PDA

View Full Version : copper and magnetic bracelets 'useless' hahaha

jonboy
10-16-2009, 12:19 PM
A recent study by University of York has shown there is no advantage whatsoever in arthritis sufferers wearing copper or magnetised bracelets and wrist bands........

What they didn't report though was the proven efficacy of copper bracelets preventing leg fractures
I broke my left leg and then my left ankle in 1976 and '77 and was told to wear a copper bracelet to avoid unpleasant arthritic side effects associated with fractures.... In the last 33 years I haven't broken a leg !!!! What do these scientists know ? Huh ?

Robert L.
10-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Well dang, that explains it. I don't wear copper bracelets and I have broken just about everything. I don't stuff carrots up my nose either, I wonder what kind of problems that has caused over the years. How about some accountability here, what else are those deceptive atheist science frauds keeping from us?

240sxguy
10-16-2009, 01:55 PM
The mind is sometimes stronger than the body folks! Placebos DO "work" for some people. Even if its just the idea of success.

Keith Wilson
10-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Placebos work surprisingly well in many cases. There's an excellent reason they test new medicines against placebos, with nobody involved knowing which is which.

Hey didja know that copper bracelets are also amazingly effective at preventing rattlesnake bites and attacks by man-eating tigers? In the 33 years you've been wearing the thing, have you even once been bitten by a rattlesnake or attacked by a tiger? See? :D

Gonzalo
10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Copper is in the amalgam in my teeth, and I haven't been struck by a meteorite in over 57 years. I shudder at the fate of those without fillings.

Robert L.
10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Hey didja know that copper bracelets are also amazingly effective at preventing rattlesnake bites and attacks by man-eating tigers? In the 33 years you've been wearing the thing, have you even once been bitten by a rattlesnake or attacked by a tiger?

What about bears, do they stop bears? I wasn't wearing one the day I got run over and stomped by three bears. OK they weren't big bears, no momma or poppa, and there was no clawing or biting and it didn't hurt as much as being stepped on by a bull elk, but they were about 150 lbs each and very enthusiastic. Do you think I should have been wearing a copper bracelet then?

Not making fun of people who get comfort from placebos, wish they would work for me. What I don't respect are the people who push or promote them for their own self gain without consideration of the potential damage they may be causing. About the only people I make fun of are chiropractors, certain types of psychiatrists (not psychologists), marketing types, self help gurus... Hmmm!!! OK maybe I should stop there. But just so that everybody knows I don't disrespect professional telephone sanitizers.

Gonzalo
10-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Do you think I should have been wearing a copper bracelet then? Getcher teeth filled. It works just as well. I've never been attacked by bears.

Phillip Allen
10-16-2009, 07:11 PM
my ex grandmother-in-law wore that sort of stuff...someday I'll intertain you guys with Granny Woods stories...a neat old lady if there ever was one (like her tailess cow...

peter radclyffe
10-16-2009, 11:44 PM
sailors who wear them dont get electrolysis
so they must do some good