PDA

View Full Version : This is the thread

Captain Blight
11-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Where Milo and I can trade barbs without disrupting the conversations of others. Having no real wish to be rude but still feeling like picking a fight, I thought this might be a good compromise.

Your turn, you doddering senescent hapless gomer.

Tylerdurden
11-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Takes two.:)

Captain Blight
11-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Your turn, you doddering senescent hapless gomer.

Takes two.:)

*snork*

Paul Pless
11-02-2009, 01:27 PM
I thought this might be a good compromise.Maybe you should just pm him.

downthecreek
11-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Excellent idea!

My beloved nephew did a couple of years with the Peace Corps in Mali. I'm not at all sure what good the Peace Corps for the host countries (not a lot, I fear) but it is interesting for the "corpsmen and women".

Apparently, the traditional way of resolving differences in rural Mali is for the parties involved to indulge in a slanging match in front of the whole village. Each slangs the other in ever more extravagant terms until everybody is helpless with laughter.

Sounds good to me. Like I said - the "corpsmen" may (if they have anything about them) learn something. Those Malians know a thing or two, it seems, as well as being very fine musicians.

I'm not going to pretend that I've been helpless with laughter recently - or even spitting coffee on my keyboard. That would be a sad case of hyperbole. But I am sometimes quite amused..... :)

Captain Blight
11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Muscle-bound spandex wearing metrosexual?

I am wearing a cashmere V-necked sweater, it is most definitely true. On top of a T-shirt with more holes in it than republican propoganda, and above a pair of Dickies brand tan canvas carpenter's britches that are more stained than Dick Cheney's soul.

I love me some canvas pants. You know how the prostitots wear the sweatpants with "juicy" across the backside? I want to get a BeDazzler so I can write "GEEZER" in rhinestones across the rump of of my pants. I think that'd be awesome.

Oh yeah, Milo "blah blah blah OMG I am so full of testosterone bluster swagger whine" Christenson is a big poopy-head who needs to resort to online resources instead of his own brain. But, that's like, okay, I guess.

John of Phoenix
11-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I should have thought of this years ago. Damn.

LeeG
11-02-2009, 01:58 PM
I'll get some popcorn. Wait, Blight wasn't it you who proposed the week of civility?

John B
11-02-2009, 02:02 PM
*snork*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp-W5nr9N14&feature=related

Captain Blight
11-02-2009, 08:01 PM
No, the best I've got would cause you to drop what you're doing, buy a plane ticket and fly to Minneapolis to murder me. Since I don't feel like having to deal with that, this is what you get instead.

Anyway, I would submit that the rantings of my brain, however much fever'd, will stand (poopy-)head and shoulders above you C&P.

John B
11-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Geez , I post a link to Tim Conways elephant skit, and you guys are still play fighting instead of lying down crying with laughter.

Captain Blight
11-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Oh, I saw it, and laughed. But this is serious! This is a serious Bilge! Vee haff no time for zee laffink!!

John B
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
You're like siamese elephants, joined at the trunk(s).
ahhhahahahah.

Chip-skiff
11-02-2009, 09:57 PM
For messy, semi-comprehensible insults, a great source is virtually any English translation of Rabelais (Gargantua and Pantagruel) which yields such gems as "greedygut slubberdegullion."

I've always liked insults in the oldtime Farsi/Arabic tradition: thy father was a starving dog, and fathered by one, and uncountable goats and camels pissed in thy mother's milk, to yield a remarkable visage such as thine own.

johnw
11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Excellent idea!

My beloved nephew did a couple of years with the Peace Corps in Mali. I'm not at all sure what good the Peace Corps for the host countries (not a lot, I fear) but it is interesting for the "corpsmen and women".

Apparently, the traditional way of resolving differences in rural Mali is for the parties involved to indulge in a slanging match in front of the whole village. Each slangs the other in ever more extravagant terms until everybody is helpless with laughter.

Sounds good to me. Like I said - the "corpsmen" may (if they have anything about them) learn something. Those Malians know a thing or two, it seems, as well as being very fine musicians.

I'm not going to pretend that I've been helpless with laughter recently - or even spitting coffee on my keyboard. That would be a sad case of hyperbole. But I am sometimes quite amused..... :)

In the US it's called 'playing the dozens' -- low-value slaves were sold by the 'dozens' prior to the Civil War. It's nice to see how African customs live on among their descendants.

In the immortal words of the sadly deceased George Carlin, "You wanna play the dozens?/Well the dozens is a game/But the way I (THIS WORD CANNOT APPEAR ON THIS WEBSITE) your mother/Is a goddamned shame."

Stan D
11-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Can the new guy get in on this?

Although, the only thing that comes to mind is Monty Python.

"You Father was a hamster, and your Mother smelled of elderberries".

coelacanth2
11-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes, but who will fart in who's general direction? Who will be pissed upon from a considerable height? Inquiring minds will want to know! Now, go away, both of you, before I taunt you again!

johnw
11-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Damn Frenchies.