PDA

View Full Version : Cattle-prod, Wyoming

Phillip Allen
09-25-2009, 07:27 AM
before I look (I'm gonna) I thought I'd post this name here...I woke up dreaming about moving to Cattle-prod. I flipped the poor cat off the bed in my terminal dream-thrash and called my daughter to tell her what I could of it before it faded (they always do). My Dad was in it and was the clearest character (dead since 1975) but there were others (all still living).

I talked with Dad and asked him what he had been doing and why he faked his death and ran away...I got direct, if evasive, answers. He was looking pretty good...said he had been laying brick...looked tough and tan...wouldn't let me talk with him very much though. I guess he just wanted to check in with us for a bit then leave again...

My father would have been 100 years old next month...born in Venita, OK and raised in Cave Springs, AR

just thought I'd tell my friends :)

Paul Pless
09-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Eh?? Ish?? is that you???

What'ya doing with Phillip's login?:confused:

;):p

Phillip Allen
09-25-2009, 07:31 AM
yeah, I know...I thought the same thing

Paul Pless
09-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Aw well... we all go there at one time or another. :D:eek:

paladin
09-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Ambien dunno work...they give it to me and I don't sleep.....they give me some other darn muscle relaxant and I don't relax, been awake most all night.....hurt like hell.......gonna hafta get stronger dope.

Uncle Duke
09-25-2009, 09:38 AM
Eh?? Ish?? is that you???Naah - can't be. No mention of "dear friends", no mention of the lost innocence of youth, and actually to the point.
Can't be. :D:D

Phillip Allen
09-25-2009, 11:48 AM
I like the "town" of Cattle-Prod, Wyoming so much, I'm gonna try to work it in elsewhere :)

Phillip Allen
09-25-2009, 12:22 PM
naw...this is for fun

paladin
09-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Once upon a time....there was a town nomed Empty Cup, Wyoming or Colorado....I think...and interesting how it got it's name.

Michael s/v Sannyasin
09-25-2009, 12:27 PM
couldn't find a listing for a Cattle-Prod Wyo. But, there is a 'Chugwater' or a 'Greybull' Wyo.

Phillip Allen
09-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I think there's an Ox-Goad somewhere...

Robert L.
09-25-2009, 02:04 PM
One of my favorites is Toad Suck, Arkansas. Got some pictures somewhere.

Phillip Allen
09-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Toad Suck, Weedy Rough, Bug Tussle and Hogeye...all well known around here

Phillip Allen
09-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Them Toad Suckers
How about them Toad Suckers, Ain't they clods?
Sittin' there suckin' them green taody frogs.
Suckin' them hopper toads, suckin' them chunckers,
Suckin' them leapy types, suckin' them plunkers.
Look at them Toad Suckers, Ain't they snappy?
Suckin' them bog Frogs, sure makes them happy.
Them hugger mugger Toad Suckers, way down south,
Stickin' they sucky toads, in they mouth.
How to be a Toad Sucker? No way to duck it;
getcha self a toad, rare back and suck it!

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
09-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I have been having very weird and detailed dreams the last few years. I should keep a log, because they always fade soon after I wake. I do know that they are amusing more often than not.

coelacanth2
09-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Well, there's always Moose Odor, Montana and Cousinf&@#, South Carolina. I'm probably in"Dutch" now, but I WAS feeling a bit naughty.

coelacanth2
09-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Don't let's forget Blue Ball, Bird-in-Hand and Paradise in SE Pennsylvania, Amish Country. As everybody knows, to get from Blue Ball to Paradise, you have to go through Bird-in-Hand. Really. I'm NOT making this up. Right nearby is the town of "84".

Chip-skiff
09-28-2009, 01:24 AM
I dreamed that I was in northwest Arkansas, bathed in sweat, covered in ticks and chiggers, surrounded by weird real-estate scams, mega-churches, and country-western theme parks, listening to right-wing talk shows.

And woke up in Wyoming, breathing clear, cold air. With stars out the window.

Thank Jesus God Allah Mohammed Zoroaster Zeus, and Grandfather Coyote.

Phillip Allen
09-28-2009, 06:39 AM
I dreamed that I was in northwest Arkansas, bathed in sweat, covered in ticks and chiggers, surrounded by weird real-estate scams, mega-churches, and country-western theme parks, listening to right-wing talk shows.

And woke up in Wyoming, breathing clear, cold air. With stars out the window.

Thank Jesus God Allah Mohammed Zoroaster Zeus, and Grandfather Coyote.

:) .

Phillip Allen
09-28-2009, 07:39 AM
I am now aware that Cattle Prod, Wyoming is just across the border from Lump Jaw, Nebraska