PDA

View Full Version : Sarkozys Contempt for Obama

bobbys
09-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Now the French think we are weak???.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/09/29/sarkozys_contempt_for_obama.html

Keith Wilson
09-29-2009, 09:54 PM
The article says almost nothing about Sarkozy's opinions. It says a great deal about the author's opinions, with a smaller-than-usual number of facts to back them up.

JimD
09-29-2009, 09:56 PM
l

Just who do the French think they are? Bobby, I want you to get down there right away and show them who's weak.

seanz
09-29-2009, 09:58 PM

No, the French think you are gauche.

Milo Christensen
09-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Am I going to have to make another fortune supplying Freedom Fries signs? I've already made two, one for Freedom, and one to change back to French, but I ain't no dummy, I knew this French thing would come up again, so I collected all the Freedom Fries signs and got them stacked up in a 40,000 sq ft warehouse.

bobbys
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704471504574441402775482322.html.

Disturbing the news was postponed.

seanz
09-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Dang it....I was all set to disturb the news.

bobbys
09-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Dang it....I was all set to disturb the news..

Ok you got me twice, Do you think the Prez is being effective on this issue?, Do you think there's cause for alarm?.

Keith Wilson
09-29-2009, 10:56 PM
On Iran? Probably about as effective as anyone would be. We have somewhat limited influence on the Iranians, as you may have noticed. What do you think we should do?

The WSJ article you referenced was a lot more factual than that bit of bluster from Realclearpolitics, BTW

seanz
09-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Do you think the Prez is being effective on this issue?, Do you think there's cause for alarm?.

Crazy paranoid people with nuclear weapons (no offense) are always cause for alarm.

That the U.K., France and the U.S.A. are not exactly in lockstep over the current (or latest version of a longstanding crisis) crisis is not that much of a concern. They seem to be reading from the same page. Don't worry that politicians are "playing politics", that's what they do, worry if there looks like there will be a bad outcome from them playing politics.
Your President is being effective if noone gets vaporized....even the last President was OK on this count.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
09-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Am I going to have to make another fortune supplying Freedom Fries signs? I've already made two, one for Freedom, and one to change back to French, but I ain't no dummy, I knew this French thing would come up again, so I collected all the Freedom Fries signs and got them stacked up in a 40,000 sq ft warehouse.

I picked up some damn nice french copper cookware during that last episode. Hand hammered by skilled craftsman in da old country.

I don't judge a people by their government. Think about that for a second. It'll come to you. (I don't mean you Milo.)

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-29-2009, 11:08 PM
C'mon bobbys yer sources ain't much good and neither is your spelling. His name is S(z)arkozy. He is an ethnic Hungarian whose father immigrated to France and he spells his name according to Hungarian phonetics. You can't take liberties with the spelling of our ally's presidents names. It reflects badly on all us Americans. You don't want to make us look like bunch of yokels, do ya'?

bobbys
09-29-2009, 11:25 PM
C'mon bobbys yer sources ain't much good and neither is your spelling. His name is S(z)arkozy. He is an ethnic Hungarian whose father immigrated to France and he spells his name according to Hungarian phonetics. You can't take liberties with the spelling of our ally's presidents names. It reflects badly on all us Americans. You don't want to make us look like bunch of yokels, do ya'?.
Do you have a different source on this, Im willing to see it?
Every one of my Slovakian Grandparents shortened there names , One even took the "Ski" off the end so as not to sound to Polish.

By the way he has a pretty good lookin wife!!!

elf
09-30-2009, 05:24 AM
their

and the thread title is lacking not only the z but also an apostrophe

seanz
09-30-2009, 05:35 AM
You missed the 'to' before Polish.

'Your' slipping.
:):D

skuthorp
09-30-2009, 05:56 AM
Every one of my Slovakian Grandparents shortened there names , One even took the "Ski" off the end so as not to sound to Polish.

A Ukranian school friend with 23 letters in his name was called 'smith' by everyone through his school years. When he was 21 he made Smith his legal name.

Uncle Duke
09-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Do you have a different source on this, Im willing to see it?1: " I'm " not " Im "
2: Question mark should go after "this". "I'm willing to see it." is a sentence of it's own.

:D:D

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-30-2009, 11:19 AM

A Slovak, eh? And you doubt me? "Ja som Vas'a slovensky kajan. Moja matka bola slovenka."
Your Slovak ancestors lived in the Kingdom of Hungary for at least 1000 years. Sometime after 1890 the Hungarian government changed the name of your ancestor's village from a Slovak name to a Hungarian name. It was changed back to a Slovak name in 1920 or thereafter. If you tell me the Slovak name of your family's village I'll tell you the Hungarian name. Or vice versa.
In Slovak surnames end in "sky" (male). "ski" is Polish.
In order to do Slovak genealogy it is necessary to be able to hop from the Slovak alphabet to the Hungarian because the government made "Magyar" (the language that we call Hungarian) the official language so names were usually transliterated into Magyar on official documents.
Here's something that explains a bit about the world your Slovak ancestors lived in and how magyarization effected their lives.
http://uk.geocities.com/gogastransylvania/Seton-Watson/RacialProblems.htm

LeeG
09-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I would like to point out that Jack Kelly is a Republican op/ed writer who graces the pages of World Net Daily and other illustrious venues.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Jack_Kelly

Jack Kelly is "national security writer" for Pennsylvania's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Ohio's The Toledo Blade owned by Block Communications, Inc., and a nationally syndicated columnist. Kelly served in the Reserve in both the U.S. Marine Corps and with the U.S. Army Special Forces, with whom he served as a public affairs officer in Operation Desert Storm in Iraq. During his career, Kelly was a news correspondent in Vietnam in 1970 and a deputy press secretary for the Republican National Committee in 1977. Kelly was also "a deputy assistant secretary" of the U.S. Air Force during the Ronald Reagan administration. [1]
Kelly "was even embedded" with the 1st Squadron, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment [2] "to cover the conflict with Iraq in 2003." [3]

Douglas Anders wrote February 14, 2004, in the seeingToledo Blog:
"Every Saturday morning I look forward to the Jack Kelly column on the Op-Ed page of the Blade. As surely as things fall down, Kelly can be counted on to recycle half-informed (not to mention half-formed) arguments from the right side of the blogosphere, and dutifully march forth to make the GOP sanctioned argument of the week. His modus operandi is simple and unvarying: report the facts that support his thesis, ignore everything that undermines it and end with an overblown claim that Democrats (or the 'nay-sayers' or peacenicks or Bush-critics) are nothing more than unrepentant liars. He rarely lies outright (though I have caught a few), but his one-sided presentation of the facts always produces a deeply deceptive column. I warn you, if you try to make pro-Republican arguments based on what you read in a Jack Kelly column, you will quickly establish that you are an easily hoodwinked fool. There are good honest conservatives out there, but Jack Kelly isn't one of them, he exists to regurgitate the GOP line of the day."

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0206/jkelly_archives.asp
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Looks like Jack Kelly has a job. He must have loved GWs ability to admit error.

http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=2836

Jack Kelly, journalist and former high-ranking Reagan administration Pentagon official, says: "The most dangerous thing about having a narcissist in a position of power is his unwillingness – perhaps his inability – to ever admit error.