PDA

View Full Version : love lorn dog

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 02:51 AM
My Sheppard at 13 years has been acting strange this past week.
He never leaves the yard but for three nights disappeared for an hour or more at a time. Neighbor came and told me he has been venturing about 1/2 mile down the road and having his way with a neighbors dog. As this is Maine and the odds of a Black Shepherd at night being shot run high I had to keep him in the fenced yard now. He has been whining and moaning all night long. Its sad as he is old an should have his fun but its not nice to let him impregnate the neighbor hood and run wild.
One would figure at his age he would be beyond that but to listen to him go on one would think he is still a teenager.:D

skuthorp
09-02-2009, 04:23 AM
My Sheppard at 13 years has been acting strange this past week.
He never leaves the yard but for three nights disappeared for an hour or more at a time. Neighbor came and told me he has been venturing about 1/2 mile down the road and having his way with a neighbors dog. As this is Maine and the odds of a Black Shepherd at night being shot run high I had to keep him in the fenced yard now. He has been whining and moaning all night long. Its sad as he is old an should have his fun but its not nice to let him impregnate the neighbor hood and run wild.
One would figure at his age he would be beyond that but to listen to him go on one would think he is still a teenager.:D

Randy old bu**er, still, there'a a few here that, given the opportunity, might just.........................

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 04:24 AM
Randy old bu**er, still, there'a a few here that, given the opportunity, might just.........................

I am pretty much the same but I don't whine over it when it isn't there.:D

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 04:33 AM
Couldn't do it. Changes shepherds in the wrong way. He went out for stud too so it was a practical choice. Some dogs one can clip without changes affecting their quality's but Shepherd males lose to much.

skuthorp
09-02-2009, 04:48 AM
My grandfather had a kelpie/border collie X that could scent a bitch on heat from 20 miles away. Normally a dog on the loose in sheep country wouldn't last too long but Bonzo threw good working pups and was known all around. He'd just go missing for a day or so and they'd send him back in the RSD mail van with a satisfied look on his face.

stevebaby
09-02-2009, 07:27 AM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w42/stevebaby_photos/jesus3od9.jpg

Tylerdurden
09-02-2009, 07:29 AM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w42/stevebaby_photos/jesus3od9.jpg

?What?

Paul Pless
09-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Couldn't do it. Changes shepherds in the wrong way. He went out for stud too so it was a practical choice. Some dogs one can clip without changes affecting their quality's but Shepherd males lose to much.> :rolleyes:

JimM
09-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Couldn't do it. Changes shepherds in the wrong way. He went out for stud too so it was a practical choice. Some dogs one can clip without changes affecting their quality's but Shepherd males lose to much.

What BS. What's the problem, think it's unmanly to have your dog cut.

C. Ross
09-02-2009, 10:58 PM
I remember when you and the dog went through the ice last winter, eh?

pefjr
09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
13X7=91, nah I'll never make it.

ripley699
09-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey Steve,
Could you please explain "what the EFF " that was about ?
I don't know what it is but it appears to be either very crude or very rude. Please correct me if i am wrong

Nanoose
09-02-2009, 11:53 PM

i thought you said he's 13? :p

goodbasil
09-03-2009, 12:43 AM
That 7 to 1 ratio for dog ages is not that accurate. I have a chart here for dogs, (and one for cats,) which is more exact.
For a large dog such as a shepard, 13 years = 82 human. Maybe a touch more since shepards aren't know for longgevity.
And he's ageing fast. 14 = 88
15 = 93
16 = 100

Tylerdurden
09-03-2009, 04:54 AM
I remember when you and the dog went through the ice last winter, eh?

I do to, don't remind me.;) Still cold.