PDA

View Full Version : Back from AT

cs
10-11-2009, 09:21 PM
That's Annual Training for those that don't know. It was a long 3-1/2 weeks and I'm worn out. I'll be back there shortly, but for now I'm back at the house.

While at AT I received a coin from the Squadron CSM and also got one from the Regiment CSM and rumor has it that I will be getting an ARCOM.

Chad

Paul Girouard
10-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Congrats, I think , CSM Command Sgt. Major? ARCOM, A award , a advancement , a title ???

This coin is a good thing I'd guess?

Just think what 10 or 12 months in country will be like ole man !:eek:

elf
10-11-2009, 09:44 PM
My condolences.

cs
10-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Yes the CSM is the Command Sgt Major.

The ARCOM is the Army Commendation Medal.

The coins are a personal award from whomever and is paid for out of their pocket.

Chad

Paul Girouard
10-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Ah I see . Congrats indeed , elf can go $hit in her hat eh!

Maybe that will help you put 9 on? Your a 8 right?

cs
10-11-2009, 10:11 PM
No just a 7, but #2 on the state wide list for 8.

Chad

bobbys
10-11-2009, 10:17 PM
That's Annual Training for those that don't know. It was a long 3-1/2 weeks and I'm worn out. I'll be back there shortly, but for now I'm back at the house.

While at AT I received a coin from the Squadron CSM and also got one from the Regiment CSM and rumor has it that I will be getting an ARCOM.

Chad.

Congrats Although i was not in the service my neighbor was the Top Sergeant at the National Guard here and i got to know all the guys there, I know thats a big deal to get from the Sgt. Congrats.

Paul Girouard
10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
No just a 7, but #2 on the state wide list for 8.

Jeesh I get that wrong every time , they should just advance you to 8 so I'm right:D

It has something to do with when you filled that "Top Sgt" job I think.

When does the board meet? Or when do they make the selections for advancement? Before you deploy? Be nice to deploy as a 8! Tax free $$$!

I'm pull-in for ya. So keep your stick on the ice.

Red Green sayings eh.

BrianW
10-11-2009, 10:44 PM
"Just a 7"

Very funny, as an E-7 is a big deal in both the Army and the Coast Guard (in other words, land and sea Services.) Most officers don't screw with E-7s, unless they are the CO.

Congrats on the Army Commendation Medal!

Paul Girouard
10-11-2009, 11:09 PM
"Just a 7"

Very funny, as an E-7 is a big deal in both the Army and the Coast Guard (in other words, land and sea Services.) Most officers don't screw with E-7s, unless they are the CO.

Congrats on the Army Commendation Medal!

Navy as well , CPO Chief Petty Officer, used to be the point a white hat would "Put in Khaki" no more :( They now have a E-6 and below Khaki uniform along with a "piss cutter" campaign style hat. Which also was for E-7 and above , yes the zero's worn / wear Khaki and could also wear the piss cutter.

But yes E-7 in the USN used to be a "big deal". Not sure with these recent changes if thats is still the case.

Chicks on ships and now this:mad: Glad I'm no longer a active duty squid !

Sorry for the drift Chad.

But it seemed to fit, with B-dub's post.

seanz
10-11-2009, 11:31 PM

Chad

Dammit man! Speak English!

:D

Sounds like it all went swimmingly........
:)

purri
10-12-2009, 02:24 AM
He's talking abt the food chain.

cs
10-12-2009, 06:54 AM
In the Army an E-7 (SGT First Class) is also a big deal. I tend to try and downplay it a bit, but E-7 is where you become one of the Senior NCO's.

Fortunately the rest of the E7's in my troop that bug me are junior to me. LOL I've already had to pull the platoon SGT's aside a couple of times and brief them on how things work. We all work together good, I'm just glad they are junior to me. Only the operations NCO and the Motor SGT (not counting top) outrank me, and we all know that LT's are just overpaid E4's. ;) I've already briefed one LT on how to make a decision, right or wrong, and go with it. Indecision can get people killed, and that is what I told him.

As a senior NCO it is my duty to not only set the standard, but to exceed it. Sometimes that can be a tough row to hoe, but that is okay also, that is why I get more money. :D

I've can't remember to many times that I have worked so hard in 3-1/2 weeks, with no break. I averaged about 5 hours sleep a day, on a cot in the orderly room, gotta sleep with my sensitive items you know. My days usually ended around 2200 or 2300 hours and my first report was due at 0500, so you can do the math, I'm too tired to do it. Some days I didn't even have time to make coffee and I haven't trained my section yet to have it made for me.

Now from what I understand all E7's and above have to buy a Stetson. I need to look at getting one, just as long as they don't make me wear those faggot boots. LOL BTW we are Calv now and we do what the ^%$* we want, at least according to the Col.

But it felt real good to get coins from both the Sqd and Reg. CSM at the same formation. Coins mean nothing for promotion points, they are more of a feel good thing.

About promotions in the Guard you have to wait for a position to come available and like I said I'm #2 on the list. It would be great to make MSG prior to leaving.

Chad

Mrleft8
10-12-2009, 07:57 AM
I figured you'd been hiking the Appalachan Trail..... Like that South Carolina Govenor... :D

cs
10-12-2009, 07:26 PM
I must have missed that one. Whats that about?

Chad

Mrleft8
10-13-2009, 08:15 AM
I must have missed that one. Whats that about?

Chad

SC Gov. was MIA for a week or something. His staff said he was out hiking the Appalachian Trail (AT). Turns out he was really down in Argentina canoodling his mistress...:rolleyes:

cs
10-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Okay I do remember that. But no that wasn't me.

Chad

bamamick
10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
My dad told me when I was a kid to do whatever I was doing as well as I could do it, and Chadster, it sounds as if you also live by that code. Congratulations on the awards and such, but more importantly, it must be a terrific feeling to get such respect from the guys you work with and for. Well done, old buddy.

Mickey Lake