PDA

View Full Version : SSHHHHHH its about to hit the fan

ripley699
09-11-2009, 11:32 PM
A while back someone said that the dow would have to hit 5000 before any real progress could be made in the financial world...

Well boys and girls..looks like it is about to hit the fan..
Residential Foreclosures are about to begin in earnest and commercial loans are in BIG BIG trouble as well.
The next 6-9 months ???? I am very happy that i am not the president.[i'm sure you are too ] Being the president is is gonna be the most thankless job in our galaxy ..Better hold on tight ! sshhhh it like you have never seen ..I think we will be wishing it was only as bad as the Great depression ...
Here we go !!
Perhaps I'm wrong...I doubt it.

Jim Bow
09-12-2009, 12:04 AM
On top of that, a huge asteroid is heading towards earth and there's probably going to be an earthquake.

boylesboats
09-12-2009, 12:13 AM
or worse yet..

ripley699
09-12-2009, 12:23 AM
i hope that someone will copy my post into nother response so that I can't erase it,,,jus like you do with T.D. That would be nice,thanks

MiddleAgesMan
09-12-2009, 12:30 AM
...believe it...

or not

bobbys
09-12-2009, 12:40 AM
If the stock market crashes it will be Bushes fault.

Any gains will be Because of Obama.

seanz
09-12-2009, 01:03 AM
If the stock market crashes it will be Bushes fault.

Any gains will be Because of Obama.

Good to see you're coming around.........:)

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-12-2009, 01:09 AM
The UK used car market is up by 25-30% across the board, over the year to date; dealers are finding it hard to get stock.

Clearly, the final collapse is imminent.

ripley699
09-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Andrew I have always respected your opinion. I am always glad to see you chime in,whether its because I agree with you or not.
Perhaps in the way back corners of my mind,i know that my father was born in England and loved it so..yeah,perhaps i am a bit biased in your favor....he came over here as a child in 1923....
Having said that,,,,i think that it is important to watch the tell tale signs.i am ,and it scares me to death.
Not just because of what it will mean to America,,,but what it will mean to the entire world,to my children.
I have two grown sons and I fear for their future,,,due to the mis-handleing of so many facits of our economy. I wish my president well,,,but he is just a kid,,not a clue what is in the cards. He doesn't look back in history,,way back . And ,as a result ,if we don't learn from history we are damned to repeat the mistakes of our fore fathers. I worry for my children and my grandchildren[ I have 2 so far ! what a treat ]
I am so sorry for the mess we are going to leave them.
i wish them , and you, well.
RIP

JimD
09-12-2009, 01:33 AM
A while back someone said that the dow would have to hit 5000 before any real progress could be made in the financial world...

Well boys and girls..looks like it is about to hit the fan..
Residential Foreclosures are about to begin in earnest and commercial loans are in BIG BIG trouble as well.
The next 6-9 months ???? I am very happy that i am not the president.[i'm sure you are too ] Being the president is is gonna be the most thankless job in our galaxy ..Better hold on tight ! sshhhh it like you have never seen ..I think we will be wishing it was only as bad as the Great depression ...
Here we go !!
Perhaps I'm wrong...I doubt it.

I think I'll copy this post so's he can't erase it just like we do with TD. Uh oh. I think it just started raining frogs

http://americandigest.org/sidelines/ff4-frogs.jpg

P.L.Lenihan
09-12-2009, 01:43 AM
I think it just started raining frogs

Don't tell me the French are already taking over B.C.! Next thing we know you'll be telling us how much you enjoy poutine! :D:D

Cheers Dr.Jim!!

Peter, the grateful patient.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
09-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Rip - the FTSE just hit 5,000 on the way back up. 5,000 here is roughly 10k on the Dow.

Seriously, we can expect an upturn in the financial economy some time before an upturn in the real economy.

bob winter
09-12-2009, 05:55 AM
According to the Bank of Canada, or whatever, we are well on the road to economic recovery. I notice that my portfolio of accursed mutual funds has managed to recover pretty well what it lost during the downturn and real estate in Ottawa is holding it value and sales are moving nicely. New homes are being built all over the place. Of course, Ottawa is sort of like never-never land, a tad disjointed from reality.

So, what is the problem?

Paul Pless
09-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Perhaps I'm wrong...yes... perhaps...

Tylerdurden
09-12-2009, 07:21 AM
I like how a lot of people still trust what the talking heads have to say even after they were so spot on the last time.;)

The dollar has to go, its part of the plan.

Welcome to Parkland International.

Paul Pless
09-12-2009, 07:57 AM
The dollar has to go, its part of the plan.cool... i look forward to a barter economy:)

Tylerdurden
09-12-2009, 08:02 AM
cool... i look forward to a barter economy:)

I don't. Don't look forward to any of it. Wishing it away or ignoring it might work for Disney but not us.

JimD
09-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Yesterday we bought a food dehydrator and plan on running it night and day while there is still electricity.

ripley699
09-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Jim,
That is probably a very good idea !

huisjen
09-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Isn't it just so cute that Mark has a "little friend"?

Dan

JimD
09-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Isn't it just so cute that Mark has a "little friend"?

Dan

MiniMark?

Keith Wilson
09-12-2009, 09:24 PM
And not one single one of us will ever get out of this world alive.

seanz
09-12-2009, 09:36 PM
And that's why we need a mission to Mars.

Why has Obama failed yet again?