PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful work

ishmael
09-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Dan Foggleberg. I'm currently listening to what may as well be his swan song, "The Innocent Age." I know, I know, fodder for teenage girls, but that man could really write it -- both music and lyric. Listen to him sometime.

peter radclyffe
09-25-2009, 11:09 PM
& one of americas most underrated Paul Williams

Todd Bradshaw
09-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Dan was also a hell of a guitar player. Many a late night was spent sitting on an assortment of old beat up barstools on a stage made from plywood on cinder blocks in the basement of an old church that had been turned into a coffeehouse, playing whatever tunes came to mind for whatever audience was willing to stay up and listen. The amazing thing about Dan was that back then, even though we were only 19-20 years old, he already sounded unmistakably like Dan Fogelberg. This is Dan and his guitar in 1971 when we were sophomores in art school.

http://webpages.charter.net/tbradshaw/Music%20stuff/Dan.mp3

R.I.Singer30
09-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Nice tune Todd,thanks for sharing. It's amazing the tales that come out of the forum.

Jim Bow
09-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Several years ago, there was a memorial in Seattle for George Miller, a local standup comedian. He'd had some problems in his life, and at the memorial his ex girlfriend told a story from a tumultuous time in their life.
He had kicked in her door and she had called the cops.
The cops had him cuffed in the living room, and were berating him.
One cop was upset that George had stomped on a picture of Jesus that she had had on her night table.
She remembered George's response, "Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ? I thought it was Dan Fogleberg!"

brad9798
09-26-2009, 06:20 PM
I doubt any teenaged girls of any generation, except for the 1980s, would know him too well.

Mostly, he appeals to middle-aged folks like most of us!

BTW- indeed a GREAT talent!

ishmael
09-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Brad,

I guess I was thinking of teenage girls from when I was a teenager. It wasn't hip to like DF unless you were a girl. I went ahead and liked him anyway. Never let convention stand in the way of good taste!

So Todd, you knew him? I imagine he was as sweet in person as is so much of his music. You can't make that up out of whole cloth. I'll bet the ladies were weak-kneed around him.LOL.