PDA

View Full Version : Boat on the Cover of Greg Rossel's Book

Lee WInce
07-27-2000, 07:05 PM
On the cover of Greg Rossel's latest book about building small boats is a really neat looking little boat. Anyone know what that boat is and are the plans or offsets available? Thanks.

Tom Jackson
07-31-2000, 07:26 AM
It's a Shew & Burnham whitehall. The same boat was featured in WB No. 24 in an article about fitting a whitehall with a centerboard. Plans are not available--Shew & Burnham built all of their boats straight off the lofting floor.

Bob Perkins
10-08-2001, 12:26 PM
Thanks,

It figures that no plans are available. It's always the ones that jump out at ya..

Bob

Originally posted by Tom Jackson:
It's a Shew & Burnham whitehall. The same boat was featured in WB No. 24 in an article about fitting a whitehall with a centerboard. Plans are not available--Shew & Burnham built all of their boats straight off the lofting floor.

Steve Lansdowne
10-09-2001, 09:12 PM
I asked Greg what the boat was two summers ago. He said he had not built it and, as I recall, didn't know where the photo came from, but I later did see it in an older issue of WB.

ken mcclure
10-12-2001, 11:40 AM
I thought I had posted an answer to this one, or one just like it.

Take a look at a book from the WoodenBoat Store called "Building Catherine." This is a boat in the whitehall tradition that may well suit your needs.