PDA

View Full Version : One for the women

WX
12-10-2009, 10:34 PM
/**/ /**/ Washing dishes on the path to empathy Written by Mandy Nolan Thursday, 03 December 2009
In my household there seems to be this misconception that because my cervix dilated 10cm four times to release a series of brand new earthlings that this also means that I am also best suited to mindless chores. My enthusiastic breeding status has me relegated to washer woman, floor scrubber, toilet cleaner, bed maker, pan scrubber and dog vomit remover. The other day as I vacuumed around the children with a seven month old infant strapped to my chest I wondered how I’d managed to manifest this life of servitude. I was a slave to my mother and now I’m a slave to my kids.
When I beg them for help, one of them lifts their foot up slightly so I can get the vacuum head under it. The MySpace chat doesn’t miss a beat. When I was a kid, lazing around the house while my Mum did the housework was unthinkable. To be excused I would need to be in traction and covered in pox. I once had to be hospitalised for meningitis, but Mum made the ambulance wait until I’d made my bed and fed the chooks. We were the last generation of ‘non special’ babies, sent helmetless and sunscreenless into the world, with a vague expectation that we would return by dark. If not, we were soon replaced by a much younger genetic replica who was keen to get a fresh bunk.

http://www.tweedecho.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1748&Itemid=543

The Bigfella
12-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Damn penis envy again

purri
12-11-2009, 12:42 AM
BTW the pen....is mightier than the sword.

Bruce Hooke
12-11-2009, 12:44 AM
LOL!

In the end it does rather read as another adult complaining about how horrible children are today compared with when they were young! There seems to be something in human nature that causes us to forget what WE were really like when we were young! :D

Nanoose
12-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Whose fault is that!?! You think the kids are gonna jump up and help when you haven't taught them to or else?!!?? :eek: ;)
Sheesh....

BrianW
12-11-2009, 01:08 AM
Isn't that why women have smaller feet? So they can stand closer to the sink.

Why do women wear white wedding dresses?

So the dishwasher matches the stove and refrigerator.

(Probably need to start making wedding dresses that look like stainless steel these days)

PeterSibley
12-11-2009, 06:29 AM
I remember when I used to live in flats (apartments ) ,share houses ,the way to become accepted quickly was to say I don't like cooking but I do like washing up .I still wash up .

paladin
12-11-2009, 08:18 AM
Living aboard I always cleaned up immediately after doing a meal, and put all pots/pans/dishes away and secured.....
When I met Irina we got along just fine...and when I moved into the apartment in Odessa, her family came to visit......after dinner the family moved to the living room, while I helped her clear the table and do dishes......female members of the family were amazed...no Ukraine/Russian man would be caught dead in the kitchen.....then jaws dropped when Irina told them I didn't drink alcohol, and I even peeled potatoes for the meal......

Fitz
12-11-2009, 08:25 AM
What the heck is she complaining about? I do all of that and more, minus only the new earthling delivery part.

Times are a changing.

Anybody got any ideas on what to serve for dinner tonight??

Today is toilet cleaning day too.:eek:

Flying Orca
12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Oystagirl and I have a great deal: I cook and she does the dishes.

paladin
12-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I cook AND do the dishes.....and grocery shopping......feed the dawg...feed the kat, shop for their food too.....

WX
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Kerry cooks and I make the salad. I also do the washing and have been known from time to time to do the vacuuming.

Michael D. Storey
12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
It is not my intent to blame the victim, but it sounds like self-victimization.
You are what you put up with, here, maybe, which I say because I don't know you, I mean, you could be a 12 year old sitting in school with his lap top showing his friends how easy it is to get adults all in a lather.......
But until they nail your Birkenstocks to the floor in front of the sink and fill em with dookieschmutz, you can always, to use the immortal line from Road Warrior, 'Just walk away"
As in walk away from the sink, don't do all of those things that you don't like to.
Hey, I'm only a guy, I don't know nuthin

elf
12-11-2009, 08:10 PM
The author seems to have buttered her bread and be lying in it.

However, there is one hitch. If she's the only one in the house who thinks order and cleanliness are important, she's sh*t outta luck.

And she could have chosen to have fewer encumbrances.

BarnacleGrim
12-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Isn't that why women have smaller feet? So they can stand closer to the sink.

Why do women wear white wedding dresses?

So the dishwasher matches the stove and refrigerator.

(Probably need to start making wedding dresses that look like stainless steel these days)
No problem!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.luxist.com/media/2006/04/metallic-romona.jpg

WX
12-11-2009, 09:38 PM
If we know money doesn’t buy happiness, why are we optimizing for money?”
because it's how we measure success.