PDA

View Full Version : Fox bows to Whitehouse pressure.

Tom Hoffman
10-27-2009, 06:22 PM
In response to Barack Obama's complaint that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network, FOX has announced they will now air " America 's Most Wanted" TWICE a week. :D

oznabrag
10-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Nothing like a little mildly racist humor to start off a Tuesday evening.:(

brad9798
10-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I'll second Doug's comment.

VERY funny, actually!!

:D

(now let's stop crying the race card and move on with our lives ... it was a JOKE folks!)

Captain Blight
10-27-2009, 08:09 PM
I'll second Doug's comment.

VERY funny, actually!!

:D

(now let's stop crying the race card and move on with our lives ... it was a JOKE folks!)Yeah... It was a RACIST joke.

Not funny.

So... Tom... how long have you felt superior to the brown people on the planet? This a new thing, or has it been a lifelong goal of yours to act like a total bigoted douchebag on the Internet?

JimD
10-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I was really hoping 'Cops' could have shot an episode where Bernie Madoff would be apprehended shirtless, sitting on a curb, stoned and drooling, incapable of resistance even if he wanted to.

Captain Blight
10-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Be even funnier if it was a GSG9 team raiding the Rumsfeld compound. That would be too funny for words. I'd have a smile on my phiz for weeks if that happened.

Kaa
10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah... It was a RACIST joke.

Not funny.

Most jokes poke fun at someone.

Yeah, it was funny :-)

Kaa

Jim Bow
10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
1. I don't recall Barack ever making a statement such as that.

2. Fox shows plenty of Black and Hispanic faces every time them show the combat troops in Afghanistan.

ripley699
10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
That was FUNNY !!!!!!

The only reason anyone thinks it is not funny is because it is true

Milo Christensen
10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Be even funnier if it was a GSG9 team raiding the Rumsfeld compound. . .

You get off on thoughts of German anti-terrorist police swat squads operating in America often? Or are you just more stoned tonight than usual, J.R.?

Phillip Allen
10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah... It was a RACIST joke.

Not funny.

So... Tom... how long have you felt superior to the brown people on the planet? This a new thing, or has it been a lifelong goal of yours to act like a total bigoted douchebag on the Internet?

this is a good example of the same left-handed thinking that tells me that the only reason I have a gun is because I want to shoot someone...

Glen Longino
10-27-2009, 08:45 PM
That was FUNNY !!!!!!

The only reason anyone thinks it is not funny is because it is true

It's not true, stupid!
The only reason you think it's funny is because you're a neo-con racist bigot like Hoffman!:D:D:D

Phillip Allen
10-27-2009, 08:51 PM
It's not true, stupid!
The only reason you think it's funny is because you're a neo-con racist bigot like Hoffman!:D:D:D

speaking for ell-jay are we? (passable imitation)

Glen Longino
10-27-2009, 10:07 PM

I was just trying to be funny like Hoffman!
Haaaaaaaaar!:D:D
El Jay can drive you nuts without my help!:rolleyes:

WX
10-27-2009, 11:01 PM
(now let's stop crying the race card and move on with our lives ... it was a JOKE folks!)
Actually it's a perception. If it is true, you have to ask yourself...why?

ljb5
10-27-2009, 11:06 PM

Leave me out of this.

If someone else calls you stupid, it's not because he's imitating me; it's because he's come to the same conclusion I have.

You'd be better served to ask why Glen has come to that conclusion, rather than assume it's my fault.

James McMullen
10-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Tom Hoffman, you aren't funny in my book. That "joke" was racist and bigoted--and worst of all, not particularly funny. Come to think of it, I don't recall being much amused or entertained by anything you've posted yet, amigo. Time to add you to the ignore list, I think.

I, Rowboat
10-27-2009, 11:34 PM
What are we to think of a guy who can't even live up to the limited standards of the Bilge, anyways?

bobbys
10-28-2009, 12:10 AM
In response to Barack Obama's complaint that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network, FOX has announced they will now air " America 's Most Wanted" TWICE a week. :D.

Im not gonna laugh as im PC.

You should have known the libs would have hated this "joke".

The only thing that tickles there funny bones is jokes about teen daughters being knocked up told by dirty old men.

Or Maybe Jerry Falwell dieing so they can jitterbug on his grave..

Or somebody throwing shoes at our President..

Dick Cheney having heart trouble is good for a real kneejerker.

Phillip Allen
10-28-2009, 09:00 AM
of course Obama hasn't complained...I knew that and you should have taken that as a clue to the joke...how is "racist" different from red neck, southern, norski, aggie, Texas, Californian or any other joke that denigrates an identifiable set of people...including democrats and republicans?

I'll answer that...it's not

It is a terrible thing to have an agenda driven sense of non-humor...especially when the agenda is set by a remote committee

mmd
10-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Tough audience...

Captain Blight
10-28-2009, 09:39 AM
(1)It's not about some poorly-defined "political correctness" to think a dumb, unfunny joke about blacks and Hispanicks isn't funny and is dumb, AND racist tsaboot. As Mr Bernstein mentioned above, some of us have a low tolerance for racism, no matter how "humorous" the OP thinks it is. You know what's the best thing to do with a WASP? KILL IT DEAD BY CRUSHING IT!! Oh, how funny. Oh, the humor. Yeah.

Milo, quit using my name in every other post you make. Yes, i think the idea of German anti-terrorist squads operating in America to bring war criminals to justice IS a stitch, whaddaya gonna do about it? And no, I haven't touched The Reefer in some months. So put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, Tons-Of-Fun.

brad9798
10-28-2009, 09:51 AM
It's still funny ... regardless of the double-standard displayed by many on this thread!

Yet blighty finds it okay to tell Milo:

Joe. Is. NOT. A. Loser. You. Fat. F*(%.

Start putting thicker panes in the roofs of those glass houses, guys! :D

:)
__________________________________________________ _

Not you, though, Norman ... at least you are consistent! :)

bobbys
10-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm a liberal and I saw the humor in it. I also think gay jokes are funny. I get most of those from gay friends. I also own guns and hunt, drive a 4x4 pickup, and detest drug use. Maybe you aren't as PC as you profess since you find it so easy to pigeonhole entire groups of people.

Doug.

What brand of truck?.

Canoeyawl
10-28-2009, 11:25 AM
How can someone without a heart have "heart trouble"?

bobbys
10-28-2009, 11:28 AM
It's a totally redneck F-150 gas hog and I shoot critters out the window if I can't run'em down with the truck:p

Doug.

Well then i dont mind accepting rebukes from you, I had hoped you were a Dodge Man but a Ford works in a pinch:D

isla
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Well that certainly brought the nazis out of the shadows. Hey guys have you heard the one about the n1gg3r and the k1ke? Ho ho ho ROFL..jeez why don't you grow up you morons :mad:

David G
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
That joke was offensive. It is offensive on a lot of levels, and in a lot of ways.

It was also funny.

It's entirely possible for something to be both funny and socially perverse.

Tom Hoffman
10-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I find it strangely telling by the amount of race hate speach directed at this post by the "liberal" side. They purport to not be racist, yet it is strange that they protest the loudest. They do all in their power to keep race at the center of the issue. The "WAR" on poverty has been going on now for 50 years or is it 60 years. Yet we have ever more poor people added to the rolls. They just can't seem to get out of poverty. I don't believe despite the retorick that conservatives have ever been against personal initiative or giving a helping hand. Most conservatives are against giving hand outs to people just want some of that "Obama" money.

It is time for the Government policey to demand that able bodied americans work for their bread and keep.

The liberal view point seems to be just the opposite. "They need our help, they are not capable of helping themselves." I would tend to agree, after 50-60 years of government largess, they don't have a clue about how to help themselves. The problem is that Government sponsored help, does everything to keep them dependent on the Government to the point that Social Welfare Workers are on the street daily trying to enroll more and more so they can keep their job. It's not about helping the poor get a better life. It is about keeping them poor so the Govenment has a reason for being. Every social welfare program has been a failure.

The Government is incapable of helping any one. Individuals can help and that is the way it should be.

When was the last time "YOU" really helped a neighbor and didn't expect for some kind of pay back. Sorry, I guess that is a Christian principle. Wouldn't want to offend any Atheists or Agnostics. I guess that is not a fair comparrison either. I know some of both and they are not afraid to get their hands dirty and help when called upon. Shoot some of them even take the initiative and help some one with out being asked.

Stop sitting back and letting the Government throw more money at the problem.

I keep seeing references to the failure of the Administration about the failure of the Kartina situation. It wasn't a National Government failure. They threw the appropriate amount of money at it. It was a failure of the people who lived there, and their lack of spirit of self sufficiency that has been killed by Government welfare state. People have to help them selves and their neighbors and not sit around and wait for a hand out.

I can understand the reason for the crime rate. Young people of all races don't want to be relegated to living on $600-$900 a month on poverty Social welfare hand outs. They turn to crime. They went to school, but most of the Government schools are places of failure not success. Another liberal group the NEA seems to want to keep it like that.

The poor want good schools and teachers too. But our dear Government won't let them choose where to send their kids, they have to send them to the same failing schools in their neighborhoods in an effort to keep poor teachers empolyed. If the teachers were any good there, the kids would be OK, this is not a limited to ghettos, here in Iowa our schools that use to lead the nation are for the most part only Graduating 60% and most of those only have attendance certificates. There are exceptions, but not many.

oznabrag
10-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I find it strangely telling by the amount of race hate speach directed at this post by the "liberal" side...Blah, blah, blah...

If you want to understand poverty, stop blaming the poor, and look at our government's policies concerning the redistribution of wealth FROM the poor TO the rich.

Captain Blight
10-28-2009, 06:12 PM
I find it strangely telling by the amount of race hate speach directed at this post by the "liberal" side. They purport to not be racist, yet it is strange that they protest the loudest. They do all in their power to keep race at the center of the issue. The "WAR" on poverty has been going on now for 50 years or is it 60 years. Yet we have ever more poor people added to the rolls. They just can't seem to get out of poverty. I don't believe despite the retorick that conservatives have ever been against personal initiative or giving a helping hand. Most conservatives are against giving hand outs to people just want some of that "Obama" money.

It is time for the Government policey to demand that able bodied americans work for their bread and keep.

The liberal view point seems to be just the opposite. "They need our help, they are not capable of helping themselves." I would tend to agree, after 50-60 years of government largess, they don't have a clue about how to help themselves. The problem is that Government sponsored help, does everything to keep them dependent on the Government to the point that Social Welfare Workers are on the street daily trying to enroll more and more so they can keep their job. It's not about helping the poor get a better life. It is about keeping them poor so the Govenment has a reason for being. Every social welfare program has been a failure.

The Government is incapable of helping any one. Individuals can help and that is the way it should be.

When was the last time "YOU" really helped a neighbor and didn't expect for some kind of pay back. Sorry, I guess that is a Christian principle. Wouldn't want to offend any Atheists or Agnostics. I guess that is not a fair comparrison either. I know some of both and they are not afraid to get their hands dirty and help when called upon. Shoot some of them even take the initiative and help some one with out being asked.

Stop sitting back and letting the Government throw more money at the problem.

I keep seeing references to the failure of the Administration about the failure of the Kartina situation. It wasn't a National Government failure. They threw the appropriate amount of money at it. It was a failure of the people who lived there, and their lack of spirit of self sufficiency that has been killed by Government welfare state. People have to help them selves and their neighbors and not sit around and wait for a hand out.

I can understand the reason for the crime rate. Young people of all races don't want to be relegated to living on $600-$900 a month on poverty Social welfare hand outs. They turn to crime. They went to school, but most of the Government schools are places of failure not success. Another liberal group the NEA seems to want to keep it like that.

The poor want good schools and teachers too. But our dear Government won't let them choose where to send their kids, they have to send them to the same failing schools in their neighborhoods in an effort to keep poor teachers empolyed. If the teachers were any good there, the kids would be OK, this is not a limited to ghettos, here in Iowa our schools that use to lead the nation are for the most part only Graduating 60% and most of those only have attendance certificates. There are exceptions, but not many.

Wow.

Phillip Allen
10-28-2009, 06:16 PM
more leading by example, blighty?

John Smith
10-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Ok, that was funny. Really, really bad, but funny.

Doug
Yes, it was.

BarnacleGrim
10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm anything but PC, but I still didn't think it was the least bit funny.

David G
10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Mr Hoffman,

You went from a funny - if offensive - joke, to a rant. The contents of this rant makes me wonder if the libs weren't correct to question whether your post was just edgy fun... or was, instead, backhanded racism.

This latest post contains several slivers of truth... but they are so inundated by cant and awash in muddy thinking that one doesn't even know where to begin. I fear for your soul, sir. I think you've bought into the brainwashing from the conservative talk radio/blog set. Swallowing the dogma they preach is a sure way to confusion and disfuntion (just as is swallowing the dogma from the far left). I suggest you start your intellectual rehabilitation by finding some moderate left sources and looking for things you can agree with them on. Really look. Then see which things you really, really disagree with. Then find some more things you agree on. Start with the assumption that they are just as likely to be correct as you are. Then think critically. What is the actual evidence? Educate yourself broadly. Question the sources from both sides. Question, above all, your assumptions.

I'm not just ranting at you. I think you're a good fellow who's been victimized. I think (and here I have to agree with tylerdurden) that most of us have been mis-informed, ill-used, brainwashed, manipulated, and confused. It doesn't have to be that way. In fact, it will only be that way to the extent that we lazily allow it to be. Information is available. Critical thinking can be learned and practiced. I would urge each person to do so.

Rant ends.

jack grebe
10-28-2009, 06:31 PM
In response to Barack Obama's complaint that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network,
Now that is racist ...................

When will people learn that character has nothing to do with
skin pigmentation..........

pefjr
10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
[quote=Tom Hoffman;2367048]bla, bla, bla.

quote]Yeah, yeah, yeah, but the Hawkeyes are undefeated. And rated 4th in the nation. How about that?:D

James McMullen
10-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Good on you, David G. That was well put.

bobbys
10-29-2009, 01:40 PM
In response to Barack Obama's complaint that FOX News doesn't show enough Black and Hispanic people on their network, FOX has announced they will now air " America 's Most Wanted" TWICE a week. :D.

I dunno see you owning a NFL team anytime soon......

ChaseKenyon
10-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Back in the 60's I used to go to the city, Hartford,CT to get all my skis and other sporting goods. Old mister Sobel (about 80+ years old) had a tiny sports shop under the elevated tracks and the train terminal. It had about 20 ft of store front but inside it kept going and going back. Skis and all kinds of things hung from the ceiling and upper walls above the 8ft high shelves and such. He had an old (70 yrs +) tall (6'6" ) skinny black man who would retrieve stuff that was too high for little old Mr. S.

They would have you in stiches telling black and Jewish jokes. :D I once asked them aren't you being "racist"?

Both of them told me when you can't laugh at your own culture and ethnics then you are a racist even if it is a "reverse racist".

I do belive they were correct. so did my father. I get the most laughs out of Scottish adn NDN jokes. :D

Like the 'N" word I and many others have a bit of a problem with the term Prairie "N".

Like I said, I have a problem with it.:eek:

Chase,
(Enisi Waya Dekanogi)

pefjr
10-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Back in the 60's I used to go to the city, Hartford,CT to get all my skis and other sporting goods. Old mister Sobel (about 80+ years old) had a tiny sports shop under the elevated tracks and the train terminal. It had about 20 ft of store front but inside it kept going and going back. Skis and all kinds of things hung from the ceiling and upper walls above the 8ft high shelves and such. He had an old (70 yrs +) tall (6'6" ) skinny black man who would retrieve stuff that was too high for little old Mr. S.

They would have you in stiches telling black and Jewish jokes. :D I once asked them aren't you being "racist"?
Both of them told me when you can't laugh at your own culture and ethnics then you are a racist even if it is a "reverse racist".

I do belive they were correct. so did my father. I get the most laughs out of Scottish adn NDN jokes. :D

Like the 'N" word I and many others have a bit of a problem with the term Prairie "N".

Like I said, I have a problem with it.:eek:

Chase,
(Enisi Waya Dekanogi)

Now this is funny. As I remember You are the one that jumped all over me for tellin a Chinese Torture joke, a few months ago. You changed your mind now? :D

Captain Blight
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Pef, do you get a good deal of enjoyment out of going around pointing out other people's inconsistencies? Do you actually gain anything by this? Only it's three separate threads I've seen you do this in today, and it make me wonder.

Captain Blight
10-29-2009, 05:59 PM
I use compost tea, specifically tea made with Eelgrass compost (which takes 2 years to produce) to fight blight. It works very well. This year, Late Blight has done a real job on Tomatoes around here, but I haven't had any.

Be warned.
I was nowhere near your 'maters, Donn, I wouldn't deprive anyone of the simple joy of home-grown tomatoes.

ChaseKenyon
10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
pefjr wrote:

Now this is funny. As I remember You are the one that jumped all over me for tellin a Chinese Torture joke, a few months ago. You changed your mind now? :D

You got me on that one I remember no such thing.
On the other hand it is not out side the realm of possibilities.

I do usually subscribe to the concept of ethnic jokes as OK and that the best are always from within. My blond wife comes up with the best blond jokes ever.

If I said anything that was upsetting or derogatory to you personally I apologize.

Contrary to some of the folks here in the bilge who I never see posting above decks, I do not as a rule disparage or deride folks personally. Their ideas on the other hand are always fair game as are mine.

Several of these folks have taken it upon themselves to diss me and my background and my person on a regular basis in spite of the fact that they supposedly have me on ignore.

That is fine with me. I am always open to calm discussion and anyone's input to the greater knowledge base.

If I did jump on you about a joke I hope I did it about the joke and not you personally.;)

Chase.

pefjr
10-29-2009, 06:28 PM
pefjr wrote:

You got me on that one I remember no such thing.
On the other hand it is not out side the realm of possibilities.

I do usually subscribe to the concept of ethnic jokes as OK and that the best are always from within. My blond wife comes up with the best blond jokes ever.

If I said anything that was upsetting or derogatory to you personally I apologize.

Contrary to some of the folks here in the bilge who I never see posting above decks, I do not as a rule disparage or deride folks personally. Their ideas on the other hand are always fair game as are mine.

Several of these folks have taken it upon themselves to diss me and my background and my person on a regular basis in spite of the fact that they supposedly have me on ignore.

That is fine with me. I am always open to calm discussion and anyone's input to the greater knowledge base.

If I did jump on you about a joke I hope I did it about the joke and not you personally.;)

Chase.No worry, forgetaboutit:)