PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dan! What happened...

Mrleft8
09-18-2009, 08:30 AM
To your head? Did the terrorist groundhogs wing you? :D

huisjen
09-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Nah. They go for my ankles.

Inflamed sebaceous cyst. I went to the doctor's office and the first thing they wanted to do was measure my height, which came out a half inch taller than usual. I told the nurse to please be very careful, because I didn't want that height ruler extension to hit that very sore bump.

But eventually they got me situated, numbed up, and cut it open. The doctor got out the cyst wall more or less intact, and it was about 3/8" diameter. Now I've got a cut, which has to stay open for a little while, stuffed with this iodine tape and covered with a band-aid. I changed it last night and got rid of that giant one they'd put on to start with.

Dan

Mrleft8
09-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Ah.... You shoulda just squeezed it until it popped like a giant zit. :D

huisjen
09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
No pore to open it through. Don't think the thought hadn't crossed my mind though. This is the first day in a week that I haven't had a persistent low grade headache.

Dan

Tylerdurden
09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Sounds like they popped the head of a big zit?:D

huisjen
09-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Tylerdurden
This message is hidden because Tylerdurden is on your ignore list.

Peerie Maa
09-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Those things can be incredibly sore if they get inflamed. Then they burst like a giant zit.

Popeye
09-18-2009, 09:49 AM
i thinking zit-cam

Mrleft8
09-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Remote control zit-cam.....Time lapse, like they do on those nature shows so you can see the grass grow... :D

elf
09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Boy. I'm so glad it's nothing worse than that. The pix on Facebook looked very scarey.

stevebaby
09-19-2009, 09:55 AM
No pore to open it through. Don't think the thought hadn't crossed my mind though. This is the first day in a week that I haven't had a persistent low grade headache.

Dan Ordinary honey is one of the most effective antibiotics available and one of only two effective agents against MRSA.
You need not trust me on this .You can google "Medical use of honey". There is some pretty good research on the medical use of honey in infection control, particularly with open wounds and burns. My personal experience is that honey works better than anything on infections and I am extremely sceptical of any form of alternative medicine. As a regular cyclist, I've had similar afflictions in rather more sensitive areas. I mix up my own chamois cream composed of honey and sorbolene and I haven't been bothered by them for years.
Pharmaceutical companies must hate honey.
One of the curious things about honey is that bugs apparently do not develop immunity against it, as they eventually do with most other antibiotics. The active ingredient appears to be a dilute form of hydrogen peroxide, and it's apparently pretty good at lessening scarring in burns patients.
Needless to say, do your own research and run it past your MD first.

huisjen
09-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Hmm. Excellent point. I'm sitting here between bandagings with a gauze pad on top of my head, just saturated with H2O2. I've been re-bandaging with a dab of neosporin, but maybe I'll mix it up a little this time and use a drop of the sweet.

Dan

bobbys
09-19-2009, 02:35 PM
I feel for you Dan.

When this happens to me ,me Wench makes me a potion.

Spit of a bat.

Hair of a gypsie.

Sperm of a spider.

Spoon full of Tang{Keep some around if one ever goes into space}.

Mix it with rum in a Mason jar and gulp it down..

This also works if your not the man you used to be......

Jim Ledger
09-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Yer just lucky it was on the top of your head. There's something to wrap a bandage around. I once had one of those on my groin. I guess I was lucky, too.

huisjen
09-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Adhesive bandage troubles then?

First thing I did when changing the bandage the first time was clip off any remaining stray hairs near the site, so that the band-aid couldn't get them.

Dan