PDA

View Full Version : Fun, and harmless, things you used to do

John Smith
12-07-2009, 09:40 AM
My friend an I used to argue about arguing in public places

In the New York boat show, back when it was in the Coluseum, we stood by the Gale outboard booth and it went like this:

I'm not going to argue with you today.

Oh yes you are, and we're going to settle this now.

Im NOT going to argue.

We got a bit louder and louder and had quite an audience. Guess the people and security thought we were some part of the show

We also told the "carrot" joke in crowded places like our college snack bar.

The one who started to tell it would laugh so hard he couldn't get it out. Those nearby who knew the "carrot joke" would all start laughing hard. Pretty soon the entire place was laughing, and no one knew what at.

Mrleft8
12-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Someone used to put a good sized gob of butter on both sides of an oreo, and catapult them with a fork and an upside down bowl up to the ceiling of the dining hall, where they would stay, often for hours, un-noticed until the adhesive qualities of butter failed. The resulting look of utter confusion as a buttered oreo landed in some unsuspecting person's plate (or on their head) was worth a thousand laughs.

paladin
12-07-2009, 01:29 PM
Slide under a 54-55 model ford at a drive in......drop the drive shaft and leave it on the ground under the car.....

hokiefan
12-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Built a balloon-evator. A sling shot made from two 4 foot lengths of surgical tubing and a 6" plastic funnel. Two guy hold the ends of the tubing on the top of each side of an open third floor dorm window, looking out over the sidewalk between the two adjacent dorms. Third guy pulls the funnel back 12-14 feet and places a 3-4" water balloon in the funnel. Upon release the whole contraption is packed away quickly in a backpack, while the balloon is in flight. If your aim is good it lands in group of freshman ROTC students standing at attention waiting their turn for dinner at the sidewalk intersection at the other end of the two dorms out front, about 150 yards away. Usually two reactions, first from the wet RAT, then his sergeant screaming at him for moving in ranks. Was amazing how long it took the balloon to get there and how far it would go.:D

Cheers,

Bobby

Paul Pless
12-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I used to have an alternate forum login.

mmd
12-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Oh, jeeze... has the statute of limitations date passed yet?

Well, there was the couple of summers spent street-racing on my motorcycle, or... Shootin' pool for money, or... Takin' your winter beater car, after it had served its purpose, and going to the dunes behind Hell Beach and seeing how many times you can roll it over...

Ahhh, so many warm memories of my mis-spent youth!

The sad part is that most of what I did when I was younger for fun weren't harmless. Most were not harmful to others, but the risk of harm to me increased dramatically as the fun quotient went up. Cliff diving at the sea caves of the Ovens Park outside of Lunenburg, home-made bob-sledding on logging roads, climbing communication towers to see the view, so much fun at such risk!

I guess the best one to relate to you folks is river tubing. There is a river nearby my home (actually, closer to Reddog than me) called Gold River. A section of it cuts through a small gorge about half a mile long. Half-way along there is a small waterfall (about 4-6 ft high), followed by a big eddy (gyre), then another run of rapids. All of this fast water is constained within basalt canyon walls about 30 feet high and ten or fifteen feet wide. We figured that tubing through the canyon would be quite a thrill, but thought that plain old car inner tubes wouldn't last very long scraping and bouncing off the sharp rocks of the canyon walls, so we had a better idea. We rounded up a few innertubes from farm tractor rear wheels and inflated them to about 5psi. This made them about five feet in diameter, but soft and resilient. Then we got some old trawl netting (heavy orange fishing nets) and laced it over the tube, making a trampoline out of the inner "hole" of the tube, which was our protected seat. A net bag for cans of beer under the netting and an old shovel handle to try to ward off the scarier of the rocks and we were good to go. We's push off into the stillwater at the top of the gorge and drift into the maw of the beast. Gathering speed with the current (we probably maxed out at maybe fifteen or twenty mph, but it felt like about fifty), spinning wildly as we caromed off the canyon walls, we'd try to maintain enough control so that when we went over the waterfall we'd have some chance of remaining upright. If not, we had to grab the netting of the tube and swim like hell to get out of the gyre and safely ashore before we got swept into the next section of rapids. If successful at negotiating the falls, we roared down the second set of rapids and washed up on the sandbar at the bottom. After hootin' and hollerin' over our success at coming through relatively unscathed (there always seemed to be some blood from scrapes and bangs), we'd crack a brew, sling the tubes on our backs, and begin the hike back up the woods trail to the top and go again. "Twas a fine bit o' summer sport...

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-07-2009, 04:35 PM
"Fun, and harmless, things you used to do "

Post in the bilge.

Hal Forsen
12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
MANY years before I'd ever seen a potato cannon we made Tennis Ball Cannons. :D
Three old fashioned tennis ball cans, duck taped or better yet soldered together, with only the bottom end remaining.
Tiny touch hole for the Ronson Lighter fluid propellant.
Tennis Ball and ignition source (lighter)
Foomp!

paladin
12-07-2009, 08:39 PM
I think I have posted this before...but.......Grandad had a civil war Confederate cannon in the yard......when I was about 12-14 I discovered the black powder in the shed......The standard Campbells soup can fit down the muzzle....mix up a little wet cement and fill the can, use silk stockings (mom's old ones) to wrap a pound or so of powder, down the muzzle, then the can, then poke a hole with a piece of welding rod and fill the hole with powder, and touch it off......the can would end up in the woods a quarter of a mile away.....granddad figured it out when he discovered the powder was slowly disappearing, and when he went into the woods looking for honey trees and saw the damage caused by the soup cans......

Mrleft8
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Campbell's soup is..... BOOM BOOM good! :D

tomlarkin
12-07-2009, 09:25 PM
We used to wrap self-igniting match heads in tinfoil and shoot them at windows at night with our air rifle. The projectiles would flare up very nicely on impact. I'm kind of surprised in retrospect that we didn't burn anything down or get picked up by the MPs.

Captain Blight
12-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Chasin' redheads.

darroch
12-07-2009, 09:49 PM
We used to wrap self-igniting match heads in tinfoil and shoot them at windows at night with our air rifle. The projectiles would flare up very nicely on impact. I'm kind of surprised in retrospect that we didn't burn anything down or get picked up by the MPs.

Since this post sets the bar for harmless rather low...
Inspired by the (then) very recent moon landing we made hot air balloons out of dry-cleaning bags, plastic drinking straws, birthday candles and straight pins. Light 'em up, let 'em fly on a cold clear summer night and collect 10 bucks on a bet from your smart-ass uncles who didn't believe it would work.

Ian McColgin
12-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Took the lugs off all four wheels of the village constable's car while he dozed guarding a stop sign that many ran. Then we ran the intersection whooping and yelling. In retrospect it could have been bad but in the event he only got about fifty yards and didn't hit anything.

contented
12-07-2009, 10:32 PM
my apologies for not being involved in this but only knowing all the playas. in somerville, MA back in the day, Louie R and his cousin, who had a small trucking business and used to clean out attics and cellars and hung on to an ole wicker backed and seated wheel chair.

so the cuz wheeled Louie into the Friendly's ice cream restaurant with a plaid blanket over his legs to get some takeout at the register. cuz got a hot fudge sundae while Louie looked on. when it came, Louie sez "you said if i was good today i could have a cone" cuz sez "you been a pain today an u gettin nuttin" all this is fairly loud.

in the end, the noise escalates and the cuz kicks over the wheelchair with Louie in it and 20 male patrons rise up to get involved. Louie and cuz grab the blanket and the chair and run for their lives out the door to the truck, laffin like hell.........no harm done.

bobbys
12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
In High School before car hoods had to be opened from the inside I used to remove all the coil wires from the whole parking lot so no cars would start.

Then i "helped" the good looking goils and Teechers being such a good lad and all..

I have a brother one year younger but sorta looks like me, If a Teacher caught us smoking or doing something wrong we would be sent to the VPs office where we gave her{ex WAC} the other brothers name.

Then the Offender went to school but hid from the teacher that caught us.

The other brother went fishing.

Course we had to let the whole school in on the joke

2MeterTroll
12-08-2009, 12:22 AM
stole all the foot bridges in ill beach state park and used them to sail around in the ponds.
Ran a trap line
learned tracking
wilderness survival
stole the old farmer on the rivers boat and took it joy riding.
dug underground forts.
blew up garbage cans with carbide bombs.
made nitro cotton
liberated 2 sticks of rock gell and blew up trees.
blew all the feathers off a trumpeter swan with an m80
disassembled an old cookie factory.
lots of stuff.
then theres the things that where not so nice.

pipefitter
12-08-2009, 02:29 AM
China berry gun wars. I can get welts to rise just thinking about it.

BrianW
12-08-2009, 04:10 AM
Took a picture once, of a friend sitting on Abe Lincolns lap. Yes in his memorial, in DC.

It were late, and we were drunk.

PeterSibley
12-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Insert a potato into the exhaust pipe of you headmaster's Austin A30 , especially pleasing when you're ten years old :)

The Bigfella
12-08-2009, 04:50 AM
fishing with gelly (7 sticks of it) - in a town area

home-made gunpowder (charcoal, sulfur, n....)

above packed in bottles and detonated using fuse wire across a 240v lead

molotov cocktails

crossbow & shanghais (slingshots)

using firearms in a town area

cut-down Renault 750 bush basher car

bunger guns - using molded lead bullets and both Thunder and Penny firecrackers - could put a 5/8" lead ball out of sight down the creek or about 3" into a eucalyptus tree.

firecrackers and letterboxes

polaroids of the "parkers" down the end of our street (yeah, OK, so it was only the flash, because we didn't have any film)

catching flying foxes by grinding up dad's Amatils and drilling a hole in a peach on Grandma's tree.

curing the eye infection on a couple of the flying foxes, then releasing them with 4 letter word call signs painted on their 3' wingspans... over town, in the middle of the day. Call signs that would be worth a 3 month or longer ban here.

going to the pub from the age of 15 on

not stopping when directed to by the appropriate authorities

growing dope on public land

smoking dope in art class ("ha, caught you" said the teacher, who turned around and walked away)

taking a live funnel-web spider to school for show and tell

bungers on time fuses (mosquito coils), set to go off during school assembly or maths classes - nowadays, that'd get the bomb squad called out

wheelies past the school on my motorbike

wheelies in the car park

joined a bikie gang

There you go... that'd be enough to put me in gaol / jail for about 25 life sentences these days.

skuthorp
12-08-2009, 05:05 AM
Apart from gelly fishing and the Renault, (I had access to a wartime Harley) very similar indeed Ian. Probably the most dangerous was jumping off the cliffs down near Port Campbell and exploring old gold mines with my brother. Some were very deep indeed. No bikie gang either, had a Matchless, but never was a joiner. Anyhow, how long since you've met a Hell's Angel that liked jazz?

The Bigfella
12-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Yeah, we used to jump off the jetty, and when we lived out at Temora, explore the then-uncapped gold mines and trap the rabbits ($1,000 fine per trap now). My first "bike" was an old Vespa we used as a bush basher. I think I sold it for $5 - the 1950's ones go for over $3k now. My second bike, and first road bike was a 1949 500cc G80S Matchless. Wish I hadn't sold it for $50.

skuthorp
12-08-2009, 05:35 AM
I don't remember what model mine was or where I got it, but I do remember hooning at an uphill intersection, dropping the clutch and then myself on my ass in the middle of the road!

The Bigfella
12-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Sheesh... you had one with a clutch that worked? Some guys get all the lucky breaks.

PeterSibley
12-08-2009, 06:25 AM
There seems to be a similarity in our boyhoods Ian and Jeff , the cracker guns got bigger , the bombs rather deadly ,sodium chlorate and icing sugar in sparklet bulbs , a bit of council waterproof fuse and tape to seal .A crack like a 270 Winchester ....Dad made my best shanghai/dinger after I came home with lumps from rocks thrown by the kids in the next village .A very good bit of gear , I wish I could buy that rubber now .

Yeah ,we might get in trouble today .

Saltiguy
12-08-2009, 08:43 AM
On summer evenings, our little gang of vandals would hang out on the main road, a 2 lane road where the occasional car would go by at about 35mph.
We got into 2 groups, maybe 6 kids in each, across the road from eachother.
When a car approached, we lined up PRETENDING we had a rope and posed like we were going to have a tug of war. When the car got close, we shouted, "1-2-3, pull", leaned back in unison (pretending we had a rope) and the poor driver would freak; slamming on his brakes and squealing to a stop right in front of us. Sometimes the guy would chase us, and that was great fun too, because honestly, there wasn't a man alive that could catch us in our own neighborhood.
Funniest thing I EVER did. I don't think I've EVER laughed as hard as I did on those nights.

John Smith
12-08-2009, 09:33 AM
My friend had a jeep, and back then we got some serious snow. He hung this huge tire on the front of the jeep, and we'd go out looking for stuck cars. He'd turn his lights off, sneak up behind them, and gently nudge them. They'd go off not knowing they had help.

mmd
12-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Ian's comment about "polaroids of the parkers" brought back dim memories of long-gone adventures.

The local parking spot - "The Lane" was two blocks from my childhood home (we lived at what was then the edge of town beside the new Town Park). A few of my buddies & I would use this place and the hapless lovers as fodder for our entertainment. We'd take my Kodak 124 and flashcubes (anybody remember flashcubes?) and sneak up on the victim's car through the dense pine woods that made The Lane such an attractive spot for automotive romance, and when the car was suitably rocking, spring our trap. Someone (we all took turns being the "brave" one to use the camera - without film, of course) would hold the camera a few inches from the car's rear window and snap and wind as fast as he could to fire off all four flashbulbs in the flashcube. The first one would get the occupants' attention, the second would usually be at point-blank range as the (usually) guy would look out the window to see what was going on, blinding him temporarily and eliminating all chance of pursuit. The third and fourth flashes were just for good measure. Howling with laughter at our wonderful antics, we'd beat a retreat through the woods and into the town park to hang out at the picnic table by the duck pond.

After a while there were fewer and fewer cars to terrorize as the lovers found newer spots away from those intrusive kids. But there were a few who kept coming, and they began a new, profitable, aspect to the game - bribery. For ten bucks or a case of beer, we could ensure that no other cars - police or lovers - would disturb their privacy for an hour or so.

I guess we were twelve or thirteen at the time...

Paul Pless
12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
The sad part is that most of what I did when I was younger for fun weren't harmless. Most were not harmful to others, but the risk of harm to me increased dramatically as the fun quotient went up. Ain't that the truth... I've mostly given up precarious perches myself, after having two friends fall - one died after falling off a railroad bridge over water, and the other hasn't walked or talked right since going over the edge of a very tall waterfall.:(

Saltiguy
12-08-2009, 11:36 AM
I think 12 and 13 must be the best years for boys. Not interested in girls yet, possessed of great imaginations and old enough to be out a bit raising hell. We had about a dozen boys in our little "gang" and we were dedicated to mischief and vandalism. We were very creative too, and I still laugh out loud sometimes thinking about the stuff we pulled. We all had little brothers too, who all wanted to be part of our crew.
One summer evening, I was riding my bike downhill, about a half mile from my house, going pretty fast through a suburban neighborhood. A big dog (sheepdog type) ran out from a yard, chased me, ran in front of me and I went over the handlebars and tumbling down the road. I got up, half-crying, scraped up pretty bad, and my the front wheel and handlebars of my bike were mangled. A man (the dog owner) was just standing there where he had been mowing his grass and offered no help even though he could see I was pretty beat up and my bike was wrecked. I KNEW it was his dog and asked him if he could call my father to come pick me up. He said "no", turned his back on me and went into the house, leaving me to painfully drag my mangled bike back home.
That man made a BIG mistake. For being such a jerk, he became the vandalism target for every kid in the neighborhood, and it went on for years! I think I was 11 when it started, and we continued for 3 or 4 years - after that our little brothers took over. The things we did to that mans' house and car would fill pages. Every window and screen smashed dozens of times; siding destroyed with rocks, bottles and slingshots; every possible thing we could think of done to his car. The amazing thing was that he never moved. During that time we were into slingshots - the David and Goliath type that you swirl over your head and fling a rock about the size of a golf ball. We were good! We bombarded that house intermitently for years with never a chance of getting caught.
There's a moral to this little tale. Be nice. Don't mess with kids.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
I used to have an alternate forum login.

Why would you need to log-in to another forum?

paladin
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Oklahoma was dry...so when 3.2 beer became legal, beer joints opened up all over. Beer bottles had a 2 cent deposit on them......
On Thursday or Friday I would take my wagon about 2 blocks from home and go down the alley behind the beer joint and there would be several cases of bottles...I'd take one or two.....then the next day I'd take one or two more......Saturday about lunch I'd pull my wagon with the beer bottles down the sidewalk in front of the stores, up to the beer joint, and tell the dude I had X number of bottles...he would check to see if any were broke, pay me the deposit and have me stack them out back.....
Saturday movies were 10 cents, double feature, 2 or 3 cartoon shorts....popcorn was 10 cents, soft drink was 6 cents..
Worked for a few months until the dude started storing his bottles inside.

John Smith
12-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Oklahoma was dry...so when 3.2 beer became legal, beer joints opened up all over. Beer bottles had a 2 cent deposit on them......
On Thursday or Friday I would take my wagon about 2 blocks from home and go down the alley behind the beer joint and there would be several cases of bottles...I'd take one or two.....then the next day I'd take one or two more......Saturday about lunch I'd pull my wagon with the beer bottles down the sidewalk in front of the stores, up to the beer joint, and tell the dude I had X number of bottles...he would check to see if any were broke, pay me the deposit and have me stack them out back.....
Saturday movies were 10 cents, double feature, 2 or 3 cartoon shorts....popcorn was 10 cents, soft drink was 6 cents..
Worked for a few months until the dude started storing his bottles inside.
I was in Oklahoma for class for a couple of weeks for a job I was the successful bidder on. I'd forgotten all about it, but this is one we didn't do, we just got a kick out of. Four of us went to a burger place where they had intercoms for ordering at each table, which was kind of neat, except for the fact they didn't work very well, so the chef would yell across the place to table by number, and we'd have to yell back what we wanted. Kind of fun, looking back.

I remember the local lake had a floating building with a huge hole in the floor for fishing. That was neat, too.

Funny, and fun, how one memory triggers another.

BarnacleGrim
12-08-2009, 04:18 PM
I was treated to some stories from rural Norway recently.

There was a kid in the village who attempted to make a rocket bike by packing gunpowder in the handlebars of his bicycle. The trick is of course to ignite both handles at the same time. In his case the handlebars just started spinning, giving him some nasty burns in the process.

JMAC
12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
...where to start....I'll go for the greatest hits- or stupidest hits...

elementary school(4th grade?)- undid the liquid soap containers in the boys room and peed in them

7th grade- bought some itchy powder, nasty gum, poison cola, white soap that turns things black, etc from the Johnson-Smith(?) mail order catalog and turned them loose on family and friends and the toilet seats in the boy's room

8th grade- called up a teacher's house and asked for Uncle John(the teach's first name) his wife says "Bobby?" And I said yes. She asked where I was and I told her I had run away and was at a pay phone in town and could she come pick me up....I called back later, the teacher began yelling that his wife had been crying all afternoon...(Lord, forgive me)

early high school- there was a stop sign by our hang out, there was a 30' cliff to the side of the road by the stop sign. There was a path to the top of the cliff, there were a couple of apple trees near the path. Our rule was trucks and buses only...sitting ducks.

high school- acorn fights, apple fights, stick fights, my tribe was about 15-20 strong, we'd split up and try to kill each other

college- me and a friend were standing over my passed out roomate, about to put his hand into a glass of warm water to see if he would pee his bed. In a moment of inspiration I poured the water onto the bed by his crotch and let him wake up thinking he wet himself.

also college(in NH)- there was a pay phone at the bottom of the stairs in the dorm. Somebody would call up and say there was a phone call for so and so. He would run down and someone on the other end said "Think Snow!" the kid would go "huh?" as we all jumped out and pelted him with snowballs.

Less extreme, but fun things- getting half my friends at the front of Jimmy's old Rambler and half at the back and having a push of war with it. Also, in the woods, finding standing dead trees, no matter what size and pushing and rocking and pushing until we could get them to fall over. Stuffing a model car full of firecrackers, dousing it with gas and then setting it aflame. ...and on and on...

BrianW
12-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I remember the local lake had a floating building with a huge hole in the floor for fishing. That was neat, too.

Everyone else called it "the floating outhouse."

David G
12-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Wow! I never did any of those things... or anything remotely like the medley of mischief described above. No, really. Trust me.

The Bigfella
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I don't think spearing the poor old Wobbegong sharks and dissecting them on the breakwall was harmless, so I won't mention that.

Bert Langley
12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
You know, in the 1960's if you got hold of some surplus weather balloons and figured out how to generate hydrogen gas through electrolysis, and figured out how to sort of inflate those ballons with the hydrogen and oxygen that you generated, and then tied a string of them together and attached M80s with different length fuses to them and released the whole thing over Mobile Bay at night that the fireballs they created would end up having jets from the naval Air station in Pensacola scramble and cause UFO reports up and down the coast.

Shang
12-13-2009, 07:06 PM
When I worked at the State University I became acquainted with John, and with The Eagle, who had the second-best jobs in the world. Their names aren't actually John and The Eagle, but their friends will recognize them from this, and the police won't.
They were employed as technician/engineers by the Science Department at the university. They had a well-equipped shop where they were expected to design and build all sorts of esoteric equipment for science professors' experiments. They did do a certain amount of this, however it would be difficult for a casual observer to tell the difference between a professor's esoteric bloop-beep machine and a rebuilt and improved carburetor for the classic Chrysler 300 John kept. So the duo spent a serious amount of the university's time improving Chrysler 300 carburetors.
Their important work frequently kept John and The Eagle laboring late into the night, and sometimes they could be heard singing along with the very sophisticated hi-fidelity audio system they had designed and built on the university's time. They were harmonizing on Up On the Roof when I happened by their workshop one evening. I assumed that they were working with solvents since there was a distinct odor of alcohol from inside the workshop. As I entered I noticed a newspaper clipping tacked on the wall. The headline read:

DERANGED LOCAL WOMAN PURPORTS TO HAVE SEEN EXPLODING SPACESHIP. (Story on page 74)

"What's that about?" I asked, "And why are you saving the clipping?"
John and The Eagle looked at me, they looked at the newspaper clipping, and then looked at one another.
Then they began laughing so hard that John fell on the floor and began rolling around!
Several minutes later, when they recovered enough to speak, they proffered a beaker of what turned out to be two hundred-proof lab alcohol, and offered to explain the newspaper clipping.

They lead me up the fire stairs onto the flat roof of the science building.
There they had improvised a long hose connection back downstairs to one of the gas jets in the chemistry lab. They had a supply of large plastic trash bags borrowed from the custodian's supplies."Don't try this at home, kids," The Eagle muttered, "...These men are Science Professionals!" They held the mouth of a trash bag tightly around the end of the hose and opened the gas valve; the bag slowly inflated. Lab gas is mostly hydrogen, so the gas-filled bag began to bob, and tried to rise into the air. They tied off the mouth of the bag with a long string which was crusted with some sort of dried crystalline substance. The Eagle maneuvered the floating gas-filled trash bag to the edge of the roof, and held it while John lit the end of the string with a Bic lighter. The lighted string sputtered and sparked, and The Eagle released the gasbag into the night sky. For a few minutes it was possible to follow the firefly sparks from the burning fuse, but then the balloon was lost in the darkness. John was hopping up and down like a demented Montgolfier, chanting under his breath, "...Any time now... any time..." A few minutes passed.
Suddenly, at what must have been half a mile away, at about five hundred feet altitude, there appeared a flash, and a ball of fire the size of an elephant! The trees and houses below the fireball were illuminated in clear relief. There were several seconds of silence, then the "WHOOM!" sound reached us.
"That's what the woman in the newspaper saw?" I asked. "Yeah," said John, "But we've been launching a dozen of these things every night for about two weeks, and nobody has noticed!"
"It's kind of sad, people don't look up at the night sky enough," said The Eagle.
Then we heard the police siren.
I didn't feel obligated to help gather up and carry the trash bags nor the gas hose, so I made it down the stairs first. John and The Eagle were close behind me into the parking lot. As we were starting our cars The Eagle rolled his window down and called to me: "Hey, if you ever put this into one of your stories, don't use our real names! Okay?" And John and The Eagle sped into the night in John's Chrysler 300.

McMike
12-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't think spearing the poor old Wobbegong sharks and dissecting them on the breakwall was harmless, so I won't mention that.

I think I'm gonna have a line of frogs to answer to when I die. When I was a kid we used to "bomb" them with rocks at the local pond and I was really good at it. Them and ants, lots of ants in spider webs. :eek:

goodbasil
12-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Used to take pop bottles back to the drunk who owned the little store down the street for a $0.02 return. He'd put them out back where we would take them and return them again. This went on for about 3 weeks.

Load up a double-barrel shotgun with split-peas and salt to shoot that Shaw kid in the butt, 3 halloweens in a row. (He deserved it.) He joined the mounties after high school.

Brother used to bring mercury from school and we would "change" pennies into dimes and could buy 2 chocolate bars for that.

Michael D. Storey
12-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Used ta use a bee bee gun to set off 22 shells held in the vise in the barn