PDA

View Full Version : need a quick opinion

katey
11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Is it a good idea or a bad idea to give the goats the kiwifruit pulp that's been infusing in vodka for three weeks?

Peerie Maa
11-12-2009, 03:25 PM
A hung over goat. Nooooooo:eek:

TimH
11-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Should be quite entertaining :)

John of Phoenix
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
This thread is useless without pictures!
Video in fact!

Canoeyawl
11-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Liable to be a dead goat...

Nicholas Carey
11-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't know...what are your thoughts on drunk goats? Are your goats party animals :D or do they get nasty, unpleasant and argumentative when they get drunk? :eek:

:p:p:p

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
11-12-2009, 04:00 PM
A sheep has a single central idea - It Must die as unprofitably as possible.

The goat however has a different idea - It must die in bizarre and peculiar circumstances - I had one which died after eating the yew hedge around the castle - swmbo had one which died after eating her grandfather's braces (suspenders? - elastic things which keep your trousers up).

Don't do it.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
11-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm convinced Goats can eat and digest just about anything.
I've seen them eat tin cans and had an aggressive male eat my t-shirt once!

OK, OK.....a quick opinion eh?
Got one ya don't like?
Feed it just one and see what happens.
Report back with results before proceeding further.

Flying Orca
11-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Drunk animals are funny. I'm just sayin'. (Except when they're dangerous.)

BarnacleGrim
11-12-2009, 04:04 PM
You know what they say (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mat%2025:32-41&version=KJV), a goat is an animal of vices (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoIfdcmis7o).

Matthew didn't know the first thing about goats. Besides, nicotine isn't any better for goats than it is for humans, especially if you eat them whole. I suspect it's wise to go easy on the liquor as well.

Phillip Allen
11-12-2009, 04:52 PM
google fainting goats...

Spin_Drift
11-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Don't give it to them. Possibility is that they'd die of alcohol poisoning.

Use it your self. Often when I make liquor, I rack the clear liquor out and add more vodka etc. Then when I puor some in the glass, I scoop up some vodka soaked berries into the glass. That's some strong and tasty stuff.

Robert L.
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Drunk animals are funny. I'm just sayin'. (Except when they're dangerous.)

Drunk bears are absolutely hilarious. When the apples fall off the trees, if the temperature is right the fruit flies get to them before they rot and instead of rotting they ferment. The bears come in and eat the fermented apples. They start out just wandering around munching them down, after a bit they do a lot of sitting between trees, then pretty soon they are crawling around on their bellies. At this point they look sort of like big furry vacuum cleaners as they no longer munch them, more like they just suck them up as they go. Next comes the stage were they no longer are using their front legs. They sort of hunch up the hind end and shove themselves forward, front legs dragging behind, finally they just sort of doze off. They will clean up every fallen apple even the ones right up against the house. Of course if it is too wet and the apples just rot then the boys have to clean them up, neither the bear nor the dear like 'em rotten.

Katey, ask your vet, I am sure that they will know.

(DIMKIA - Goats don't eat tin cans. They will try to get any leftovers inside, and if the label smells good they will chew it off, but they do not et and digest metal. Just sayin')

Garret
11-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Drunk bears are absolutely hilarious.

You said it! Very entertaining - from a substantial distance I might add.

Only thing is that all those rotten apples, shall we say, tend to travel through the bear very quickly. Fertilizes the trees nicely, but precludes walking near them for a month or so....:eek:

ishmael
11-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm gonna vote in the negative column, too. I doubt it would hurt them. As Kevin mentioned, a critter that eats almost anything isn't liable to be harmed by a little vodka with kiwi skin. But dey got the devbil's's eye, woman, and no need encouraging them! LOL.

I've never kept them, but my father in law came home one day from a walking trip to find them broken out of their pen and prancing on top of his car. With a bit of vodka, who knows, they might have been doing the twist.

purri
11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Don't do it. Kiwifruit have very powerful digestive enzymes. They may die as a result

Canoeyawl
11-12-2009, 06:57 PM
I had a goat die from alcohol poisoning.
He ate too much corn and it fermented and killed him - a slow miserable death

katey
11-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Just so y'all know, I was trying to get you to think about something other than politics or insults. I wouldn't give them a great big glob of something unknown, especially with vodka in it. They do eat kiwifruit skins (and much of my other potential compost) with great enthusiasm, however! Fermented asian pears (from the ground under the tree) are another favorite.

And I remember reading a story once about someone's geese who got into a fermented watermelon and had one whopper of a hangover the next morning. She said that every time her rooster crowed, the gander would just shove his head farther under his wing...

What Canoeyawl is talking about is called "bloat," and it can kill any kind of ruminant that gets into too much rich feed. It's not the alcohol that kills, though; it's the gas. Seriously!

Canoeyawl
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
It was Corn Mash
Goats will eat anything...

LeeG
11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
this thread could have legs

huisjen
11-12-2009, 07:32 PM
...with prehensile hooves.

Dan

Robert L.
11-12-2009, 07:45 PM
You said it! Very entertaining - from a substantial distance I might add.

Only thing is that all those rotten apples, shall we say, tend to travel through the bear very quickly. Fertilizes the trees nicely, but precludes walking near them for a month or so....:eek:

Just out the bedroom window or off the deck is fun too.

Looks sort of like this but juicier when fresh. The oldest son just hates that last trip through the orchard with the lawnmower in the fall.:D

http://72.41.23.68/images/Bears/bearpoop.jpg

johnw
11-12-2009, 07:55 PM
No! No! Make pie!

I've seen birds get drunk on berries. They would fly drunk, hit the side of the house, and fall down stunned.

11-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I've never kept them, but my father in law came home one day from a walking trip to find them broken out of their pen and prancing on top of his car.

http://www.saveourgoats.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/goats-car.jpg

Bet he was glad he didn't leave the keys in the car.

capt jake
11-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I thought that is what the Bilge consisted of already..a bunch of drunken old goats... :) :)

Mrleft8
11-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Probably a baaaaaaaaahd idea but you know what they say...."No goats, no glory"...

TomF
11-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I thought that is what the Bilge consisted of already..a bunch of drunken old goats... :) :)I'm not that old.

Hal Forsen
11-13-2009, 07:03 PM
And I'm not that drunk.
The night's still young tho'........ :p

http://wearemoviegeeks.com/wp-content/men-who-stare-at-goats1.jpg

paladin
11-13-2009, 10:08 PM
My former young brother in law thought that feeding beer to the kids pet "calf" was funny....olf Hershey weighed in at a bit over 2000 pounds and was still young, but like a puppy dog and followed the kids like a little puppy. Their uncle got him drunk, and instead of lifting the latch on his pen be walked right through the fence.....straight to the idiot sitting on the back porch with a six pack, and when he got up and ran for the new pick up, old Hershey chased him down....he wouldn't give him more beer so Hershey started bumping against the pickup.......To Hershey it was a little polite nudge, the metal was sorta like aluminum foil cause it cost a bunch of bucks to get fixed.....

bobbys
11-13-2009, 10:28 PM
How old are the Goats?.

I would not give a Kid Vodka!:eek:

11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
It's not the alcohol that kills, though; it's the gas. Seriously!

How true.