn't the type to seek publicity and didn't much care for either martial arts movies or actors. I doubt he even knew much about Chuck Norris until the investigating cops told him.
Drunks shouldn't start fights...especially with heavyweight boxers from London's East End.

I got really lucky at the other end of that spectrum once. A young man got in my face and told me he was Marvis Frazer when I asked to see his room key at the elevator entrance to the hotel tower at Trump Plaza Circa 87. It was standard procedure and the hotel always had a guard there to check room keys.

I stood my ground and told the guy I was a state champion wrestler and he was standing in my office ( a lie, a guy broke my hand in practice who won the state once....) I was certain that I was dealing with a poseur.

Marvis was at the hotel and fighting soon, I assumed he would be walking with an entourage, even Johnny Navarro had one.

The youngster glared at me then pulled out a room key, I smiled and said thanks then let the man pass.

My supervisor ran over practically wetting his pants, unusual for the cynical retired philly cop. When he asked me what "Mr. Frazer" wanted I nearly vomited and was badly shaken to think that hubris had brought me that close to being punched out by a pro boxer.

I would have to say that I find the incident believable and it might be part of the reason that the Chuckster seems to include alcohol in his 'zero tolerance' policy on his tv and movie sets.

Chuck is a pretty strict conservative from what i read of his editorials and such. I disagree with those who think a pure free market solution will bring reasonable health care to more people or who think health care should not be a basic right.

I hesitate to degrade anybody for holding that view and don't find one arse kicking while drunk to be any sort of a chink in Mr. Norris' armor. Especially if his opponent was a heavyweight boxer.

paladin
12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
John Saxon was apparently damned good at martial arts. One of my former instructors at Tae Kwon Do trained with Bruce Lee for an unspecified length of time to learn his moves. I learned just enough to be dangerous to myself.