PDA

View Full Version : A new use for an LED torch .

PeterSibley
11-17-2009, 03:21 AM
I discovered last night that cockroaches aren't aware of the light from an LED .Interesting! We have been having something of a mild plague but when you turn on the light or an incandence bulb torch they scuttle off quickly , too quickly to catch or spray.

I wandered around last night spraying cockroachs that I could see ....but who didn't know I could ! Fun !

A massacre !:D

The Bigfella
11-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Geez Pete, don't spray them... it makes them taste funny.

PeterSibley
11-17-2009, 03:44 AM
Crispy iz good !

Yeadon
11-17-2009, 03:52 AM
Best method is to turn out the lights, take off your socks and stomp around. Just like squishing crunchy little twinkies with your toes.

SchoonerRat
11-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Wear pointy toed shoes so you can get them in the corners.

George.
11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Spray is chemical poison. Hit them, lightly, with a sandal - just enough to cause widespread structural failure in the exoskeleton, but not enough to splatter their insides all over the floor. Then pick up by antennae - the trick is to hold both together - and eject from personal space. The ants usually take care of the rest. :D

pipefitter
11-17-2009, 12:59 PM
If you want to get rid of ALL roaches or any insect that wants to share your space?
Florida has to be one of the roach/bug capitols of the world. Tried everything. This stuff WORKS! I haven't seen one in or around the house for many months.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/images/demand_cs_pt.jpg

The other thing that works, believe it or not, is those Combat roach motels. Thing is, they are rather expensive and don't last very long, plus, something as stupid as an insect has to find it. This stuff worked very well without the motel part. After paying professionals and trying all of the natural cures, these two products did the trick better than everything else.

http://www.prestoimages.com/store/rd2625/2625_pd1290100_1.jpg

BETTY-B
11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
I have a bad idea. I thought of it while hanging out on the roof of my old hotel in Katmandu years ago. I squirted lighter fluid on and around one while another guy lit him on fire. The thing ran across the roof, through the gutter hole, across the corrugated awning, fell down to the street, and ran off burning. In the same hotel later, one ran under some drapes. They were easy enough to put out though. It may have been a bright idea, but not too smart.

DAN

goodbasil
11-17-2009, 03:37 PM
To buy Demand here you have to be a licensed bug hitman.

purri
11-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Borax is cheaper.

WX
11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Borax is good. I've used metho on them, the idea being to disolve the waxy protective coating...it's bit slow though.
The cardboard sticky traps work well; non toxic and you can just chuck them in the bin or burn them when they are full.

purri
11-17-2009, 08:37 PM
The "Blake solution" eh?