X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ted Hoppe
    Irritant, Level 2
    • Nov 2006

Guns of Navarone sailboat

Last night I saw on the local big screen a mint print of the Guns of Navarone, the 1961 block busting film. Great film with all star cast - Peck, Niven, Quinn and Baker.

Anyway, there is a beautiful boat the British operations folks use as contrasted with the Greek fishing wreck the agents use. Does anyone have a clue what it is? Btw the German patrol boats were quite interesting too.
    Without friends none of this is possible.
  • kenjamin
    • May 2005

Re: Guns of Navarone sailboat

Great movie but you're telling me I have to go rent it to see the boats? Here on the forum we like pictures, pictures and more pictures!

Comment

• KAIROS
      Happy Member
      • Jun 2006

Re: Guns of Navarone sailboat

I happened to see the movie for the 2nd time (OMG it's been 40 years....) recently. The only sailboat of note that I noticed was docked or anchored near a dock, and it looked like a Fife. It just had the sheer and that tiny little butt (transom) with lots of counter. I'm sure it could be, for example, any Italian designer copying Fife though .

Interesting that the first time it was the whole movie that was great, while this time I most remember the women and the shape of that sailboat.
      Last edited by KAIROS; 11-18-2009, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Working...