PDA

View Full Version : Cast another vote for Obama...

BrianW
10-11-2009, 12:06 AM
He won the Peace Prize in twelve days. The theory being he'll live up to it. So why not the Heisman?

Vote here, vote often...

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contests/theheismanvote/2009/index

Paul Pless
10-11-2009, 12:07 AM
lol

Paul Girouard
10-11-2009, 12:21 AM
He could be the MVP of this years World Series, didn't he take some credit for the White Sox's pitcher throwin that perfect game right around / just before the All-Star break?

He's got game yanno!

Just think with a full years he could lock on the next 3 Nobel's.

Did anyone hear the very first announcement of his Nobel , the one in Norwegian I believe?

A local radio station I listen to in the AM on my drive to work , KZOK a FM one not the AM talk shows some may be thinking about:rolleyes:.

Anyway that first morning they played a clip of that very first announcement , and the crowd upon hearing the winners name let out a groan of WTF . Pretty funny no one else reported this , that I've heard.

Not even FOX which kind of surprises me that they haven't found it yet.

seanz
10-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Which Oscar do you think he's going to get?
It's OK to say more than one.
:)

bobbys
10-11-2009, 01:03 AM
This will put an end to the Bush tyranny and oppression of the Heisman trophy, Finally i can be proud to be a football fan again, Hope and change is what in voting for.!

John Smith
10-11-2009, 09:01 AM
While I appreciate the humor of this thread, I suspect what the poster of this thread fails to appreciate is that, under our former president, our foreign policy was to pre-emptively invade other sovereign nations, treat those who failed to support us with disdain (freedom fries), and ignore those we don't like as if that would make them go away.

We now have a president, who, even before he was elected, talked to the rest of the world as if they're adults. He is engagining in diplomatic efforts and tallking to those nations Bush ignored and has changed the world's view of our country for the better.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#33249779

Paul Pless
10-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Are you really sure that you appreciate the humor of this thread?

George Jung
10-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Hehe.... ornery cusses, all of ya!

pefjr
10-11-2009, 09:24 AM
He could be the MVP of this years World Series, didn't he take some credit for the White Sox's pitcher throwin that perfect game right around / just before the All-Star break?

He's got game yanno!

Just think with a full years he could lock on the next 3 Nobel's.

Did anyone hear the very first announcement of his Nobel , the one in Norwegian I believe?

A local radio station I listen to in the AM on my drive to work , KZOK a FM one not the AM talk shows some may be thinking about:rolleyes:.

Anyway that first morning they played a clip of that very first announcement , and the crowd upon hearing the winners name let out a groan of WTF . Pretty funny no one else reported this , that I've heard.

Not even FOX which kind of surprises me that they haven't found it yet.I heard it and they quickly muffled it. But the echo was heard around the world. :D:D

John Smith
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Only an idiot is every sure of anyting, and I'm sure of that:D

LeeG
10-11-2009, 09:30 AM

It is kind of hard to appreciate given the doublespeak that was normal under chickenhawks. Invading a country without plan or resources to secure it is a liberation. Defense is hegemonic war. Winning hearts and minds is ignoring millions of refugees.

George Jung
10-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Hmmm.... if only the Committee was able to find a way, any way, to create controversy, and promote dialogue, on some of the worlds most pressing issues.... and for not much money.

If only...

BrianW
10-11-2009, 11:09 AM

Some folks have no Obama humor.