PDA

View Full Version : On starting a "LAT" relationship

Wild Dingo
10-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I was talking to this really good German female friend the other night and she bought up something in the midst of the conversation she referred to as "LAT" relationship but due to several factors never really cleared it up for me

Now Ive heard of relationships called "Friends with benefits" but not "LAT"

Her passing comment as she left was that it meant "Living Apart Together"... so Im sorta wondering if anyone has a clear picture of what shes aiming at without saying it directly?... and yeah I could just wait till she gets back from Halls Creek where shes working for a month to ask her but thought as this is an international forum and I know theres German and Dutch people here maybe they could clear it up for me

Id sure like to be on the right track when she gets back and we talk next!! :eek:

And yes Im ready to move on finally... if this is what Im sorta thinking it is then its almost certain I will :cool: if however if its meaning a permanent one on one relationship similar to marriage it wont happen... and then I could be WAY WAY off track with my thinking!!

I am totally enjoying my freedom and being alone and have no interest in a permanent relationship with anyone at this time.

SamSam
10-01-2009, 07:48 PM
I haven't even read it, but this must be it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_apart_together

Wild Dingo
10-01-2009, 07:56 PM
mmmm... okay that seems to be what she was on about... mmm will have to give it more thought... thanks sam :cool:

yep Margo no doubt Im gonna be over thinking this one!! ;) :D

bobbys
10-01-2009, 08:01 PM
It is short for Latin Lover, I must warn you though theres a lot of pressure involved with this, You must play a Flamingo guitar and sing Besame Mucho and wear tight bullfighter outfits,.

Frankly i dont see you pulling this off, I see more of a Jimmy Buffet vibe.:D

Wild Dingo
10-01-2009, 08:22 PM
It is short for Latin Lover, I must warn you though theres a lot of pressure involved with this, You must play a Flamingo guitar and sing Besame Mucho and wear tight bullfighter outfits,.

Frankly i dont see you pulling this off, I see more of a Jimmy Buffet vibe.

:D :D Thats about what Ive been thinking! ;) Lovely sheila... real sweet and fine good company too... but IM not going straight from the frypan to the fire again for anyone!

Flaminco guitar? shyte Im strugglin to get the blues happenin on the guitar!!! Sing? well does the oratory brilliance I display in the shower count? Its an out door shower maybe I get bonuses for that? ;) as to the tight outfits... uuuhh lets just say... NO!!! :p :D

Mrleft8
10-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Last time you brought this up, she was Dutch...

Syed
10-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Dutch oder Deutsch? ;)

Wild Dingo
10-03-2009, 11:07 AM

Dutch German whassadif eh? :D Mate actually she is a combo job born Germany raised Holland so either or...

Sweet thing she is too... mmmm okay enough of this!! She informed me on waking this morning that she has to leave as her visa runs out in 4 months time so... so much for that :rolleyes: made me feel sooooooo cheep! :D

So will now be considered a "holdiday romance" and be done... but Ive scored a permanent invite to her "home base" an apartment in Spain!! :cool: But then I wonder if she treats all the guys like this... ooooh I feel soooo used :D :D

SamSam
10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
ooooh I feel soooo used :D :D
Face the facts, you might be a slut. :D As long as no painful burning and itching develop, you'll get over it. ;)

goodbasil
10-03-2009, 12:23 PM
A fellow where I work in Vancouver is married to a woman in Victoria. They live seperatly, talk on the phone daily, meet atleast every fortnight.

My kids mother is married to someone she doesn't live with. They are both on the island about an hours drive apart.

Many married couples take seperate vacations these days.

So its not uncommon in this day and age. Staying in touch is easy with phones, facebook, emails, camcorders etc..

I suggested it with one girl, that we just meet long enough for me to get my leg over. Say, the 1st Tuesday of every month. She replied, "That's all you really want isn't it?" My answer was, "When I think about it, it's all I really need."
(It's not like I can't cook.)
She turned it and me down.

seafox
10-03-2009, 06:29 PM
but arn't you glad she used you for your body and not for your money?
best wishes
jeff