PDA

View Full Version : Sick for the first time in four years....

Spin_Drift
11-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Haven't gotten out of bed today. Going to the doctor in half an hour c

yesterday horrendous, deep cough started. Today a head ache with cough.

Nanoose
11-05-2009, 05:55 PM
mine started with a deep cough...bit of a sore throat...and then the fever started. Lasted 9 days. Just a bit of head ache and achy joints through there too....tiredness....I thought it was just a cold, except for the fever.....

capt jake
11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
By some descriptions, that could be the dreaded, over hyped flu. I am in my 3rd week of trying to kick it. Nothing super bad, just that annoying congestion and hacking cough.

Peerie Maa
11-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Well,
If you have aching joints it isn't Man Flu.
It is to be hoped that it is only ordinary flu, and not the nasty kind. If you are generally fit you will be OK if you are patient and do not try to do stuff before your system is ready.
Look after your self, or better yet let him earn his keep by looking after you:p

Spin_Drift
11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
It's official. I have the swine flu. HINI.

capt jake
11-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I thought so.. Hang in there, it will pass

bamamick
11-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Well dang. I am so sorry to here this, Spin. I was telling you that I had a cold? Well, this is the 7th day of my cold and although it's become bearable and I only missed one day of work, I am pretty doped up on medicine and am waking myself up several times a night coughing.

The worst part about it is that I am afraid to go visit my parents because of this mess. I just can not expose them to anything like this, so I am making due with daily phone calls.

I hope that you feel better soon, Spinner. I know you are surrounded by a loving family, and that is some pretty good medicine.

Mickey Lake

boylesboats
11-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi guys two tips that I have found work really well with all types of colds are this.

Firstly use a saline solution to wash out your nose. this will help kill any bacteria and clear out all the muck and helps reduce swelling it also stops this muck and bacteria from going to your throat and chest.
Do this in the bathroom with plenty of tissue paper available.

next use a salt water gargle to ease your throat.

I also use the old fashioned menthol crystals in hot water and inhale the steam if a cold has gone to my chest.

That is good one....

I get over my sickness quicker by wraping myself in wool blanket to "sweat it out", and drink plenty of clear liquid..
Believe it or not, for the coughs I rub Vick's Vaborub on the bottom of my feet, then put on pair of sock over it... Don't ask me how does that work, it did...