PDA

View Full Version : Who He?

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
11-20-2009, 05:02 AM
Herman Van Rompuy.....

But our old friend has a new sig tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O24KixmFFc)

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-20-2009, 05:21 AM
And Who She?

Classic EU stitch up by the Big Three.

Germany and France get Rumpy as President.

Britain agrees and drops the Liar on condition that a Labour female gets the "High Representative's job.

This deal was probably done a couple of days ago.

If I were a citizen of any of the other 24 nations in the EU I would be somewhat irritated.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
11-20-2009, 05:33 AM
This seems well balanced.
Grauniad report. (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/nov/20/european-union-fading-presidential-ambitions)

The continent last night took a step away the top table, missing a valuable chance to halt the slide towards a G2 world, dominated by the twin poles of Washington and Beijing. Nonetheless, the EU will continue to matter, even as President Hu sits down with President Who?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-20-2009, 06:02 AM
Yes.

(I wish Britain had backed Chris Patten.)

I am particularly annoyed that we have yet another Belgian, a politician from a country that cant even govern itself, rather than someone from eastern Europe, southern Europe or northern Europe.

And I am disturbed that Rumpy is anti- Turkish membership.

Feeble.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Ever Greater Belgium!

George.
11-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Classic EU stitch up by the Big Three.

If I were a citizen of any of the other 24 nations in the EU I would be somewhat irritated.

Would you prefer a deal between, say, Spain, Italy, and Greece? Maybe Berlusconi as President (he will accept if it gets him immunity from prosecution) and Zapatero as High Rep? :eek:

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Václav Havel would have been my first choice as President.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
11-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Václav Havel would have been my first choice as President.

I'd like someone I get to vote for - or for that matter, against.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Why, you....you...you....

FEDERALIST!

;):D

George.
11-20-2009, 12:04 PM
How about Lula? We are done with him. Are you allowed to import them, perhaps if VAT is paid?

Peerie Maa
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Yes.

(I wish Britain had backed Chris Patten.)

I am particularly annoyed that we have yet another Belgian, a politician from a country that cant even govern itself, rather than someone from eastern Europe, southern Europe or northern Europe.

There is a suggestion that if he can hold Belgium together, he is well qualified to chair the EU.:D
Alternatively it could be the same marketing ploy as is used for baked beans, don't make them distinctive enough for any one to find anything to dislike.