PDA

View Full Version : Blog Oppinion

Joe (SoCal)
10-06-2009, 09:00 AM
http://fosterhere.blogspot.com

Let me know what you think

It's pretty easy not sure if I like the design yet. Some people don't like the black but I've tried the other provided formats and none said Joe (CSOH) like basic black ;). But I'm still fiddling with it. But as blogging goes its pretty easy.

One problem I encountered already is obviously I had a Tyler stalker who started to post nasty crap so I had to set the parameters so that no comments could be posted without my approval :( Kinda sucks since it diminishes the instant feedback that I was hoping for. It's a shame some people take such time to do such things, but anyway problem solved.

Mrleft8
10-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Whatever :rolleyes:

;)

Joe (SoCal)
10-06-2009, 09:07 AM
;) :D

It truly is amazing how that little comment I started using really affected people. I received lots of PM's and emails about it. Funny how a single well used word can hit the mark so well. ;)

Mrleft8
10-06-2009, 09:08 AM
The black doesn't bother me, but I think fuschia is more "you"....:D

Popeye
10-06-2009, 09:10 AM
black works

Jim Ledger
10-06-2009, 09:12 AM
;) :D

It truly is amazing how that little comment I started using really affected people. I received lots of PM's and emails about it. Funny how a single well used word can hit the mark so well. ;)

It's awesome. If you want to sound like a pouty teenage girl, it totally nails it. :D

Russ Manheimer
10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Joe,

Unfortunately you need to screen comments otherwise you'll get nothing but Spam. WordPress does an excelent job of screening such stuff. Imagine Blogger does as well. Have fun.

Russ

Paul Pless
10-06-2009, 10:23 AM
I liked it better when you live blogged us directly in the bilge.;)
It's awesome. If you want to sound like a pouty teenage girl, it totally nails it. :D> :D

bobbys
10-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Joe Its fantastic, I wuz spellbound by your adventures, Having labs i like your dawg, Good start with your blog.

Dont take any criticism Others tawk about it but you DO it!!!.

Years ago my friend had a boat in NYACK..

Very nice place

huisjen
10-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Stay with black until you can get it in infrared. ;)

Dan

Paul Pless
10-06-2009, 11:26 AM
failing electric magenta, maybe fuschia . . .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_b3jAYE-FL0Q/SstJeYg-4qI/AAAAAAAAABo/Qocu3RYrVvo/s320/photo.jpg

Popeye
10-06-2009, 11:28 AM
try buse

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
10-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Coming along well - I'll take content over style any day but...

WoB is a bit high-contrast for my taste, and I'm no fan of san-serif body text, sure it looked cool in 1978, but that was some time back.

Yeadon
10-06-2009, 11:56 AM
It's what you say that's important, not so much the background color.

rbgarr
10-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Re your back:

Have you got health insurance, even the subsidized COBRA? If you go that way be sure your former company sends you the forms to sign for COBRA and the subsidy (different forms) and sends them in. I think you've got sixty days.

Congress is now talking about extending the COBRA subsidy beyond December when it's scheduled to cease.

willmarsh3
10-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I looked at it last night. I liked the Dutch boats and I'm glad that Lucky is still able to enjoy the sail.

As far as blog comments go if there's a way to approve those members to be able to leave comments or ban them then controlling it per member would probably work fine rather than having to approve each comment. I had to do this for the ElverBuilders group to keep out spam.

Garth Jones
10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Joe - I've always liked your stories about Lucky and Tidbit and I'm glad you found a new home on blogger. FWIW, I like the new site just fine!

Cheers,
Garth

rbgarr
11-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Keeping a blog going can be hard.... ;)

http://i46.tinypic.com/8xqvya.jpg

Just kidding, Joe. Too bad the sailing season is closing down, isn't it?

D