PDA

View Full Version : I would like to appologise to the bilge...

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 03:25 PM
I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted it and as someone has pointed out to me (personally) it WAS baiting...no excuse for that at all beyond to say that I wasn't paying attention or I wouldn't have done it.

I did do it, however, and therefore I was wrong...I am sorry

let the other guy alone...

Phillip Allen

perldog007
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Unfortunately, I know exactly where you are coming from. :o

Paul Pless
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
let the other guy alone...I doubt he can help himself apologies go further when they contain no barbs

Tom Wilkinson
let the other guy alone...I doubt he can help himself and because I know that, it makes me doubly wrong

Phillip Allen

and adding that line makes it better?

botebum
I miss everything:(

Doug

huisjen
...I doubt he can help himself...

Throwing in a little dig now doesn't help.

Dan

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 03:32 PM
:confused: What is the apology for/in reference to what?

you don't want to know...it was unseemly

Lew Barrett
12-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Phillip you need to take a Bilge break. A few weeks of self imposed exile should help you a good deal. Avoid spending too much time down here fighting with dragons. We all do it (take breaks), and you will feel and write better for it.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Throwing in a little dig now doesn't help.

Dan

yes, I know it looks like a dig...I thought about that but I also believe it is true and wanted to somehow communicate that so others would understand...beneath the bluster and posturing he's a good guy...I just wanted to remind myself and others of that truth...couldn't think of another way

botebum
12-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Well yeah there is that:D

Doug

Hwyl
12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Do the decent thing Phillip. Joe got banned for 7 days, ban yourself for 7 days.

John of Phoenix
12-14-2009, 04:16 PM
WTF good is apologizing to the bilge?
An apology with an insult at that.

perldog007
12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
In the case of Joe I think it's fair to say he lives by the sword when it comes to insults and flame wars. Not like Joe never posted a troll thread. At least Phil isn't bragging about Joe's ban like Joe did with TD.

Boating, that's serious life and death stuff. This is a forum. A nice one, but just a place to chat. YMMV

LeeG
12-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I missed it but I forgive you and further transgressions for the next 24hrs. After that all bets are off.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I missed it but I forgive you and further transgressions for the next 24hrs. After that all bets are off.

I missed you too sweetie (just testing the 24 hour thing... :)

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 04:51 PM
In the case of Joe I think it's fair to say he lives by the sword when it comes to insults and flame wars. Not like Joe never posted a troll thread. At least Phil isn't bragging about Joe's ban like Joe did with TD.

Boating, that's serious life and death stuff. This is a forum. A nice one, but just a place to chat. YMMV

I figured out long ago that this forum practices a double standard...I can live with it but folks shouldn't cry about getting hit in the shins with their own schtick

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 04:53 PM
anyway...I was unaware that anyone got banned...I musta missed something myself

elf
12-14-2009, 05:01 PM

Doug

No Wi-fi on the plane, Doug?

Hope you're OK on this trip, incidentally.

Glen Longino
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM

Doug

Cuz yer "clumsy"!:rolleyes::)
How are you holding up to sitting all these hours?
Is there a place you can lie down?

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Joe was hardly posting at all and you went after him with a thread. That alone should get you banned, as I understand the Forum rules.

No matter what Joe's done, this apology is about what you did. If you want to apologize so bad, why don't you apologize to Joe himself with a thread called something like "Joe, I was Wrong and I'm Sorry" and take it from there.

That would take some courage and self-effacement, IMHO, instead of this gratuitous poor-me crap.

go back to that thread and read it for content this time...

Glen Longino
12-14-2009, 05:11 PM
go back to that thread and read it for content this time...

So, is this thread not really an apology but rather just another soap-box?
Looks like it to me.

Chris Coose
12-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted it and as someone has pointed out to me (personally) it WAS baiting...no excuse for that at all beyond to say that I wasn't paying attention or I wouldn't have done it.

let the other guy alone...I doubt he can help himself and because I know that, it makes me doubly wrong

Phillip Allen

If it was necessary that someone had to point out to you AND you add further bait in the same post, I would submit that not thinking clearly and lack of attention is a way of life and you might want to enlist an editor, considering your frequency of posting here.

pefjr
12-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Boating, that's serious life and death stuff. This is a forum. A nice one, but just a place to chat. YMMVThe bilge is a political forum and to the majority left and radicals, Joe can do no wrong. They see no faults and you can't show them any. They will defend Joe to the death. Phillip is center and must stand on his own and defend himself against all these lefties. That will make him stronger and the strong shall survive. Natural law of the bilge.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:17 PM
If it was necessary that someone had to point out to you AND you add further bait in the same post, I would submit that not thinking clearly and lack of attention is a way of life and you might want to enlist an editor, considering your frequency of posting here.

can you name the baiting part please...it's pretty subtle

let me help...for ME to start a thread with Joe's name in it, is baiting...everything else is incidental

Upnorth1
12-14-2009, 05:18 PM
So, is this thread not really an apology but rather just another soap-box?
Looks like it to me.

Bingo!

The post that started it was rude, and not in response to anything Joe said/did. Joe's been kind of busy lately and the post was immature and uncalled for. The apology isn't very good either. Joe's the one who should be apologized to, here, on the forum.

Chris Coose
12-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Phillip, If you said to me "I doubt if he can help himself" in reference to me, I would take that as an insult and anything but subtle but I won't belabor this any further as I see you are near sound asleep.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I have Joe'e best interests in mind...

anyway, at this point, his problems are self-inflicted as far as this forum goes...

I'm beginning to think I'm being trolled for the purpose of my getting banned

some folks just aren't comfortable in their own (rhino) skin...I can't fix that but I'll try to leave him alone in the future

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Phillip, If you said to me "I doubt if he can help himself" in reference to me, I would take that as an insult and anything but subtle but I won't belabor this any further as I see you are near sound asleep.

if it's true, it's not insult...I believe it to be true
HOWEVER, thank you for that post...I think you're wrong but I can't fix that

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:27 PM

on reflection, Chris, I'll go back and edit that part out...true or not, it's doesn't help things

it's done...

seanz
12-14-2009, 05:32 PM
his problems are self-inflicted as far as this forum goes...

Not entirely.......some people are very willing to help.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Not entirely.......some people are very willing to help.

have you kept up with how he has treated others? ...start with Karen Gresham
and when he runs them off or gets them banned he whoops and hollers and crows about how he did it...I call that self-inflicted

seanz
12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
I keep up but I try not to keep score.

I stand by 'not entirely'.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:52 PM
ah, alright then...

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:54 PM
haven't we got anything more interesting to talk about?

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 05:55 PM
put up some of his vedios...he does good vedios

Mrleft8
12-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Phillip..... I don't think this thread does anyone any good. A backhanded apology is merely an insult, and I'm pretty certain that you don't want to insult most of us.

S/V Laura Ellen
12-14-2009, 06:17 PM
put up some of his vedios...he does good vedios

What the f is a vedio?

Phillip do yourself a favour and deep six this thread, it's an embarrassment (to you mostly, and the rest of us by association).

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Phillip..... I don't think this thread does anyone any good. A backhanded apology is merely an insult, and I'm pretty certain that you don't want to insult most of us.

what do you want ME to do? there are people here who want to write my appology for me and have me sign it in my own blood...I'm beginning to get annoyed...and I'd rather not be

I went back and edited my opening post in the manner Chris dictated...now what?

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 06:29 PM
What the f is a vedio?

Phillip do yourself a favour and deep six this thread, it's an embarrassment (to you mostly, and the rest of us by association).

I spelled it the other way around last time and was told it was wrong...

Ron Williamson
12-14-2009, 06:32 PM
V I D E O
Jus' sayin'
R

perldog007
12-14-2009, 06:32 PM
What the f is a vedio?

It's a video, and a typo. Apparently we are surrounded by mortals. Again.

That's an opinion. I see a guy that apologized to the group while taking a swipe at his nemesis. He got called on that so he apologized again and edited the objectionable part of the apology out.

From my bias and admittedly limited perspective, it looks like Bud ( pefjr ) is about a zillion percent right.

Joe did his share of trolling, difference being is that he would gloat and brag after getting somebody banned.

Personally I like Joe. He has a nice blog, neat videos, cool boat, landed on his feet with the Deli Deal. Hell, I'd wash dishes for him if he got stuck and I was walking by.

He is opinionated and passionate about his views. From my limited dealings with him in the threads he likes to confront, insult, and attack first, ask questions later. I just can't feel sorry for him getting beat at his own game.

Do any of the folks criticizing Phillip at this point in time feel that Joe contributed to the situation at all? Just curious.

S/V Laura Ellen
12-14-2009, 06:33 PM
what do you want ME to do? there are people here who want to write my appology for me and have me sign it in my own blood...I'm beginning to get annoyed...and I'd rather not be

I went back and edited my opening post in the manner Chris dictated...now what?

There is no point in apologizing if you don't mean it. Obviously you don't mean it, so don't bother.

perldog007
12-14-2009, 06:38 PM
There is no point in apologizing if you don't mean it. Obviously you don't mean it, so don't bother.

Quite a burden it must be to see into the thoughts of others with that kind of clarity.

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 06:39 PM

just WHAT gives you the right to tell me what I mean? I meant it and now someone is invalidating me by telling me my motives are not what I think they are...gosh, thanks

perldog007
12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Phillip, I think you are being trolled by some here. For whatever reason they appear to feel like it's okay for Joe to attack others but unfair for anybody to attack Joe. Try not to let them get you riled. That appears to be the game at this point. Just sayin......

Phillip Allen
12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
there are likely some private communications not seen here...I detect Joe surrogates

oh well...I guess I'll go read a book for a while

bobbys
12-14-2009, 06:46 PM

let the other guy alone...

Phillip Allen.

I give you a B plus on your apologize.

I wouda given you an A but i had trouble dancing to it.

But that may just be my fault, I gotts 2 left feet!

switters
12-14-2009, 06:48 PM
wow Phillip, with this kind of response you might as well started a thread with the title "ef you Joe" but spell it it out nice and clear. Or maybe a lot of people posting have no idea what Joe did and are just taking it out on you because he got banned. Either way, you are making yourself into a pinata (calling milo) and either you like it or you move on and let this sucker drop down the page.

regards,

pefjr
12-14-2009, 06:51 PM
there are likely some private communications not seen here...I detect Joe surrogates

oh well...I guess I'll go read a book for a whileYou can bet he is crying the blues to anyone that will listen.:D

perldog007
12-14-2009, 06:53 PM

I give you a B plus on your apologize.

I wouda given you an A but i had trouble dancing to it.

But that may just be my fault, I gotts 2 left feet!

Easy fella, the cool kids have already determined that he doesn't mean it. Sure you wanna go out on a limb like that? Are you trying to steal my stalker again? :p:p;):D

Yeadon
12-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Two pages for the least interesting thread of all time. On we go.

S/V Laura Ellen
12-14-2009, 06:54 PM
just WHAT gives you the right to tell me what I mean? I meant it and now someone is invalidating me by telling me my motives are not what I think they are...gosh, thanks

I'll take you you on your word Phillip. I hope you can see how I arrived at my erroneous conclusion that the apology was insincere. Please accept my apologies for misjudging your intentions.

perldog007
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
You can bet he is crying the blues to anyone that will listen.:D

I think he Phillip should take a break for a few minutes. My donkey is fresh, my broomstick in good shape, and I am hungry for windmills. I'll be happy to debate with this one sided crowd for a few minutes while Phillip gets himself a coffee.

mmd
12-14-2009, 06:57 PM
I am reminded of the old adage to "Keep your words soft and sweet because you never know when you might have to eat them..."

johnw
12-14-2009, 06:58 PM

That's exactly what Phillip is doing here, only he's doing it in a way that won't get him banned, having seen what happened when Joe bragged about baiting Mark and getting him banned.

Man, I get tired of this stuff. It just isn't that hard to get along well enough not to get banned. Some people just like to see the forum burn.

perldog007
12-14-2009, 07:05 PM
That's exactly what Phillip is doing here, only he's doing it in a way that won't get him banned, having seen what happened when Joe bragged about baiting Mark and getting him banned.

Man, I get tired of this stuff. It just isn't that hard to get along well enough not to get banned. Some people just like to see the forum burn.

That's an interesting take I had not considered.

perldog007
12-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I am reminded of the old adage to "Keep your words soft and sweet because you never know when you might have to eat them..."

Probably really good advice for me at this point. I have a bias here, my first meeting with Joe was not very civil. I endeavored to remain so, but civility is not a big deal for Joe at times it seems.

My perception here is that one political faction is ignoring Joe's faults and attacking Phillip because he was left standing in this silly mess. But that's just my take.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-14-2009, 07:15 PM
I just wanted to apologize too. I'm very very sorry. I mean that.

johnw
12-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Probably really good advice for me at this point. I have a bias here, my first meeting with Joe was not very civil. I endeavored to remain so, but civility is not a big deal for Joe at times it seems.

My perception here is that one political faction is ignoring Joe's faults and attacking Phillip because he was left standing in this silly mess. But that's just my take.
I don't get why Joe takes off on people. Phillip, you know I like you, but you do have a way of provoking Joe, and I suspect you rather enjoy it.

Sometimes when you're doing the moral equivalent of 'Phiillip's touching me' and 'Joe started it' I feel like telling you to be quiet or I'll turn the forum around and take you right back home.

Paul Pless
12-14-2009, 07:41 PM
My perception here is that one political faction is ignoring Joe's faults and attacking Phillip because he was left standing in this silly mess. But that's just my take.you should stick around a while, maybe 'things' will become more clear.... maybe

perldog007
12-14-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't get why Joe takes off on people. Phillip, you know I like you, but you do have a way of provoking Joe, and I suspect you rather enjoy it.

Sometimes when you're doing the moral equivalent of 'Phiillip's touching me' and 'Joe started it' I feel like telling you to be quiet or I'll turn the forum around and take you right back home.

For me it's more a puzzlement of what people get out of being condescending and outright insulting. Intelligent people, no less.

perldog007
12-14-2009, 07:45 PM
you should stick around a while, maybe 'things' will become more clear.... maybe

Many more days like yesterday and I won't be around. But I am prepared to keep an open mind.

Michael D. Storey
12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Try to remember: It's only a Movie

Glen Longino
12-14-2009, 07:48 PM
"Intelligent people, no less."

Where? Who?
Did I miss something again?
Dangit!;)

pefjr
12-14-2009, 07:54 PM
you should stick around a while, maybe 'things' will become more clear.... maybeIn the year I have as a reference I have seen Joe take off on others in the most rude way possible and even he admits it and does not care. I have seen this many times. I have not seen Phillip be this way. That is very clear to me.

Wild Dingo
12-14-2009, 07:56 PM
thanks Phillip apology accepted :cool:

I think sometimes people need to consider something... Phillip did NOT need to do this there is no requirement that says he does but he has I think that given he has and has gone back and deleted the part of the original post that some found contained a barb so it didnt shows a level of sincerity.

That he chooses to apologize to the forum as a whole rather than to Joe is a matter for him to determine, but that the thread in question seems to have become a total mess, a thread that I joined in on by the way that I believed was a fun thread without any anamosity contained in the lead or in the comments until Joe arrived, seems to me that the best he an do as a member of this forum is apolgize to the forum as a whole to those that were involved or had read it.

I know as do many others that Joe has had Phillip on block now for many months taunting and baiting him with his own version of "this user is blocked" or however it is written :rolleyes: then laughing on any and all threads where Phillip may write... I also know personally that Phillip has offered the hand of friendship to Joe several times only to be rejected out of hand by Joe.

I think both have their issues but at the least one should accept an apology when given with grace and dignity sadly seems that here thats lacking in many

Joe got banned again... nothing unusual there its almost as though at times Joe feels he can say or do whatever he likes without care or regard for others... and rarely is it seen that he apologizes for anything he says or does here... some people here should by now realize that if your going to run of at the fingers throwing insults and using foul language then you are going to get banned that is a good thing! some need to find a little control of their emotions on here and curb the language... yes I swear like a trooper at times my oath I do! but its about gaining self control and this is one place its made clear to do just that... "be nice" some just cant help themselves or think theyre above it by virtue of popularity thankfully the gnome has no bias and shows that by banning someone who uses it here.

Phillip has apologized thats a sign of a good man but to then change it so it causes no offence due to other peoples view of what could be seen by them or others as a barb shows a person with a belief in doing whats right... in my book Phillip your a good man... say thanks and move on what the hell is wrong with you people? :rolleyes: man this ****e seems to be all over the place at the moment :mad:

And yeah Ive taken Joe to task baited goaded and generally run amok teasin the hell out of him... and yes Ive done it to Phillip on occasion... but I still love both of them... different as chalk and cheese but both good blokes with hearts of gold

I think saying Phillip should apologize to Joe by making another thread with a title like "I apologize to Joe (Cold Spring on Hudson) would be tantamount to waving a red flag at a bull dont you?... Joe would dispariage it in a heart beat! and acceptance of the apology given ignored out of hand... hard headed attitude does that sometimes... So what would be the point in Phillip doing such? a waste of time and effort for no matter how sincere Phillip was with his apology it would be thrown in his face by Joe and I dont doubt others... sort of like this one I think.

Acceptance people... sometimes is best to quietly accept things for what they are... an apology given to the forum as a whole? accepted for just that an apology.

Man theres some serious bad mojo goin around just now :rolleyes:

perldog007
12-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Based on my experience yesterday I have to say it's something in the air.

Paul Pless
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
In the year I have as a reference I have seen Joe take off on others in the most rude way possible and even he admits it and does not care. I have seen this many times. I have not seen Phillip be this way. That is very clear to me.That's not really what I was referring to; I was replying to the point that those that are 'taking joe's side' are of a certain political slant

perldog007
12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
That's not really what I was referring to; I was replying to the point that those that are 'taking joe's side' are of a certain political slant

And I have to cop to that being a n00b perspective. Haven't been here long enough to be sure on that score.

Paul Pless
12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
And I have to cop to that being a n00b perspective. but dude... you're a senior member here:p

johnw
12-14-2009, 08:26 PM
In the year I have as a reference I have seen Joe take off on others in the most rude way possible and even he admits it and does not care. I have seen this many times. I have not seen Phillip be this way. That is very clear to me.
Joe keeps getting banned, and he keeps going off on people. One of the great mysteries of our time is people who display resistance to learning. Funny thing is, most people don't see him as a bad guy at heart, he just won't restrain himself when he feels irritated and there are some who like to watch him self-destruct. Same problem Mark has, but with better social skills. Maybe that's why those two hate each other so much.

Wild Dingo
12-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Paul are you serious? I find it incredible that any of you mob can base whos on whos side by their particular political standing? Seriously thats bloody incredible!

Supporting or standing beside any particular person should be due to what you believe is right not their or your political stance surely?

Maybe its different over there but I know that I saw people of different political stance getting along perfectly fine while I was there

And I have to cop to that being a n00b perspective. Haven't been here long enough to be sure on that score.

Peridog mate as a noobie as you term yourself I just want to say one thing... just accept people for what the do and say not their political affiliations or beliefs... people are people with all that implies and theres surely enough in that alone without trying to accept or reject a potential friend based on their or your political affiliations! People are people and here we have a wide smorgasborg of people from all over with varying cultural political religious and other bias's dont restrict yourself to a single line of "friends" based on such a thin line as their political beliefs.

Thats an incredible way to make friends and influence people... or just a very narrow band of friends :rolleyes:

Glen Longino
12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Since I've never met Joe, It seemed to me that his outburst at me was most likely because of the political views I expressed. While I don't like lots of censorship or banning of membership, and don't know exactly what comment finally broke the camel's back, I certainly agree that Joe had it coming. And I did find that those on Joe's end of the political spectrum seemed to ignore Joe's harassment of those of us on the other end. I'm fine with the banning and hope Joe moves on to somewhere else or returns with a more civil attitude towards the rest of us.

When Joe gets back he'll turn you into "Little Woodless".;)

Paul Pless
12-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Paul are you serious? I find it incredible that any of you mob can base whos on whos side by their particular political standing? Seriously thats bloody incredible!

I didn't say that, perldog did and others here have alluded to that.

Besides that its generally not true... I'm a righteous upstanding conservative and Joe, well he's pretty much a pinko; and he and I get along fabulously.

Nanoose
12-14-2009, 08:44 PM
... and he and I get along fabulously.

Gotta be the beer. ;)

brad9798
12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
I like Joe ... but Joe seems lost ... angry ... and vengeful (in that his ego is bigger than the Twin Towers used to be).

His Rhino (r) skin disappeared long ago ...

But Joe is a fighter ... his love for his daughter ought to be MUCH respected around here!

I believe him to be a good, genuine person that sometimes gets caught up in the phony, POS, arrogant, New York attitude.

God knows I've had my issues over the years, and I know it.

Joe needs to address some things ... like I HAD to address not too long ago ... plain and simple!

NONE of us are perfect.

As for Phillip ... he, too, is a good man, me thinks.

Joe was on him like a rabid dog for quite a while ... making fun of his being from Arkansas, etc.

Now, folks get upset when Phillip pushes back a bit? Sorry ... not gonna cut it! :rolleyes:

Sure, Phillip has gone after Joe too much of late ... and Phillip knows this.

Bottom line is that you both want the same out of life ... some security, family, friends, happiness.

Now BOTH of you clowns cut it out!

Unlike lj and me, you guys actually could get along!!!

:D

perldog007
12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Peridog mate as a noobie as you term yourself I just want to say one thing... just accept people for what the do and say not their political affiliations or beliefs... people are people with all that implies and theres surely enough in that alone without trying to accept or reject a potential friend based on their or your political affiliations! People are people and here we have a wide smorgasborg of people from all over with varying cultural political religious and other bias's dont restrict yourself to a single line of "friends" based on such a thin line as their political beliefs.

Thats an incredible way to make friends and influence people... or just a very narrow band of friends :rolleyes:

Actually, I find some folks on here whom I disagree with on various views who are intelligent and thoughtful in debate. Have even warped my views on some things.

The folks who like to attack others personally, including those who hold views I agree with ( which is really almost everyone, very few people can't find some common ground ) are the ones I have a problem with.

I've no beef with Joe's beliefs, and in fact believe that our society requires diversity of thought for optimum health. I object to the way he relates to others, and find myself at odds with the tendency to insult out of hand that which folks disagree with.

Too many here have insulted my intellect, integrity, literacy, and sanity without even knowing me, at times based on entirely false assumptions.

In my circle of friends one would find just about every persuasion except a few that I have been accused of belonging to here.

I am glad that people disagree with me, otherwise the world gets pretty boring pretty fast. It saddens me that some have to attack me personally for those beliefs.

Wild Dingo
12-14-2009, 08:52 PM
:cool: no worries Paul I think my eyes must of went all wonky for a sec there but theyre back in place now so its all good!!... lobsta anyone?? :D

But to take it on a bit of a tangent... its the forum way so no apology required :p ...seems that some look upon things in that some have a very narrow acceptance area to work within when making friends... they may like someone over a bit of time even consider them friends but seems when they learn of that "friends" political affiliations THAT determines if the friend stays a friend or is outcast

Clearly if this is so then they have a very narrow field of friends... truely its like some have this hate thing going on with old SamF and one of the Toms cant remember which on it was but its all based on their particular religious viewpoint... some dont like them total simply because of that different belief I find that incredible! Seriously... what someone believes in religion wise should NOT in any way affect them being your or anyones friend!... same with the political thing.

Siding with anyone in any particular situation should be based on your own perception of that persons actions deeds and words not on their belief system weather political religious or anything else!! Man thats just crazy as hell and plain stupid... in my book

Irish, Jew, Catholic, Baptist, Zionist, Calvanist, Hell any number of them!! Liberal Democrat Labor Free mason whatever!! People are just people... different but its the differences that make people who they are and so bloody interesting! Im glad I dont attest to that form of making friends Im pretty rapt to have friends from all walks of life all religions and all political opions and dont argue with any of them!!
Jew Catholic whatever liberal national democrat whatever are okay in my book

cross me it might be a different story but even that goes across the board no bias no discrimination just people

pefjr
12-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Tolerance is needed by all. The ones that are currently banned got banned because of a lack of tolerance.

StevenBauer
12-14-2009, 08:56 PM
I'd just like to say that I think Phillip Allen is the most disingenuous poster here in the bilge. I'd have him on ignore, too, if I trusted him enough.:eek:

Steven

paladin
12-14-2009, 09:22 PM
When the white man came here their creed was based on tolerance.....they speak of tolerance, but as is demonstrated here, it is the same now as it was then....anything is tolerated if it agrees with the view of whosoever is the ruling power at the moment.

Paul Pless
12-14-2009, 09:22 PM
I'd just like to say that I think Phillip Allen is the most disingenuous poster here in the bilge. I'd have him on ignore, too, if I trusted him enough.:eek:

Steveni think you're lying

perldog007
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Unlike lj and me, you guys actually could get along!!!

:D

I am an ljb5 fan. He sticks to his guns, but there's another one who seems to think it's okay to insult folks out of hand. I actually admire his tenacity. He called me a ditsy gasbag but I think he secretly digs me. ;)

But seriously, here is an example of a guy that obviously has some intelligence and education, but finds it acceptable to lash out with base personal attacks.

One of many here unfortunately.

Paul Pless
12-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I am an ljb5 fan. He sticks to his guns, but there's another one who seems to think it's okay to insult folks out of hand. I actually admire his tenacity. He called me a ditsy gasbag but I think he secretly digs me. ;)

But seriously, here is an example of a guy that obviously has some intelligence and education, but finds it acceptable to lash out with base personal attacks.

One of many here unfortunately.yeah... lj''s a trip; he always makes me laugh

Yeadon
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
When you've lost Steven Bauer, you've lost the bilge.

Mrleft8
12-14-2009, 09:53 PM
When you've lost Steven Bauer, you've lost the bilge.

Wait..... I thought Bruce Hooke was the conscience of the bilge....:confused:

seanz
12-14-2009, 09:59 PM

So, Phillip is being subtle and sophisticated? Golly Gosh! :eek:
;):)

I agree with you about it the fighting and the kissing and making up) being tiring, I post in the Bilge for a bit of a laugh and to shed some of the media overload (it works too:)), I'm not sure why it has to turn into Fightclub to keep some people happy.

hokiefan
12-14-2009, 10:02 PM

I agree with you about it the fighting and the kissing and making up) being tiring, I post in the Bilge for a bit of a laugh and to shed some of the media overload (it works too:)), I'm not sure why it has to turn into Fightclub to keep some people happy.

When turns into Fightclub I turn it off. Regardless of the players, they all become worthless children in my mind. Wish they'd go dig up someone else's flower garden, cause this is a pretty good place when people act like grownups.

Cheers,

Bobby

WX
12-14-2009, 10:14 PM
As I've said, attitude is often just an excuse for bad manners.
If you want to disagree with someone then fine, just don't get agro about it.

S/V Laura Ellen
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Wait..... I thought Bruce Hooke was the conscience of the bilge....:confused:

But Keith Wilson is the "voice of reason", I notice that he hasn't voiced his opinion. I wish I was more like Keith.

Mrleft8
12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
I wish I was more like Keith.
I bet Jo does too..... ;):eek::D

perldog007
12-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I admire Keith for the ability to focus on issues without feeling the need for personal rancor.

pcford
12-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Apologize to the bilge? Sorta like apologizing to a toilet, isn't it?

Yeadon
12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Even pcford cleans his toilet sometimes.

pcford
12-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Even pcford cleans his toilet sometimes.

And checks to see if all the screw slots are aligned.

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 12:35 AM
gad...this got outa hand...sorry

I had to get up again cause both shoulders ache enough to drive sleep away...

BrianW
12-15-2009, 12:49 AM
And checks to see if all the screw slots are aligned.

Not!

I recently learned, that in the PNW, that's an amateur move.

:)

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Not!

I recently learned, that in the PNW, that's an amateur move.

:)

Purdy and Sons would line up screw slots...

Paul Girouard
12-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Well it's about time you saw the egregious errors of your ways.

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Well it's about time you saw the egregious errors of your ways.

isn't that egregious thing some sort of US war ship?

Paul Girouard
12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
isn't that egregious thing some sort of US war ship?

You might want to buy a dictionary Phillip. ;) Or better yet find a on-line one.

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 09:15 AM
You might want to buy a dictionary Phillip. ;) Or better yet find a on-line one.

just a little humor Paul. I don't know about the rest of us but I could certainly use more of it...even marginal stuff :)

I finally got some sleep and feel much better today...it's a new day and I intend to be a good boy in it...

Paul Girouard
12-15-2009, 09:22 AM
just a little humor Paul. I don't know about the rest of us but I could certainly use more of it...even marginal stuff :)

So was my response , hence the winky smiley guy , maybe you ( like PC Ford I suspect ) have the smiles disabled?

it's a new day and I intend to be a good boy in it...

Yes it is, we shouldn't waste it!

BTW I'd have added the name of the class of ship IF I could have spelled it , Aegis class , or some such. Never was much on the small boy ship classifications / identity. There really just along of the ride , in a support role to the carriers anyway:D

Yes, that may be a airdale poke at a snipe!! Remember you're gonna be "a good boy" today , nice way to start eh!!:D

Hwyl
12-15-2009, 09:27 AM
oh well...I guess I'll go read a book for a while

I'd suggest a long book, stay away from here for a while

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Yes it is, we shouldn't waste it!

BTW I'd have added the name of the class of ship IF I could have spelled it , Aegis class , or some such. Never was much on the small boy ship classifications / identity. There really just along of the ride , in a support role to the carriers anyway:D

Yes, that may be a airdale poke at a snipe!! Remember you're gonna be "a good boy" today , nice way to start eh!!:D

ya wanna be careful gettin your airdale butt too close to snipe country on that carrier of yours... :)

remember those picket ships are there to throw themselves between the bad guys and your ship...think about it.

In a shootin war and without the "small stuff" you guys would be steppin and fetchin pretty quick...and then those little air planes will be all that left between you and some other little guy who's on the wrong side

(smarty pants...) :)

ishmael
12-15-2009, 09:37 AM
What is this in reference to? You want to be a bit careful apologizing too much. Being humble, willing to accept blame where blame is due is a good thing. Being a pushover isn't. It can be a fine line between the two.

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 09:44 AM
I think we've gotton past the appology, Jack...now it's just bs'ing

I managed to pick on Joe last night and was sorry for it later...I don't know if he got banned or not, at this point...anyway, I don't think I'm gonna get a Christmas card from him. It got out of hand and I really should have seen it comin but I didn't...I accept the blame for it...I should have known better...I DID know better!

does that answer your question?

Mrleft8
12-15-2009, 09:46 AM
The question remains however, why you insist on pouring salt into open wounds.

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 09:51 AM
The question remains however, why you insist on pouring salt into open wounds.

it's the meaness in me Doug...I keep the monster bagged up most of the time but every once in a while, he gets out

do you think I'm still doing it this morning?...the thread has gotton more pleasant...I could lock it though (it seems un neccessary...)

Hwyl
12-15-2009, 09:58 AM
You could delete it and go a while, in the meantime here's some music Ffa Coffi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pleeimSF0RQ)

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd hate to delete it Gareth...it feels like I'm taking back a well intended appology...no matter how awkward it turned out...it made me look foolish but I reckon I deserved it and I intend to accept it with as much grace as I can muster

Jim Ledger
12-15-2009, 10:02 AM
There's Gareth letting his monster out of its bag. Stuff that thing away, Gareth, we's playin' nice today.

Hwyl
12-15-2009, 10:04 AM
A Welsh band called Coffee Beans?

Bruce Taylor
it's the meaness in me Doug...

That's a straight answer! :)

Mrleft8
Yeah..... Gareth's a real tiger......Grrrr! (claw flex) :D

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 10:11 AM
let me say...for those still with this thread:

friends are important to me...I don't intend to waste a friendship (not even Joe's if I can find a way to fix it)....they are valuable
it does not matter if the politics don't jive...if the accent is wrong...no one is required to agree with me to be considered a friend...differing personalities add texture to life...

I am glad to have friends even if I shout at them from time to time...I'll still put em up in my best bedroom if they travel this way and be happy to be of help

Mrleft8
12-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Is the best bedroom the one with the sparrow's nest?

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Is the best bedroom the one with the sparrow's nest?

they were house wren's Doug and they were in my laundry, reloading, computer room where I'm sitting now

Jim Ledger
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Bump

This is nice.

johnw
12-15-2009, 01:22 PM

Yep, that's how I see him. It's clever, Phillip, the way you get your digs in on Joe, but is it wise?

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Yep, that's how I see him. It's clever, Phillip, the way you get your digs in on Joe, but is it wise?

no...it's not always wise

Popeye
12-15-2009, 02:15 PM
This is nice.

i'm all misty

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
i'm all misty

prolly just a pin-hole leak

Popeye
12-15-2009, 02:24 PM
i would like to appologise for the bilge

Jim Ledger
12-15-2009, 02:38 PM
If I wanted to apologize to Building and Repair, would I have to do it with a Bilge thread?

hokiefan
12-15-2009, 02:43 PM
If I wanted to apologize to Building and Repair, would I have to do it with a Bilge thread?

And on that note, when is class back in session? Some of us have oh so much to learn about building catboats.:D

Please, please....

Cheers,

Bobby

Jim Ledger
12-15-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry, Bobby.

Anybody else from B&R lurking down here?

Paul Pless
12-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Anybody else from B&R lurking down here?you have much to answer for...
don't you have a shop to sweep or something :p

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m193/searover1916/Maststep1.jpg

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
ya buggered one of the screws...

Jim Ledger
12-15-2009, 03:19 PM
there goes that ol' monster again.:rolleyes:

Phillip Allen
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
there goes that ol' monster again.:rolleyes:

I thought I was bein' quaintly humorus