PDA

View Full Version : Oh great! Wide awake at 0230 hours...again

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 02:53 AM
ain't anyone got anything interesting to talk about?

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 02:55 AM
Same here, My dog woke me. I posted about it.

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:00 AM
I'd get a cup of coffee abut am afraid to...it never kep me awake in the past but now almost anything does

seanz
09-02-2009, 03:02 AM
ain't anyone got anything interesting to talk about?

Nope.

I dug two post holes today for a new clothes line.

Used one of those hand auger thingies....first time I've ever been on soil where one would work properly.

Now I'm even out of boring things to talk about........
:):p

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:04 AM
thanks for POSTING about it :) what time is it there?

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:05 AM
Same here but I made a pot. I am pulling the Sherpa out of the barn today, lots of planing and sanding to get ready for planking and I have to start on building the woodgas generator, two of them in fact so I need under cover space. Soon as daylight hits I will be out there.

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Same here but I made a pot. I am pulling the Sherpa out of the barn today, lots of planing and sanding to get ready for planking and I have to start on building the woodgas generator, two of them in fact so I need under cover space. Soon as daylight hits I will be out there.

the sun will come up about the time you get too sleepy to do anything

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:11 AM
the sun will come up about the time you get too sleepy to do anything

Nah, I usually am five hours a day so I am good. I had a couple of letters to write last night so I think my internal clock said I should get up and do that.

seanz
09-02-2009, 03:12 AM
Phillip; just after 8pm

Mark; Welsford Sherpa?

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:14 AM
Phillip; just after 8pm

Mark; Welsford Sherpa?

put up a pic...

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:18 AM
I meant to go fishing yesterday but the horse got hurt and that took the day away from me...gotta go pick her up today

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Yep, Its a Welsford, The man I respect most on the Forum recommended it. (Thanks Chuck!) and I have fallen in love with it.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/mudhutwarrior/boat007.jpg

I have the stringers on now but no photo's, I will get some.
I was doing a quick build to prove it for my use and will do a fully sweet version over the winter, I will probably donate this one to the club when the other is done.

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:21 AM
I meant to go fishing yesterday but the horse got hurt and that took the day away from me...gotta go pick her up today

Sorry about the horse. That sucks. You need to learn to do your own stitches. I have sewn up a few dogs and a couple of friends. Lot cheaper that way.

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:23 AM
it's always nice to see something like that come together

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Sorry about the horse. That sucks. You need to learn to do your own stitches. I have sewn up a few dogs and a couple of friends. Lot cheaper that way.

about $300 worth of stitches...

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:28 AM
about $300 worth of stitches...

Ugh! Its good if one of your group has the skills and knowledge to do the minor stuff like stitches. I am all for Doctors and Vets but some stuff is better done on the spot. $300 is a very reasonable rate though. I would figure it to cost more.

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:29 AM
it's always nice to see something like that come together

Thanks, I am not always just here playing confuse a cat with my adversary's.:D

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Ugh! Its good if one of your group has the skills and knowledge to do the minor stuff like stitches. I am all for Doctors and Vets but some stuff is better done on the spot. $300 is a very reasonable rate though. I would figure it to cost more.
there's a lot to be said for a country vet who thinks of her clients as neighbors

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:34 AM
there's a lot to be said for a country vet who thinks of her clients as neighbors

Like having a pot of gold at ones disposal. Better bake some cookies.

seanz
09-02-2009, 03:34 AM

Good idea...start a animal health care debate.....you'll both be asleep in no time.
;):D

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:38 AM
Good idea...start a animal health care debate.....you'll both be asleep in no time.
;):D

Won't work for me, I did a 48 hour stint last week figuring I would get a full 8 when I slept. Nope, I got six. I thought as I got older I would sleep more but nothing has changed.

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:41 AM
Like having a pot of gold at ones disposal. Better bake some cookies.

gonna take em a couple of jars of honey today...

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:44 AM
gonna take em a couple of jars of honey today...

Oh, I would love that. Good choice. Honey is gods nectar.

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:46 AM
You guys need sleep? I could send you a copy of the four reports I just sent a client. The risk management study would do the job I reckon.

Sorry, Don't need no stinking reports. Please bring your basket of insecurity's somewhere else.:p

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:46 AM
You guys need sleep? I could send you a copy of the four reports I just sent a client. The risk management study would do the job I reckon.

I expect I'd need to lay down before I even opened them ...in order to preclude injury from the fall :)

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:47 AM
I expect I'd need to lay down before I even opened them ...in order to preclude injury from the fall :)

It is tough reading crayon.:D

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:48 AM
my kittin is curled up and sleeping on the top of my foot right now...I thought you guys might like to know that...

skuthorp
09-02-2009, 03:54 AM
Just lost another country horse vet in Queensland Phillip, Hendra virus. Bats to horses to humans. So far only a Queensland problem.
"
QUEENSLAND vet Alister Rodgers lost his battle with the lethal Hendra virus overnight, dying after two weeks in a coma."
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26016198-601,00.html

And I agree about Welsford's boats too.

Phillip Allen
maybe I'll take a book and chair and go sit in the pen with the horses...pleasant weather these days

Tylerdurden
my kittin is curled up and sleeping on the top of my foot right now...I thought you guys might like to know that...

I have three, Last litter, Moms off to get clipped. My boys GF came from a rough childhood and never had the experience of kittens. Now she cannot part with them.

Phillip Allen
09-02-2009, 03:55 AM
Just lost another country horse vet in Queensland Phillip, Hendra virus. Bats to horses to humans. So far only a Queensland problem.
"
QUEENSLAND vet Alister Rodgers lost his battle with the lethal Hendra virus overnight, dying after two weeks in a coma."
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26016198-601,00.html

damn...

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 03:55 AM

Yeah, Falling in love with it. Brilliant design.

pipefitter
09-02-2009, 04:10 AM
Snoring dog here too. I tell my son all the time not to leave his clothes around.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l309/tigmaster/Picture013.jpg

He's seldom more than 3 ft from me, even at work. But damn the snoring.

skuthorp
09-02-2009, 04:20 AM
This is one I've considered for a while
http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/projects/williamson/IMG_0173-s.jpg
Pathfinder, http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/plans/pathfinder/index.htm

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 04:23 AM
This is one I've considered for a while
http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/projects/williamson/IMG_0173-s.jpg
Pathfinder, http://www.jwboatdesigns.co.nz/plans/pathfinder/index.htm

Nice, I didn't put in the dagger box as I will be towing it. That looks like a nice sail though.

skuthorp
09-02-2009, 04:25 AM
I like the bumkin/boomkin keeping the mizzen well aft, and there's enough room to be a great camp cruiser. A very businesslike look to her too.

Hey?, boats? This is the bilge!!!!

Phillip? You still awake?

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 04:30 AM
I like the bumkin/boomkin keeping the mizzen well aft, and there's enough room to be a great camp cruiser. A very businesslike look to her too.

Hey?, boats? This is the bilge!!!!

Phillip? You still awake?

Agreed. she does look capable.

skuthorp
09-02-2009, 04:51 AM
http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50623

From upstairs.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
09-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Geez you guys awake too? I'm up wasting time after seeing something cool posted in one of the other threads, then I think I need one, that will get me wasting a few hours. I thought it was too expensive, but no, someone has to correct me, they're half what they used to cost, so now I CAN afford one. Kiss of death. Now I'm obsessed. :)

Enough for tonight, signing off.

Shang
09-02-2009, 10:20 PM

This is a goddam' epidemic...!
Half the world can't sleep and wakes up in the middle of the night.
One of the cats stomps across me and says, "Oh, Hi...! You wanted to be asleep? Okay. I'll just sit here on your chest and breathe on your eye lids..."
You don't dare have a glass of red wine because tomorrow your head will feel like someone used it as a croquet ball. Hot chocolate with extra non-fat dry milk helps but not after you've spilled it up the sleeve of your bathrobe. The only things on television are some grease ball salesman saying, "But Wait! If you call in the next five minutes...!" and sex movies staring skanks you wouldn't touch with a barbecue fork.
Melatonin helps a little bit, but not after four a.m.
Oh well... pump more iron tomorrow...

bobbys
09-03-2009, 12:51 AM
I have a bloody nose!!!!

seanz
09-03-2009, 04:42 AM
You only just bloody noticed?

skuthorp
09-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Anybody awake over there this morning? Any reason, dogs, cats, roosters?

Pugwash
09-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Been wide awake for about three hours and the ceiling is starting to get boring.

I'm guessing this is because in about two hours I've got to manage two construction sites on my own, for the next ten days.

That's, adult daycare X herding cats X 2 = :eek:

God I hate plumbers.

Anyone know any good ones? I really do have to get rid of the idiots I've got.

skuthorp
09-03-2009, 06:16 AM
I can reccomend 2 good ones, who come on time, do a better job than you asked for and are cheaper than your average brain surgeon. But they are down here in SE Aus. so that's no good to you. They start early, 6.30am and finish early in time to go fishing. Perfectly reasonable.
How far apart are the sites and do you have a good relationship with your leading hand?

Milo Christensen
09-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Anybody awake over there this morning? Any reason, dogs, cats, roosters?

. . . One of the cats stomps across me and says, "Oh, Hi...! You wanted to be asleep? Okay. I'll just sit here on your chest and breathe on your eye lids..."

Not exactly in the middle of the night, but an hour before I wanted to get up. This cat was saying, "You know, don't you, that I really, really don't like this new dry cat food you're trying to force on me but I'm not eating it and I'm hungry and it's all your fault."

skuthorp
09-03-2009, 06:31 AM
I knew there was a reason I'm not partial to cats, except in Dim Sims, and I don't really like them either.

PeterSibley
09-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Excellent moving targets

Phillip Allen
09-03-2009, 07:50 AM
apparently, Milo doesn't like this thread :)

Nicholas Scheuer
09-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Been there, or rather, been HERE at 2:30 am. Not last night, however.

My dog probably thinks, "doesn't this guy EVER give that damm glowing thing a rest?"

Moby Nick