PDA

View Full Version : PA man fires cannon, hits neighbor's house

Michael s/v Sannyasin
09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Is this anybody we know? :D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090904/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_cannonball_through_house_3

Tylerdurden
09-04-2009, 12:45 PM
2# ball, 400yds. Sounds like a dead load.

Paul Pless
09-04-2009, 12:49 PM
2# ball, 400yds. Sounds like a dead load.
it was a ricochet

Tylerdurden
09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Missed it. Dumbass me and the guy shooting live rounds.:D

Paul Pless
09-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Missed it. Dumbass me and the guy shooting live rounds.:DI've got some friends that have a mountain howitzer and a napolean... I've seen some some round balls do weird things after hitting the ground or a large tree, etc etc...

Phillip Allen
09-04-2009, 01:06 PM
it takes a knot-head to take such a chance...must belong to the society for creative anachronism

Tylerdurden
09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I think the only safe way to fire them is into a loose mound of dirt.

In the desert.:p

Tylerdurden
09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Talk about mis fire....

Dutch police in cannabis mix-up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8237006.stm

Phillip Allen
09-04-2009, 01:12 PM

In the desert.:p

the guy musta failed to understand that the things are designed to be unsafe

David G
09-04-2009, 01:16 PM
The goofy thing was firing his toys when there were neighbors close enough to be affected by an accident.

I have neighbors across the street who already dislike most of the neighborhood... 'cause our yards aren't up to their standard. They particularly don't like us because our kids make noise when they play basketball out front. One day, my 14 year old got a wild hair, pulled out his pellet gun, and decided to try to hit the basketball backboard from our front porch. He just pumped it a couple pumps, so no real veloity. But... of course... he missed. The round went over the hoop, and hit the neighbor lady in the thigh. Left a faint mark, but no real damage. We still haven't lived that one down, despite copious apologies. But my dimwitted offspring was 14. He knows better now.

You'd think this putative adult would have known better starting many years ago <sigh> Well, hopefully he knows better now. Luckily, the gods smiled on him, and no one was hurt.

Paul Pless
09-04-2009, 01:18 PM

In the desert.:pLOL... not many deserts in Alabama. We fired them across about a 2000 acre fcotton field.

Paul Pless
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
the guy musta failed to understand that the things are designed to be unsaferofl... my god, where's milo when ya need him???:D

Phillip Allen
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
LOL... not many deserts in Alabama. We fired them across about a 2000 acre fcotton field.

at least the ball was tired by the time it got to the other end...prolly was walking by then

Paul Pless
09-04-2009, 01:27 PM
at least the ball was tired by the time it got to the other end...prolly was walking by thenI've never seen one make it more than 20% of the way across the field.

Michael s/v Sannyasin
09-04-2009, 01:31 PM
wonder what the cannon balls do to cotton harvesting machines...

Paul Pless
09-04-2009, 01:37 PM
wonder what the cannon balls do to cotton harvesting machines...
next time i go to alabama I'll bring pictures:D

JimD
09-04-2009, 01:40 PM
State police charged Maser with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.

Good. Maybe the guy will leave his Roman catapult in the garage.

bobbys
09-04-2009, 02:36 PM
The goofy thing was firing his toys when there were neighbors close enough to be affected by an accident.

I have neighbors across the street who already dislike most of the neighborhood... 'cause our yards aren't up to their standard. They particularly don't like us because our kids make noise when they play basketball out front. One day, my 14 year old got a wild hair, pulled out his pellet gun, and decided to try to hit the basketball backboard from our front porch. He just pumped it a couple pumps, so no real veloity. But... of course... he missed. The round went over the hoop, and hit the neighbor lady in the thigh. Left a faint mark, but no real damage. We still haven't lived that one down, despite copious apologies. But my dimwitted offspring was 14. He knows better now.

You'd think this putative adult would have known better starting many years ago <sigh> Well, hopefully he knows better now. Luckily, the gods smiled on him, and no one was hurt..

When my boy was 12 i bought him a bb gun and gave lessons.

But he shot the paper boy.

The paperboys dad went off and came over to beat the poop outta me.

I just looked at the ground and said sorry i deserve a good punch.

I told my boy ,Look at what your dad has to go through now.

Well he did not punch me just cussed me out.

We are still friends to this day, He said i did the right thing by being humble, He wuz gonna smack me.

I have been punched by the best in Jersey so i figured i could take a few

johnw
09-04-2009, 04:30 PM
the guy musta failed to understand that the things are designed to be unsafe

"It's a sword. It's not supposed to be safe."

--Terry Pratchett

Rigadog
09-05-2009, 08:36 AM
what if it was a nuke?