PDA

View Full Version : Chris-O-Matic

Larry Glover
07-07-2002, 02:44 PM
I have a 1955 Chris Craft with Chris-O-Matic controls for the Paragon gear reduction units. 1. Does it damage a gear reduction unit to operate the Chris-O-Matic actuators with the engine off? 2. Does it burn the ignition points since the ignition switch must be on?

Larry Exum
07-11-2002, 08:51 AM
Well, I guess, everyone was still hungover from the July Fourth long weekend, so None answered you. OR, it could be that none of us knew the answer and did not want to wander into the Stupidity Village. Sorry to say I have no answer for you either, as I have not a clue, as to a Chris O Matic ( Does it slice and dice ?).

Maybe someone will awaken from their fog and give you an answer this week. Good Luck.

Larry

Mr. Know It All
07-11-2002, 09:18 AM
Larry.....Here in Ohio we are lucky enough to have Bruce Hamann and his son Chris of Lakeland Auto & Marine for questions like yours. Since I can't answer your question myself, I'll pass on their web site to you, in the hopes that they will be able to help you. Give em a call or e-mail them. They will know what you are talking about.

http://www.lakelandautomarine.com/

Peace---> Kevin in Ohio

Mr. Know It All
07-11-2002, 09:27 AM
Larry......Tom King has put together this web site for Chris Craft owners. It has FREE downloadable Chris Craft manuals. Definately worth a look---->

http://ccmanuals.crosswinds.net/

Peace----> Kevin in Ohio

Alan D. Hyde
07-11-2002, 10:31 AM
Good site, Kevin.

Thanks.

Alan

nedL
07-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Considering the "Chris-O-Matic" was never very popular (we used to hear more about their problems than anything else)I'll bet that most people here are still wondering if it slices & dices or what. I understand your question, but sorry to say I have have never had the pleasure of having to deal with one. I would suspect that if as you say the ignition needs to be in the on position to shift you do risk burning the points if the engine is not running (as with all traditional coil, point & condensor ignition systems).