PDA

View Full Version : Palin quits at book signing, too

rbgarr
11-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Writer's cramp? (poor baby... sniff sniff) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8mAZhOJIfI

but gets good advice:
http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas111909.php3

LeeG
11-20-2009, 05:35 PM
It's the fault of her trip planner, they had to leave by 9 so she couldn't stick around to finish signing.

S/V Laura Ellen
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm amazed that so many people would go out of their way to get a signed book from SP.

rbgarr
11-20-2009, 05:48 PM
SP: Hey! Let's blame this on the staff, too!

:D

delecta
11-20-2009, 05:49 PM
All good things must come to an end.

perldog007
11-20-2009, 05:51 PM
By leaving when she did, SP was saving or creating opportunities for others to have their copies signed which might have been lost without decisive action.

Pugwash
11-20-2009, 07:19 PM
I was talking about 5% of the population being Palin supporters. Then with your figure of 10-12% of the 5% being book buyers, that would be, let's see...

...why don't you figure it out and tell me.

Is that 5% of 10% or 10% of 5%?

I'm just confused now.

Pugwash
11-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Although, I can imagine her sitting in the bus with her head in her hands say "I just can't handle any more of these f*&king morons".

:)

Nanoose
11-20-2009, 07:25 PM
You know the old saying - once a quitter, always a quitter.... ;)

Nicholas Scheuer
11-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Certainly appears that Donn has found a cause.

Sarah/ Donn; yep, makes sense to me.

Moby Nick

George Jung
11-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Hehe...

Lots of amazing things about the SP 'phenomenon'.

But her following in the Bilge is quite interesting. I don't get it, but ... she certainly seems to strike a chord with this bunch. Scary. That's how folks get elected to public office.

Nanoose
11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
She kinda reminds me of Dan Quayle. Maybe a little bit different, but you get the idea... Whatever became of him anyway?

SMARTINSEN
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I think that it is safe to say that Sarah is an aberration.

LeeG
11-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Hehe...

Lots of amazing things about the SP 'phenomenon'.

But her following in the Bilge is quite interesting. I don't get it, but ... she certainly seems to strike a chord with this bunch. Scary. That's how folks get elected to public office.

1. she's pretty, we're guys so we're easily engaged.

2. the Republican party is experiencing a leadership vacuum and she exemplifies that.

Nanoose
11-20-2009, 08:22 PM
OK....not even in Dan Quayle's league....
Gotta be her glasses. ;)

LeeG
11-20-2009, 08:44 PM
OK....not even in Dan Quayle's league....
Gotta be her glasses. ;)

she's plays to the camera

[ I'm looking at you looking at me!]

it's narcissism in a charismatic mode

BrianW
11-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Does anyone have a link from a non-biased source describing the facts in this case?

George Jung
11-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Non-biased? In the bilge?

What are you, a crackpot? :D

LeeG., I don't care how attractive you find her - DON'T VOTE FOR HER!

Brought to you as a public service.

paladin
11-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I'll be honest....I don't like Sarah Palin.....dunno why, she just rubs me the wrong way......but.........I wouldn't mind a signed book.......why? I collect them.....and I could put it away with an autographed copy of Mein Kamp, A Joshua Slocum, Frederick Remington or maybe Amelia Earhart....I wouldn't lose much in the investment, perhaps $20 or less, which is what I paid for the Amelia Earhart 30 years ago....and less for the Slocum.....and perhaps $10 for the set of autographed Tom Clancy series......wanna guess what their worth now?

LeeG
11-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Does anyone have a link from a non-biased source describing the facts in this case?

I think the facts are that she didn't stick around to sign all the books people wanted to have signed.

George Jung
11-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Nope, that's not it!:p:D

LeeG
11-20-2009, 09:39 PM
er, it was a dark and stormy night

rbgarr
11-20-2009, 09:44 PM
People bought books through the Barnes and Noble bookstore, which gave them the option (?) to sign up to have the book signed, lined up in an alphabetical order by last name. SP stopped signing when she got to the Ns. Her bus left. Cards with a preprinted signatures were given out instead. People got angry. Some are returning the books. SP has issued an apology and assurances to somehow make it right.

LeeG
11-20-2009, 09:46 PM
you know what's after N.

PeterSibley
11-20-2009, 09:46 PM
Most of the books I buy are at least 70 years old .

perldog007
11-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I'll be honest....I don't like Sarah Palin.....dunno why, she just rubs me the wrong way......but.........I wouldn't mind a signed book.......why? I collect them.....and I could put it away with an autographed copy of Mein Kamp, A Joshua Slocum, Frederick Remington or maybe Amelia Earhart....I wouldn't lose much in the investment, perhaps $20 or less, which is what I paid for the Amelia Earhart 30 years ago....and less for the Slocum.....and perhaps $10 for the set of autographed Tom Clancy series......wanna guess what their worth now?

I don't hate her, that's for sure. CIC material? I ain't there either. For the money, I'm going to get another autographed book from Dynamite. Hell I might write him in for 2012. As well we all should. Dynamite Payson in 2012, you heard it here first.

Or not, but the books are a decent idea. :)

I took a job at the Water Front in D.C. as a security guard once. G. Gordon Liddy had an office (EDIT - Just checked an old notebook, it was Regardies Magazine's office and G. Man was writing for them at the time...) there so I started taking my copy of the Monkey Handlers with me in case he showed up. He never did, and looking back it was a bad idea. George don't exactly love security guards :o

rbgarr
11-20-2009, 09:58 PM
... I could put it away with an autographed copy of Mein Kamp....

Funny you should say that. I was wondering if there might be a comparison made by somebody about the awful writing in both books. The skill of the authors as writers seem equally bad.

perldog007
11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Napoleon Dynamite. Probably be a good running mate for the Sarah. (I know, I know. Totally uncalled for).
Beats Biden :D ( remember, I'm all up in homey's crib and stuff )

peter radclyffe
11-20-2009, 10:20 PM
with the world economy in freefall, lets talk about what really concerns humanity
what lipstick does she use, &
who does her hair

BrianW
11-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I think the facts are that she didn't stick around to sign all the books people wanted to have signed.

I saw the video, I've seen some comments from those who don't like her, and I've read an account of her apology.

What's lacking is some facts as to why. Could be good reasons, could be there was no good reason.

Beowolf
11-20-2009, 10:50 PM
I imagine if Sarah has a 5% overall support rate amongst Americans (that's your figure, not mine), her support rate is probably smaller amongst book-buying Americans.

That's classic.:cool:

Harbormaster
11-20-2009, 10:54 PM
World shattering.

http://www.dailykos.com/tv/w/002357/

perldog007
11-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Loved the video, good link. Those poor souls ROFL

LeeG
11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I saw the video, I've seen some comments from those who don't like her, and I've read an account of her apology.

What's lacking is some facts as to why. Could be good reasons, could be there was no good reason.

I wonder if it was a security issue and they didn't have a back up plan for leaving gracefully. I couldn't imagine her leaving a large number of unhappy fans.

perldog007
11-20-2009, 11:23 PM
I wonder if it was a security issue and they didn't have a back up plan for leaving gracefully. I couldn't imagine her leaving a large number of unhappy fans.

I don't know, but I loved the guy who said he didn't feel like supporting her anymore. Whether you lean right or left, nobody could be happy with that guy in their foxhole.....

pefjr
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
That Sarah is a hot topic in the bilge. More threads than any other subject. I didn't realize you guys were so crazy about that woman. Wonder what that is "telling".:D

JimD
11-21-2009, 12:56 AM
with the world economy in freefall, lets talk about what really concerns humanity
what lipstick does she use, &
who does her hair

Are there any photographs of her toes?

Chip-skiff
11-21-2009, 01:14 AM
I think that it is safe to say that Sarah is an aberration.

I thought she was opposed to aberration. :D

JimD
11-21-2009, 01:20 AM
I thought she was opposed to aberration. :D

They tried Aberration in the 1930s and it didn't work...I see the media has already coined a new phrase - Palienation. Come to think of it, I reckon I'm Palienated myself, and I wasn't even stiffed at a book signing.

Palin shows off cramped fingers:

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID4383/images/091120195924resized_palin.jpg

"How do you expect me to sign books with hands like these???" she exclaimed, before being quickly ushered out a back door.

PatCox
11-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Donn, you think sarah palin is a human being on the same level as Ansel Adams?

Nicholas Carey
11-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Impressive.

Noblesville is in the heart of Palin Kountry. Fancy pissing off your core supporters like that.

And she calls herself a writer. Slacker!!!

bobbys
11-21-2009, 01:44 AM
Heres the youtube clip where they shout LIAR!!!!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLBJkEtKqls

David G
11-21-2009, 02:50 AM
Heres the youtube clip where they shout LIAR!!!!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLBJkEtKqls

Did you come to the big city for that little clambake? I was downtown for another event, and walked by. Stood and watched for a while. I ended up talking to 3 of the folks with signs. One of them had an interesting take on the unintended consequences he foresaw from Cap & Trade. One of them thought Gore actually HAD been president at one point. Another... I couldn't really follow what she was saying. I'm not sure she was saying anything at all, but I could be wrong. Problem was, I was so distracted by the amount of profanity coming out of her mouth. Reminded me of my days setting choker for a gypo logger. This, despite me being accompanied by a friends teenage daughter... and her being accompanied by her husband and their (even younger) daughter. Just when I think I'm inured to the ignorance and stupidity... I'm proven wrong again.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying it's just the right. I think maybe it's more about some of the types of folks who are worked up enough to attend these sorts of street demonstrations. And Palin... being such an unreconstructed ignoramus, and yet attractive as well with a dollop of charisma... probably attracts a loopier group than most.

Pugwash
11-21-2009, 08:05 AM
They tried Aberration in the 1930s and it didn't work...I see the media has already coined a new phrase - Palienation. Come to think of it, I reckon I'm Palienated myself, and I wasn't even stiffed at a book signing.

Palin shows off cramped fingers:

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID4383/images/091120195924resized_palin.jpg

"How do you expect me to sign books with hands like these???" she exclaimed, before being quickly ushered out a back door.

She's sooo cool.

http://giovanniworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jack-black-2009-mtv.jpg

Who knew she was a closet metal head ????

rbgarr
11-21-2009, 08:57 AM
To the folks who bought the McCain-Palin decks of cards: check to make sure they aren't all jokers.

Mrleft8
11-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Here's how I'd handle a signing by Sarah.
I'd hire Bobo the clown to keep the crowds entertained while Palin went shopping for a new coat.

JimD
11-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Here's how I'd handle a signing by Sarah.
I'd hire Bobo the clown to keep the crowds entertained while Palin went shopping for a new coat.

That does seem to be the simpler of the two options. Perhaps Bobo could sign a few books, too.

John Smith
11-21-2009, 09:23 AM
SP: Hey! Let's blame this on the staff, too!

It's those damned liberals.:rolleyes:

JimD
11-21-2009, 09:25 AM
No. She's alive.

Giver her time. She may always be dopey but she won't always be alive.

Mrleft8
11-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Who will fill in at the pub while you're playing Bobo the clown?

Good point.....You play Bobo!:D

Rick-Mi
11-21-2009, 09:57 AM
How many people are camping out overnight and showing up at O' dark thirty in the morning to have a liberal sign a copy of their book? How many left wingers are leaving frustrated fans who waited hours in line sadly disappointed because they physically cannot meet the demand?

With this in mind I did a little checking:

Nancy Pelosi Know Your Power #625,206 Amazon sales ranking

Harry Reid The Good Fight #577,344 Amazon sales ranking

Sarah Palin Going Rogue #1 Amazon sales ranking

;) :D :D :D

JimD
11-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Now here is an example of conservative humour that isn't funny:

http://democratsareajoke.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/obama-clown-movie.gif

It would have been funny if they hadn't written 'Obama the Clown' on it and just let the joke tell itself. But no, someone actually felt it needed to be explained to us. The only people it needs to be explained to are other conservatives who are apparently too dumb to realize its Obama the Clown.

LeeG
11-21-2009, 10:04 AM
How many people are camping out overnight and showing up at O' dark thirty in the morning to have a liberal sign a copy of their book? How many left wingers are leaving frustrated fans who waited hours in line sadly disappointed because they physically cannot meet the demand?

With this in mind I did a little checking:

Nancy Pelosi Know Your Power #625,206 Amazon sales ranking

Harry Reid The Good Fight #577,344 Amazon sales ranking

Sarah Palin Going Rogue #1 Amazon sales ranking

;) :D :D :D

and don't forget

http://www.p212121.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mcdonalds_billions.png

JimD
11-21-2009, 10:09 AM
No. It would have been stupid either way. No wonder it attracted you.

You just have to watch the hand move back and forth for a while and it gets funny. At least that's what several conservatives have told me.

pefjr
11-21-2009, 11:33 AM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_XjxZQd4MRvc/SwgWLpWPjwI/AAAAAAAAApE/IYs_rniivaI/noname.jpg

John Smith
11-21-2009, 01:56 PM
so I'm wondering why some guy from Vancouver is chiming in on American politics anyway? The Libs are all pissed that Palin is more popular than Obama, Biden, Pelosi and Reid combined :-)

The Obama the Clown thing is even funnier to us conservatives when lefters like you guys don't think it's funny! ironic hugh?

YOu do not speak for me, sir.

Palin is, at best, an interesting piece of history in the making. The fact that so many people actually take her seriously frightens me.

She seems to know nothing about anything.

While not being an "Obamamaniac" I am pleased to have a president who doesn't embarrass us abroad, who seems to engage his brain before speaking, and appears to be both intelligent and competent.

In Barack and Michelle we have to people not born into privilege but are shining examples of the opportunity this country has for people who are intelligent and willing to work hard. They have two lovely little girls, and there's not even a rumor of infidelity.

These people should be the poster family for the conservative values the conservatives have been preaching. wonder why they're not.

It's my impression that few people truly comprehend that extent of the damage 8 years of Bush did to this nation, and how difficult it's going to be to undo that damage, or if ondoing that damage is even possible.

It is, in my opinion, absolutely dishonest to begin to judge Obama's presidency until he has at least two years behind him. Few things will have been fixed by then, but we should have a reasonable idea if repairs are underway.

pefjr
11-21-2009, 02:10 PM
[quote=John Smith;2395650]

It's my impression that few people truly comprehend that extent of the damage 8 years of Bush did to this nation, and how difficult it's going to be to undo that damage, or if ondoing that damage is even possible.

quote]And those that think it harp on it all day long and all week long never convincing anyone. Is the needle stuck in the groove?The C&P works well for those few. :D

ljb5
11-21-2009, 02:15 PM
They had pre-printed signature cards?

So they planned it this way.

RodB
11-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Palin is, at best, an interesting piece of history in the making. The fact that so many people actually take her seriously frightens me.

Many of the decisions made by Obama scare the hell out of lots of folks...

She seems to know nothing about anything.

A simplistic statement made by a hater.... scared as hell by her potential. Why do you have to describe those who favor real conservative ideals as somehow less than intelligent... but Nancy Pelosi is a genius?????

While not being an "Obamamaniac" I am pleased to have a president who doesn't embarrass us abroad, who seems to engage his brain before speaking, and appears to be both intelligent and competent.

Open your eyes... Obama is coming across as a weak boob who is clueless about handling foreign relations with serious opposition countries. He is quite embarrassing with all his apologetic ramblings around the world.

In Barack and Michelle we have to people not born into privilege but are shining examples of the opportunity this country has for people who are intelligent and willing to work hard. They have two lovely little girls, and there's not even a rumor of infidelity.

Yet most of Obama's philosophical ideas are for penalizing the hard working americans... and providing welfare for those who want to be taken care of.

These people should be the poster family for the conservative values the conservatives have been preaching. wonder why they're not.

Obama has not a conservative thought in his head... gimme a break.

The damage Obama is trying to do will affect generations and be very difficult to undo... he must be stopped ASAP.

It is, in my opinion, absolutely dishonest to begin to judge Obama's presidency until he has at least two years behind him. Few things will have been fixed by then, but we should have a reasonable idea if repairs are underway.

The Obama administration's ideas are so bad... we don't need any more time to see what other horrors they will come up with.

RodB

Trawlercap
11-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Think about it, seriously

By Dewie Whetsell, Alaskan Fisherman. As posted in comments on Greta's article referencing the MOVEON ad about Sarah Palin.

The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska .. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it's about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.

1- Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.

2- Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3- The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning - I imagine - that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4- Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand..

5- For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started... This summer, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6- President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.

By the way, she was content to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn't let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.

You have just read the truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media, along with the democrat party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to discredit her. I guess they are only interested in skirt chasers, dishonesty, immoral people, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter ex-presidents' wives.

So "You go, Girl." I only wish the men in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals.

I rest my case.

Only FOOLS listen to the biased media.

pefjr
11-21-2009, 03:34 PM

By Dewie Whetsell, Alaskan Fisherman. As posted in comments on Greta's article referencing the MOVEON ad about Sarah Palin.

The last 45 of my 66 years I've spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska .. I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here's the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It's not about persona, style, rhetoric, it's about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here.

1- Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor's office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican's "Corrupt Bastards Club" (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, "la la la la" (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.

2- Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3- The other thing she did when she walked into the governor's office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as "pork." She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the "when-hell-freezes-over" stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we'll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor's jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor's cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning - I imagine - that she's packing heat herself). I'm still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4- Now, even with her much-ridiculed "gosh and golly" mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn't impress you, then you're trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand..

5- For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started... This summer, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6- President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that's just a cover-up. I'm still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won't be holding my breath.

By the way, she was content to return to AK after the national election and go to work, but the haters wouldn't let her. Now these adolescent screechers are obviously not scuba divers. And no one ever told them what happens when you continually jab and pester a barracuda. Without warning, it will spin around and tear your face off. Shoulda known better.

You have just read the truth about Sarah Palin that sends the media, along with the democrat party, into a wild uncontrolled frenzy to discredit her. I guess they are only interested in skirt chasers, dishonesty, immoral people, liars, womanizers, murderers, and bitter ex-presidents' wives.

So "You go, Girl." I only wish the men in Washington had your guts, determination, honesty, and morals.

I rest my case.

Only FOOLS listen to the biased media.What ? , you knock a homer the first post at the plate. I am gonna be looking for some follow through before voting you "rookie of the year".:D

Pugwash
11-21-2009, 03:39 PM
What ? , you knock a homer the first post at the plate. I am gonna be looking for some follow through before voting you "rookie of the year".:D

Don't get so moist quite yet, junior.

http://www.vangastel.be/upload/2230PLANT%20NAAR%20KEUZE.jpg

T'urden might be on to something...

RodB
11-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Trawlercap...

Well said.... thanks

RodB

Rick-Mi
11-21-2009, 03:46 PM

I rest my case.

Only FOOLS listen to the biased media.

Thank you for that excellent input Trawlercap! It's obvious there are a lot of people who don't let the major media do their thinking for them. Sarah Palin, in spite of a negative media barrage is a prime example. She scares the hell out of the Marxist type liberals and entrenched political establishment on both sides of the isle.

rbgarr
11-21-2009, 03:56 PM
"Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I'm about to mention here."

So why not stay on as governor and see them through?!? :confused:

Pugwash
11-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Thank you for that excellent input Trawlercap! It's obvious there are a lot of people who don't let the major media do their thinking for them. Sarah Palin, in spite of a negative media barrage is a prime example. She scares the hell out of the Marxist type liberals and entrenched political establishment on both sides of the isle.

Wrong.

This expains it quite well, and it's funny.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-november-18-2009/daily-show--the-rogue-warrior

perldog007
11-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Capn' John don't play. Well done.

Rick-Mi
11-21-2009, 04:07 PM
The Daily Show :rolleyes:

perldog007
11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
The Daily Show :rolleyes:

Well, then there is that.

Trawlercap
11-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Pfjr,

I did not write that post. And I do not know the guy, although

I am an Alaska fisherman (Trawler, Bering Sea).

I find it interesting that the two biggest political stars in the headlines

Are Obama and Palin. Both have huge support from people who

believe in the same things they do, regardless of mistakes or any

diversions from the "ideal" either one might might make. That is

what supporters do. It is human nature.

And the other side against them, will scream "no substance, no

experience, phony, poll driven etc.....They are both new, who heard

of them 3 years ago?

It all comes down to beliefs. A belief is a powerful thing. If you believe Obama is the right guy, then your belief system will filter out any of the obvious flaws. You will see him shining as a leader, and you will experience satisfaction with his role as President.

Same for Palin. If you believe she is an empty headed idiot, you will find all kind of examples to support your belief. (the press works overtime to find any nit picking thing)
And you support your belief by seeing these petty news reports. You naturally fall in with others of the same beliefs. Together you talk it up and get support and enforcement of your belief.......experience what you believe in, which reinforces your belief. You can point to all kinds of facts that support your belief.

Just start a discussion about anchors some time. Or Monohull vs.

Multihull......Both side will have a ton of facts. But in reality, they have a belief. That has been enforced by looking for support of that belief, which allows them to experience what they believe in, which makes the belief all that much stronger.

People would rather fight for their belief than change it, or even consider changing it. That is my belief..and you only have to look at war for the example, that supports and enforces my belief...:-)

ljb5
11-21-2009, 05:25 PM
...Both side will have a ton of facts. But in reality, they have a belief. That has been enforced by looking for support of that belief, which allows them to experience what they believe in, which makes the belief all that much stronger....

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but we all have to deal with the same set of facts.

That comment you reposted kinda skipped over a number of things, like the ethics complaints against her, over-charging the state government for travel, charging for her kid's travel, charging a per diem for time spent in her own home, etc.

That part about saying "No" to pork was cute.... except for that it's not true.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/images/2008/09/14/nowheresarah.jpg

Why did she lie about selling the plane on ebay? She didn't really fire the chef, either.

One might conclude she didn't really bust up the corrupt bastards club... she seized control of it.

Oh, and that bit about making a fortune for the people of Alaska? Did you ever think that might have something to do with gas at $4 per gallon in the lower 48? So the good people of Ohio, Michigan and Indiana get screwed badly and Alaska gets stinking rich. You wonder why people don't like her?

JimD
11-21-2009, 05:39 PM
350 million????

The entire population of the US is only about 310 million.

The higher figure would include people who have supported him more than once. Although I agree the double counting is misleading.

pefjr
11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/images/2008/09/14/nowheresarah.jpg

You wonder why people don't like her?What people? Oh you mean those with the Palin derangement disease? Flush those people. :D

pefjr
11-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Pfjr,

I did not write that post. And I do not know the guy, although

I am an Alaska fisherman (Trawler, Bering Sea).

I find it interesting that the two biggest political stars in the headlines

Are Obama and Palin. Both have huge support from people who

believe in the same things they do, regardless of mistakes or any

diversions from the "ideal" either one might might make. That is

what supporters do. It is human nature.

And the other side against them, will scream "no substance, no

experience, phony, poll driven etc.....They are both new, who heard

of them 3 years ago?

It all comes down to beliefs. A belief is a powerful thing. If you believe Obama is the right guy, then your belief system will filter out any of the obvious flaws. You will see him shining as a leader, and you will experience satisfaction with his role as President.

Same for Palin. If you believe she is an empty headed idiot, you will find all kind of examples to support your belief. (the press works overtime to find any nit picking thing)
And you support your belief by seeing these petty news reports. You naturally fall in with others of the same beliefs. Together you talk it up and get support and enforcement of your belief.......experience what you believe in, which reinforces your belief. You can point to all kinds of facts that support your belief.

Just start a discussion about anchors some time. Or Monohull vs.

Multihull......Both side will have a ton of facts. But in reality, they have a belief. That has been enforced by looking for support of that belief, which allows them to experience what they believe in, which makes the belief all that much stronger.

People would rather fight for their belief than change it, or even consider changing it. That is my belief..and you only have to look at war for the example, that supports and enforces my belief...:-)

I like this post too, although I am a Mono hull guy. You are well on your way to the all-star team, but you are starting to attract some sharks with all that reasonableness. Welcome to the bilge.:)

ripley699
11-21-2009, 06:01 PM
HI Trawlercap,
As you are new here,let me warn you: The left leaners here have been leaning left so much for so long that in most cases [ljb?] at least half their brains have seeped out and are running down the left side of their bodies.
Knowing this,please don't expect any sort of answer that has any substance to it what so ever. Their normal course is :they will rant and spew childish venom while saying nothing to back up their verbal dysentary. On the rare occasion that they do have any facts to support their ideas,they will usaully ruin the effect by adding lies and/or distortions to their minor tid bit of truth,rendering all normal thought processes void and unfit for the normal thought process to accept.
They tend to be self destructive so in may instances it is fun to simply sit back and watch them shoot them selves in both feet.Failing that,they will simply resort to name calling..and point out a word you misspelled .

Cheers and welcome to the WBF and that place below the floorboards,,,known as "The Bilge"
RIPLEY

Nicholas Carey
11-21-2009, 06:05 PM
I hear she got her gig in Hustler. Ol skank.
No...her erstwhile son-in-law Levi Johnston who knocked up Palin's daughter did get a Fleshbot "mainstream-to-porn crossover award" (a silver dildo) though, in honor of his upcoming centerfold in PlayGirl. :rolleyes:

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2009/11/23/091123ta_talk_sanneh

The NY Daily News has video

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/11/12/2009-11-12_levi_johnston_at_fleshbot_awards_sarah_palin_sm art_for_not_trashing_me_on_oprah.html

I like the drag queen MC :D Really makes it sing.

Pugwash
11-21-2009, 06:11 PM
HI Trawlercap,
As you are new here,let me warn you: The right leaners here have been leaning right so much for so long that in most cases [Rick-Mi, Donn & Me] at least half their brains have seeped out and are running down the right side of their bodies.
Knowing this,please don't expect any sort of answer that has any substance to it what so ever. Their normal course is :they will rant and spew childish venom while saying nothing to back up their verbal dysentary. On the rare occasion that they do have any facts to support their ideas,they will usaully ruin the effect by adding lies and/or distortions to their minor tid bit of truth,rendering all normal thought processes void and unfit for the normal thought process to accept.
They tend to be self destructive so in may instances it is fun to simply sit back and watch them shoot them selves in both feet.Failing that,they will simply resort to name calling..and point out a word you misspelled .

Cheers and welcome to the WBF and that place below the floorboards,,,known as "The Bilge"
RIPLEY

Fixed it for ya, you're welcome.

:p

RodB
11-21-2009, 06:23 PM
And about 160 million support Obama, while about 15 million support Palin.

One of the most stupid statements made to date.... not even close to reality. Do you have a clue by how much Obama won by?????

RodB

ripley699
11-21-2009, 06:26 PM
HA !

Need I say more ??

severe Dain Bramage !

JimD
11-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by jimwillee http://woodenboat.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2395517#post2395517)
so I'm wondering why some guy from Vancouver is chiming in on American politics anyway? The Libs are all pissed that Palin is more popular than Obama, Biden, Pelosi and Reid combined :-)

The Obama the Clown thing is even funnier to us conservatives when lefters like you guys don't think it's funny! ironic hugh?

Politics? I thought this thread was about an author at a book signing. As for the clown, my reaction would have been about the same if it had been McCain the Clown. I like them both enough to laugh at them. I never laughed at Bush. Go ahead and elect Palin president. I don't care. She couldn't possibly be worse than the last Repulican president. Don't know if I could ever laugh at her, though. I don't live in Vancouver. I live on Vancouver Island.

JimD
11-21-2009, 06:40 PM
No, Jim, in this case it was a simple, stupid mistake on my part! I have issued a mea culpa and have edited my original post.

I hope you will accept my abject apology!

Accepted. But for penance you have to write a ten word sentence on why Palin would make a good president. Anatomical references are not allowed.

pefjr
11-21-2009, 06:41 PM
HI Trawlercap,
As you are new here,let me warn you: The left leaners here have been leaning left so much for so long that in most cases [ljb?] at least half their brains have seeped out and are running down the left side of their bodies.

RIPLEYOh, now that is funny.:D

RodB
11-21-2009, 07:01 PM
yep...:):o

pefjr
11-21-2009, 07:08 PM
I am very embarrassed that I could not possibly comply with your penance. I can think of no reason whatsoever she would make a President, much less a good one!That's ok, we are used to being embarassed by you. Actually 70m voted for Obama, 60 m for Palin as VP. So, don't worry, we know about your condition, and we will keep you up to date.:)

Mrleft8
11-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Palin will have as much impact on history as Dan Quayle.

Trawlercap
11-22-2009, 12:29 AM
ljb5, I will try to address a few things you brought up.
Everyone has a right to their opinion, but we all have to deal with the same set of facts.
That is absolutely true......But what about if we have to question the source of the "truth". Like the witnesses at an accident, you get more than one version.
We all get "reports" from the media, and from those reports we form opinions.....or try to.....What we do is naturally gravitate to those reports that support our beliefs. And we eliminate or filter those reports that would fight that belief.
Example: Report.... Unemployment is high and growing. "Oh that is because that idiot Bush left us with a wrecked economy" Or, "see, I told you so, the Obama stimulus plan is not working, it is a rat hole'....what ever we believe, is how we filter the reports, and put our own spin on it.
I guess I am trying to say, I am firm believer in getting the facts to form opinions. But I am very sceptical of ever getting the facts from the media.
That comment you reposted kinda skipped over a number of things, like the ethics complaints against her, over-charging the state government for travel, charging for her kid's travel, charging a per diem for time spent in her own home, etc.
I have no idea what the truth is on these things. Maybe no one does. I am not ready to dig into it for days on end to find out the truth......Are you? Depends on who does the reporting....I try to listen to both sides.....NPR and FOX news. and BBC if I get the time. I could go tit for tat, but that is a waste.You already have an opinion, I am not going to change it. I could throw back these "facts"
First Lady Michelle Obama's Servant List & Pay Scale
First Lady Requires More Than Twenty Attendants
1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C ... (Deputy Assistant to the President andDirector of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G (Special Assistant to the President andWhite House Social Secretary)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the Presidentand Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President andDeputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to theFirst Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance forthe First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects forthe First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy SocialSecretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy SocialSecretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling andEvents Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Dir ector of Advance and TripDirector for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to theFirst Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy PressSecretary To The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special=2 0Assistant for Scheduling andTraveling Aide To The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of CorrespondenceFor The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief OfStaff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director ofCorrespondence for the First Lady)
There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who hascreated such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help,at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came fromthe President's own pocket.
Is this "true"? I don't know, it is out there...., I could really form a belief on the first lady from this. Or re-inforce my belief. Or write it off as B.S. and blame Laura Bush for the same thing if I liked Mrs. Obama.
That part about saying "No" to pork was cute.... except for that it's not true.
Why did she lie about selling the plane on ebay? She didn't really fire the chef, either.
I saw some of those reports...and the other side. Both sounded pretty convincing to me. Not sure what to believe, or how big a deal some of these "charges" are. I do know some folks in Alaska said she kicked some serious butt in short order.
Have you ever been close to something that was reported and when you read report you were like ....uh..huh? Was I there? I have had this happen a lot.
One might conclude she didn't really bust up the corrupt bastards club... she seized control of it. You mean to imply it was for herself? That is what it sounds like you are saying?
Or maybe you mean got control back to the State?....... but then walked away. Is that something a power junkie would do? And yet this is what the left loves to slam her about....... quitting.
So if she stays in power she would be the corrupt power club, if she walks she is a quitter.....How can she win if the pre-conceived beliefs won't give her an inch? You can't beat beliefs. That is why we will never win the current war. It is a war of beliefs.
Oh, and that bit about making a fortune for the people of Alaska? Did you ever think that might have something to do with gas at $4 per gallon in the lower 48? So the good people of Ohio, Michigan and Indiana get screwed badly and Alaska gets stinking rich. You wonder why people don't like her?
This is one statement I thought really showed your beliefs. It sounds so righteous. Would make anyone who like to "stick it to the greedy bastards" feel reinforced.....Ever been to Alaska?...you should see for your self all those stinking rich Alaskan's.....:-)
Do you really think Alaska controls the price of gas (around the world?) I believe oil is a worldwide commodity, and no one market can dictate the price.
Would you vote to tax the rich SOB's in the oil industry? Would you? This is what Alaska is doing. But they do NOT let the Govt. have it to spend any way they want. 50% of the oil tax goes to the people of AK. Not the Govt. The price of gas makes no difference. Whether it goes to the people or the Govt. Still the same price, and it is not effected anyway. A non issue.
Lastly. Here is a thing that helped me come to peace with everyones beliefs. I can go out on a classic Schooner and enjoy a beautiful sail with my friend. And my friend that goes along is smitten forever, just has to have a Schooner. He has the opinion they are the best boat out there. I take him out on my Trimaran, he is unimpressed. I can point out all the great things. All the "facts" about, shoal draft, low heeling, easy speed, small sail plan...all my "facts" have me convinced this is the best boat going. Won't work for my Schooner friend. He is of another belief.......And the ocean don't care.

ljb5
11-22-2009, 01:11 AM
I am not ready to dig into it for days on end to find out the truth......Are you?

We haven't met before, have we? :D

There has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who hascreated such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help,at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie Eisenhower social help came fromthe President's own pocket.

You are mistaken (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/firstlady.asp). This has been discussed already on this forum.

You've only posted three times and two of them are full of hogwash that's already been debunked. Let's not go for four, okay?

I totally get what you're saying about everyone having a right to their beliefs. If you want to have your beliefs, I'm okay with that. But when you start posting "facts," make sure they're real facts and don't be afraid to deal with all the facts, not just the cherry-picked ones you prefer.

You've already admitted you won't change your beliefs. You'd probably do best to just avoid talking about facts because it's just not going to go your way.

jbelow
11-22-2009, 07:39 AM
I will purchase many of Palins books and give them as gifts for Christmas.
Jesus , Babies , and Guns make the libturds squirm and crap like a yard bird.

pefjr
11-22-2009, 11:11 AM
We haven't met before, have we? :D

You are mistaken (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/firstlady.asp). This has been discussed already on this forum.

You've only posted three times and two of them are full of hogwash that's already been debunked. Let's not go for four, okay?

I totally get what you're saying about everyone having a right to their beliefs. If you want to have your beliefs, I'm okay with that. But when you start posting "facts," make sure they're real facts and don't be afraid to deal with all the facts, not just the cherry-picked ones you prefer.

You've already admitted you won't change your beliefs. You'd probably do best to just avoid talking about facts because it's just not going to go your way.In your determined, diligent look for the facts, you have again missed the point.:D

Captain Blight
11-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Um. What's the point? That someone who lives at the White House has people to help her in her duties?

Crap, dude. If nothing else, she's creating jobs. Don't forget the money they save with their Victory Garden.

perldog007
11-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Um. What's the point? That someone who lives at the White House has people to help her in her duties?

Crap, dude. If nothing else, she's creating jobs. Don't forget the money they save with their Victory Garden.

You mean the immigrant hate garden that probably put a migrant farm worker into the deep depression of unemployment and negative self esteem issues?