View Full Version : poof

Paul Pless
12-09-2009, 05:14 PM

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 05:14 PM
what?

Peerie Maa
12-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I think Paul just likes typing "Poof" ;)

switters
12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
lay off the chili, you'll feel better.

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I think what happened was those geneticaly engineered peppers he's been eating self-ignited the last time he farted

TimH
12-09-2009, 06:03 PM
damn. I thought it was funny as hell.

Some people get too easily offendedd...ehemphillipcough

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 06:17 PM
damn. I thought it was funny as hell.

Some people get too easily offendedd...ehemphillipcough

alright...I'll let it go...it's just that wal mart bashing is a favorite left wing pass time...like Dan saying he'd never been a wal mart abut could tell us all about the lesser beings who shop there...

TimH
12-09-2009, 06:19 PM
it was classic! I wish I had saved it :)

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I guess it was the wal mart thread that went away...at least I don't see it

see you guys later...I'm off to wal mart to do some shopoping

TimH
12-09-2009, 06:24 PM
I guess it was the wal mart thread that went away...at least I don't see it

see you guys later...I'm off to wal mart to do some shopoping

Watch for people taking pictures. We would hate to see you pop up in some rogue thread here :D

Paul Pless
12-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Watch for people taking pictures. We would hate to see you pop up in some rogue thread here :D> :D:eek:

mmd
12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Walmart bashing is a left wing conspiracy?

Must be a localized phenomenon. I've heard the place trashed by folks of all political stripes.

BrianW
12-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I pop into the 'People of Wal-Mart & 'Cars of Wal-Mart' every couple days.

Paul Pless
12-09-2009, 06:55 PM
But it has utterly destroyed others.I can kinda agree with that; but maybe we should ask if Walmart isn't just a symptom of larger problems.

fwiw, I hate Walmart.

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Walmart bashing is a left wing conspiracy?

Must be a localized phenomenon. I've heard the place trashed by folks of all political stripes.

conspiracy is your word...an attempt to dig at the observer who notices that it's not conspiracy but rather...fashion

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 07:52 PM
too late...(the give-away is the lack of denigration for all the other big box stores...they are almost never mentioned even though they do the same things...it's fashion)

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 07:56 PM
is there a site on the internet dedicated to the denagration of k-mart customers? target customers?

MiddleAgesMan
12-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I won't shop at WM but my GF made me take her there last night. She just HAD to have a whole bunch of their stuff--you know, all that stuff they have which nobody really needs.

Well, anyway, I let her out at the door and then parked the car. As I was approaching the entrance I looked up and saw "Trailer Trash" printed on something sitting right by the entrance. I had to do a double take but when I looked a second time I saw a large plastic trash bin with the word "TRASH" stenciled on it. But I swear, it read "trailer trash" the first time I saw it.

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I won't shop at WM but my GF made me take her there last night. She just HAD to have a whole bunch of their stuff--you know, all that stuff they have which nobody really needs.

Well, anyway, I let her out at the door and then parked the car. As I was approaching the entrance I looked up and saw "Trailer Trash" printed on something sitting right by the entrance. I had to do a double take but when I looked a second time I saw a large plastic trash bin with the word "TRASH" stenciled on it. But I swear, it read "trailer trash" the first time I saw it.

how do you spell Freaudian?

SMARTINSEN
12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
is there a site on the internet dedicated to the denagration of k-mart customers? target customers?

Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band did a nice little Christmas carol about K-Mart if that is any help to you.

Paul Pless
12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band did a nice little Christmas carol about K-Mart if that is any help to you.and then there was rainman

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Phillip, I know that Wal-Mart has helped your region of the country.

But it has utterly destroyed others. Please try to see the forest for the trees, hm? At least think about what's said about it. Because something is seen to be partisan in origin doesn't (necessarily) mean it's untrue.

Blighty...down town America is gone the way of the do-do...big box stores didn't do it

what did "do it"?

cars...lots and lots of cars...

roads...not dirt roads but nice smooth paved roads

houses built to code caused it...no more limiting new houses to one electric outlet per room...we need lots and lots of outlets for lots and lots of appliances

high cusine did it...wal mart carries lobsters...they get smaller and smaller every year but lobster fishermen who complain that they won't shop at wal mart are glad to sell their expanded catch there

two car garages did it...no more mothers pulling their pre schoolers to the grocery in a radio flyer wagon then making the tyke walk home so the packages can go in the wagon

in short, everything that changed after WWII did it...down town America died and it would not have mattered WHO filled in...they would be blamed for the passing of an age

I, too, was once a barefoot boy

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 08:23 PM
I asked nicely... :)

TimH
12-09-2009, 08:34 PM
how do you spell Freaudian?

Not like that! ;)

TimH
12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
As I was approaching the entrance I looked up and saw "Trailer Trash" printed on something sitting right by the entrance. I had to do a double take but when I looked a second time I saw a large plastic trash bin with the word "TRASH" stenciled on it. But I swear, it read "trailer trash" the first time I saw it.

Too funny!:D

Mrleft8
12-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I figured he was telling us why he hasn't married Katherine yet.... :D

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I'll leave the mispelled word up for you guys' amusement :)

Bob Adams
12-09-2009, 08:41 PM
alright...I'll let it go...it's just that wal mart bashing is a favorite left wing pass time...like Dan saying he'd never been a wal mart abut could tell us all about the lesser beings who shop there...

Really? I've been accused of being a Neocon (I'm not) and I'm proud to say I have never set foot in a WalMart. And yes, Phillip and I have had heated discussions about the giant that owns his neck of the woods.

Phillip Allen
12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Really? I've been accused of being a Neocon (I'm not) and I'm proud to say I have never set foot in a WalMart. And yes, Phillip and I have had heated discussions about the giant that owns his neck of the woods.

bring on the heated discussion...it's gonna get down to 10 degrees tonight

The Bigfella
12-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Don't take this too harshly guys, but I think it was someone on Top Gear who said "America, the only country to ever go straight from development to decay without encountering civilization on the way"

Mrleft8
12-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Don't take this too harshly guys, but I think it was someone on Top Gear who said "America, the only country to ever go straight from development to decay without encountering civilization on the way" True, but at least we didn't develop an inflated sense of self worth like a certain other society....... One that for instance, thought that the sun would never set upon them.....:rolleyes:;)

Bob Adams
12-09-2009, 08:54 PM
bring on the heated discussion...it's gonna get down to 10 degrees tonight
.:D.

Paul Pless
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
True, but at least we didn't develop an inflated sense of self worth like a certain other society....... One that for instance, thought that the sun would never set upon them.....:rolleyes:;)ouch... that wasn't very nice:eek:;)

The Bigfella
12-09-2009, 09:28 PM
I've got a sneaking suspicion that the sun still doesn't set upon that Empire. The kids grew up a bit though, and a few rowdy ones got kicked out, whilst the rest gained some freedoms.

brad9798
12-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Paul Pless said:
I can kinda agree with that; but maybe we should ask if Walmart isn't just a symptom of larger problems.

Ding, ding, ding ... that is correct!

I have said it SOOOOOOOO many times on this forum ... if folks don't like Walmart, then they need to put their money where their mouth is and succomb to paying 10-50% more for their everyday needs from the local guys/gals/stores!

The fix is SO SIMPLE that it continually baffles me that we do not fix it!

Oh wait ... we don't want it fixed!

After all, why buy locally for $2.89 a gallon when walmart has milk for $2.39!

WE created walmart ... WE support it as a people ... WE have destroyed mom and pop small-town America!

WE have!

:(

Get over it ... or change how you shop ... or shut up about it!

bobbys
12-10-2009, 12:38 AM
They are gonna build a Wal Mart here.

Im getting my 70s
polyester.
Disco outfits out and ready.

Brycreem and VO5 and a dab of old spice should get me a Hook up.

Figure i will hang out By Woman's Large for the best Honeys..

Lotta luving there!

brad9798
12-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Gotta love 'Old Spice.' (I still do.) ;)

:D

David Tabor (sailordave)
12-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Paul Pless said:

Ding, ding, ding ... that is correct!

I have said it SOOOOOOOO many times on this forum ... if folks don't like Walmart, then they need to put their money where their mouth is and succomb to paying 10-50% more for their everyday needs from the local guys/gals/stores!

The fix is SO SIMPLE that it continually baffles me that we do not fix it!

Oh wait ... we don't want it fixed!

After all, why buy locally for $2.89 a gallon when walmart has milk for $2.39!

WE created walmart ... WE support it as a people ... WE have destroyed mom and pop small-town America!

WE have!

:(

Get over it ... or change how you shop ... or shut up about it!

GF (The Redhead) refuses to shop Wal*Mart. Only went there a few weeks ago b/c she was shopping w/ her daughter who needed something there. Otherwise she has not set foot in there at least as long as the 3+ years I've known her.:)

Instead she shops Costco and Tar-jhay.;)

Just trading one bigbox company for another that is only slightly higher up the ethics ladder IMO. :rolleyes:

mmd
12-10-2009, 08:04 AM
"conspiracy is your word...an attempt to dig at the observer who notices that it's not conspiracy but rather...fashion"

My comment was intended to be wry humour, Phillip, not a dig at you. Sorry that you took it that way. Try not to be so sensitive...

huisjen
12-10-2009, 09:10 AM

Say what?

Dan

Paul Pless
12-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Say what?

Danhe was referring to a post by betty-b on another thread

Paul Pless
12-10-2009, 09:16 AM
alright...I'll let it go...it's just that wal mart bashing is a favorite left wing pass time...'The Left' ain't always wrong Phillip.

huisjen
12-10-2009, 09:17 AM
oh.

Phillip Allen
12-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Say what?

Dan

wrong Dan...Betty B

Phillip Allen
12-10-2009, 10:32 AM
My comment was intended to be wry humour, Phillip, not a dig at you. Sorry that you took it that way. Try not to be so sensitive...

Sorry...guess I'm just a sensitive new age guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1bumOZENyI&feature=related

TimH
12-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Costco is WAY higher on the ethics ladder. The other place i havent heard of.

seanz
12-10-2009, 10:45 AM
wrong Dan...

There is no "wrong" Dan.
All versions are equally valid.

TimH
12-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Google shows some of it on their search results, but no cached version :(

"Sara Palin cares about me and my unclebrother!"
"I support the death penalty! Just like the bible tells me!"
"Abortion is murder!"
"Oil is good food!"

Hey Dan, how about giving us that again? :)

TimH
12-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Well the sun never set on the Roman empire.

And Japan was the land of the rising sun.

And they say that it never rains in Southern California - could mean that its always sunny :)

BETTY-B
12-10-2009, 03:03 PM
"I dont know why, but I'm a teabagger!"