PDA

View Full Version : Tired of being cold

ishmael
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Winter. Not officially here, but it's here. Half a foot of snow on the ground if I needed proof. My fingers and toes don't cotton to it much anymore. Maybe humans are meant to be migratory.

Mrleft8
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I have visions of Jack swingingthrough the tree tops of Borneo in a loin cloth howling like a Gibbon, with a palm pilot signed on to the WBF....

Vince Brennan
12-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Alcohol consumption lowers the body's ability to heat itself.
:D

Doug

So, THAT'S my problem!

StevenBauer
12-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Maybe a nice woodstove. ;)

Steven

LeeG
12-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Winter. Not officially here, but it's here. Half a foot of snow on the ground if I needed proof. My fingers and toes don't cotton to it much anymore. Maybe humans are meant to be migratory.

Yes, humans go where the grass is greener

pipefitter
12-07-2009, 02:47 AM
A body temp of 98 or so and around 60% of which is water, it makes no sense to live in those god-forsaken extremes.

If we were meant to live in that, we'd have been born with FUR. 80ish degrees and matching humidity numbers seems about right. :D

I will be up in NJ for the upcoming holiday so I expect to be wearing about 3 layers thermal shirts. . .indoors. When I get back to FL., I will have to find a flat rock in the sun to revive myself and to get my metabolism moving enough to absorb all the FOOD those yankees eat.

2MeterTroll
12-07-2009, 04:12 AM
my pref would be hanging out with the orangs gibbens are to noisy. sides it seems the orangs at portland zoo think i am one of them might as well go native :)

P.L.Lenihan
12-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Alcohol consumption lowers the body's ability to heat itself. Food for thought.
Doug

No,no no...ya got it all wrong there Doug! Alcohol is food for thought and food is what keeps the body running tick-ity-boo. If you want heat, at this time of the year, you have to do some sort of physical work. That's the only reason I'm building a boat,ya know! :D

And Jack,since winter ain't here yet, I think you're a whimp! :D:D

Cheers!

Peter, loving the cold and hoping for more of it! It's the snow I hates:)

Ted Hoppe
12-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Look for the simple sublime pleasure: Warm winter sun is a silent pleasure found whether coming through the window of a cool house or warming ons face while walking on a freshly shoveled way.

Maybe its time to push the cat away from the warm spot on the carpet, and take some of that sun shine nap for yourself.