PDA

View Full Version : I was this close....

ljb5
12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
...to accusing the crazy lady next door of stealing my shoes.

She was standing outside, smoking a cigarette, wearing the same damn shoes I've been looking for since yesterday.

She introduced herself, seemed crazy, wanted to talk about the police. I'm standing there nodding and trying to be pleasant, but just starting at those damn shoes.

Then I went inside and found mine behind the laundry basket. :)

I'm sure glad I didn't say anything... but why was she wearing men's Allen Edmonds with sweatpants?

Ian McColgin
12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Either she has large feet you you have small. Or, since we can assume that ljb5 has good taste in shoes, she just plain likes quality.

Or perhaps she was erster in drag . . .

Kaa
12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
If you're just darting outside for a smoke, it's convenient to step into too-large shoes and use them as clogs, basically...

Kaa

huisjen
12-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Cold out today. I'd hate to be a cigarette addict standing out in this. Gusty too. I lit the barrel stove in the shop and got a few good gusts down the stove pipe. So I got some smoking done inside.

I wore worn out crocs.

Dan

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-17-2009, 03:46 PM
That's why I live in the country. There are only four houses on my road, and that's three two many.

seanz
12-17-2009, 03:52 PM
... .
I'm sure glad I didn't say anything... but why was she wearing men's Allen Edmonds with sweatpants?

You're just lucky she was wearing pants..........

Paul Pless
12-17-2009, 04:22 PM
seemed crazy, wanted to talk about the policeshe had probably been thinking of calling the police because she had seen you wearing her shoes :D

Paul Pless
12-17-2009, 04:29 PM
That's why I live in the country.

You're just lucky she was wearing pants..........

That's why I live in the country. I can walk outside with no pants on anytime I want, often to pee. 'Course its a little cold for that right now...

brad9798
12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
You live close enough to your neighbor to clearly see her shoes when she is outside?

Dorm? Apartment? Shelter?

Rowhome? Townhouse?

:)

seanz
12-17-2009, 08:22 PM
All it takes is a pair of binoculars or a telescope in the front room.......:)

ljb5
12-17-2009, 08:33 PM
You live close enough to your neighbor to clearly see her shoes when she is outside?

As I clearly explained in the fist post, I was standing next to her and talking to her.

You knew that, of course, but you were just looking for an argument, weren't you?

Paul Girouard
12-17-2009, 08:36 PM
As I clearly explained in the fist post,

I was standing next to her and talking to her.

Kind of aggressive to has a "fist post" at the ready, maybe she thinks your crazy as well !

ljb5
12-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Kind of aggressive to has a "fist post" at the ready, maybe she thinks your crazy as well !

Maybe you're crazy for using the wrong words. :D

Paul Girouard
12-17-2009, 08:49 PM

Dagnab it!! You're right !!:D

brad9798
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
I typically don't stand that close to my neighbors that I may suspect have stolen my shoes ...

I am just curious of the physical arrangement ...

Like I originally asked:

Rowhome? Townhouse?

Seems like you do NOT live in a seperate physical residence ... that's all.

I'm not looking for a fight ... but even on NON-political threads, you STILL cannot answer the most basic of questions!

What is wrong with you?

All you seem to be able to do is deflect ... and answer questions with questions.

Again:

Rowhome? Townhouse?

Answer my question, or simply shut up and (continue to try to) hide in your anonymity! :rolleyes:

:D

ljb5
12-17-2009, 09:13 PM
I typically don't stand that close to my neighbors that I may suspect have stolen my shoes ...

Obviously, I couldn't have suspected her of stealing my shoes until I was close enough to see them. Stupid. :rolleyes:

I'm not looking for a fight ... but even on NON-political threads, you STILL cannot answer the most basic of questions!

Your questions are stupid. I'm under no obligation to answer your questions on demand.

Answer my question, or simply shut up and (continue to try to) hide in your anonymity! :rolleyes:

You have no authority to make such a demand. :rolleyes:

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-17-2009, 09:16 PM
That's why I live in the country. I can walk outside with no pants on anytime I want, often to pee. 'Course its a little cold for that right now...

IT'S TRUE

peeing outside is one of the greatest things about living in the country!!!:D:D

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-17-2009, 09:17 PM

Yes, yes, and last time you did that, remember you wandered off, and the nice policeman brought you back, then you went to the country club for a few weeks? Member?:p:D:D

perldog007
12-17-2009, 09:24 PM
I no longer smoke. I walk outside wearing a burmese style sarong and t-shirt to do cut, thrust, and parry drills with my 1917 pattern cutlass. That keeps people from wanting to do anything at my shanty, let alone talk to me. Yessir, they move right along.

I never have to worry about my shoes being stolen either. Cold Steel sells the sword and sarongs, but it's easy enough to make your sarong out of gingham check homespun, one hem, one seam - done.

Preliminary testing tends to indicate that my routine is even more effective than one of those "Brinks" signs in the yard.

brad9798
12-17-2009, 09:27 PM
So lj, now you are name-calling ... and still not answering questions about a thread that YOU started.

Typical lj ...

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

It's okay, son, we all know you run away when put on the spot!

I've never 'met' someone so opinionated and blind ... yet so trepid and secretive as you!

I am embarassed for you. :(

Keep hiding ... keep being anonymous.

We ALL know that you are nothing but a boisterous shadow around here!

ALL of us, believe me!

No need to respond ... only respond if you are weak.

And I mean that!

A strong person will not respond to this post about said (strong) person! :D

I mean it ... if you are strong, do not respond!

DON'T do it!

Have a good night in your fantasy world of neighbors stealing shoes ... do you realize how silly you sound?

DON'T respond ... do not do it!

:D

Pugwash
12-17-2009, 09:34 PM
You have no authority to make such a demand. :rolleyes:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_21V966hyP-A/SNxhg_iGVZI/AAAAAAAAD0Y/pbCEM4tbfnM/s400/south-park-you-will-respect-my-authority-3700212.jpg

Concordia...41
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM

See that's another one of those fundamental differences. And I'm not talking anatomy. ;)

You-know-who will walk right past a functional bathroom, down two steps and through the garage to go pee in the yard :confused:

I can kindof get it if you're outside working, but to walk past a perfectly good indoor bathroom (that I paid extra for I might add) and go outside. :confused::confused:

The neighbors know what he's doing because when I catch him I yell out the window "We have indoor plumbing you know!" :D

Sorry for the thread drift lbj, but it was pretty much on a slide already.

Vince Brennan
12-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Jerome Harold Kumshaw! Between Brad and EllJay we have enuf to start a small psychiatric facility! Add in Tyler and we may even have critical mass!

Incidentally, EllJay, she was probably preparing to walk a mile in .... ahhh, whassause?

ljb5
12-17-2009, 09:42 PM

That's okay.

This day has been pretty weird. First, there was that incident with my neighbor...

...and now a creepy, old, ex-drug addict, ex-alcoholic on the internet is demanding to know where I live.

Do not respond, Brad!

perldog007
12-17-2009, 09:44 PM
See that's another one of those fundamental differences. And I'm not talking anatomy. ;)

You-know-who will walk right past a functional bathroom, down two steps and through the garage to go pee in the yard :confused:

I can kindof get it if you're outside working, but to walk past a perfectly good indoor bathroom (that I paid extra for I might add) and go outside. :confused::confused:

The neighbors know what he's doing because when I catch him I yell out the window "We have indoor plumbing you know!" :D

It's a green thing, think of every person who does that and all that water that's not being flushed.

perldog007
12-17-2009, 09:46 PM
That's okay.

This day has been pretty weird. First, there was that incident with my neighbor...

...and now a creepy, old, ex-drug addict, ex-alcoholic on the internet is demanding to know where I live.

Do not respond, Brad!

He's just like bobbys, jealous of our special relationship. Pay him no mind.

Hwyl
12-17-2009, 09:48 PM
, but just starting at those damn shoes.

Hoisted by your own petard.

Maybe you should try walking a mile in his shoes.

ljb5
12-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Hoisted by your own petard.

And you, by yours. (http://woodenboat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2424639&postcount=13) :D

It's almost as if no one is immune from minor typos!

Hwyl
12-17-2009, 10:22 PM
too shay