PDA

View Full Version : An Embarressed Texan

John A. Campbell
08-31-2009, 10:06 PM
By now I'm sure some of you have seen the television coverage of some idiots down at Austin who gathered on the steps of the capitol advocating the secession of Texas and proclaiming their hatred for the American flag along with suggesting a bloody revolt to take place during the so-called secession. I am mortified by this public display of absolute stupidity and to make it even worse, the whole damned thing was preceeded by a suggestion from our Governor Goodhair (Rick Perry) issued several weeks ago that he was somewhat supportive of such a secession. This , in my opinion, is an absolutely disgusting and most embarrassing display.

PeterSibley
08-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Don't worry , the fringes always want to secede ...no matter where you live .

Jim Bow
08-31-2009, 10:23 PM
You, the Dixie Chicks, Lyle Lovett and Kinky Friedman. That makes 6 of you.
There's prolly a few more like minded Texans who haven't come out yet.

C. Ross
08-31-2009, 10:31 PM
I blame South by Southwest, and tequila. Makes 'em crazy in Austin.

Glen Longino
08-31-2009, 10:37 PM
You, the Dixie Chicks, Lyle Lovett and Kinky Friedman. That makes 6 of you.
There's prolly a few more like minded Texans who haven't come out yet.

Actually, several million Texans voted for Obama.
Unfortunately, a million more voted for MaCain and what's her name.
I'd rather see the whackos out in the open on the steps of the capitol than holed up in their lair quietly plotting some kind of subversion

bobbys
08-31-2009, 11:29 PM
By now I'm sure some of you have seen the television coverage of some idiots down at Austin who gathered on the steps of the capitol advocating the secession of Texas and proclaiming their hatred for the American flag along with suggesting a bloody revolt to take place during the so-called secession. I am mortified by this public display of absolute stupidity and to make it even worse, the whole damned thing was preceeded by a suggestion from our Governor Goodhair (Rick Perry) issued several weeks ago that he was somewhat supportive of such a secession. This , in my opinion, is an absolutely disgusting and most embarrassing display..

I looked at a few Texas news sites and could not find anything.

Could you post a link please..

Are people that gather on the steps of the Capital Idiots and do you have there IQ numbers?

Who asked for a "bloody revolt".?

Who exactly hates the American Flag???.

Is this your Opinion or a rant?

BrianW
09-01-2009, 12:00 AM
The US would save a lot more if Alaska went away though. Damn freeloaders.

DAN

Jealousy is an ugly thing...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BrianW/stuff/ak_on_us.gif

:D

BrianW
09-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Yep.:)

Fire up that boat and come visit (again?)

David G
09-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Here's the rally I believe the OP was referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubzG1CFi8cs

And here's a bit of liberal "analysis" that was next to it on YouTube, which I thought interesting as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3W-gmwnWLs&feature=fvw

I didn't hear anyone proclaim their hatred for the American flag, but they did cheer loudly when the first speaker claimed that soon it wouldn't fly in Texas. And I didn't hear anyone overtly promoting a bloody revolution. But the woman who echoed Jefferson and said that they understood that sometimes the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants & patriots was also cheered loudly.

Perhaps the OP overstated his case, or perhaps there was more inflammatory language - not shown on the video. Doesn't matter to me. Just the video was sufficient for me to think the group was an ill-informed rabble. While they bear watching, I don't imagine they pose any real danger to the U.S., Texas, or themselves. I can certainly understand the embarrassment, and particularly the dismay that their goofball governor is pandering to these poor, misguided folks.

Tom Montgomery
09-01-2009, 05:12 AM
I didn't hear anyone proclaim their hatred for the American flag, but they did cheer loudly when the first speaker claimed that soon it wouldn't fly in Texas. And I didn't hear anyone overtly promoting a bloody revolution. But the woman who echoed Jefferson and said that they understood that sometimes the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants & patriots was also cheered loudly.Actually, the male moron pointed to the flag and proclaimed that he hated the United States. The female moron proclaimed that secession would result in blood. An ugly, ugly display.

elf
09-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Kinda late to be embarassed, doncha think?

Rigadog
09-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Sorry, but when I was in Mexico a few years back, I repeatedly offered to give Mexico back Texas if they took George W. Bush off our hands, but could find no takers. Now that he is no longer in power they have a change of heart.

Milo Christensen
09-01-2009, 07:06 AM
The Insult All Things Kansas thread went poof. The Arizonans Are Dangerously Weird thread is still kicking that dead horse. But no, the superior beings among us must start in again, this time with Texas, again.

Flying Orca
09-01-2009, 07:14 AM
It's a good thing Canadians don't get going very often. :p

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Well...It may be that I'm blissfully unaware, but I live in Austin and that 'rally' didn't even register on my mental map of 'places and events to avoid'. That map contains things like football games and SXSW music fest, or maybe Eeyore's Birthday Party, but a bunch of deranged wide-eyed secessionists didn't even make the grade.

I guess it's pretty sad when more people show up to get drunk and stoned in honor of a fictional jack-ass than do to demonstrate their support for secession.

Milo Christensen
09-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Why be embarassed to be a Texan? There's 24,300,000+ of you. What if one tenth of one percent of you were really unhappy with the State of the Union? What's that, maybe 24,000 nutjobs? What about the other 24,300,000+ of you? Are you embarassed to be among them? These people brought you Lyndon Baines Johnson and my personal, all time favorite politician, Ann Richards. Are you embarassed to have had them come from Texas? The list of people doing amazing things in Texas is staggeringly long, are you embarassed to have them doing wonderful things?

Actually, if you can't spell embarassed, then perhaps you shouldn't post about other ignorant Texans.

But, you know, it's not just whackos on the fringe. There were some posts coming from the liberal elite right here on this very forum seriously wanting to secede from the ignorance of the "red" states. Are you embarassed to be among the liberal elite because of that?

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Take your attack mode and go back to bed, Milo.

Milo Christensen
09-01-2009, 07:42 AM
So sorry to interrupt your circle jerk. I've said my piece here, carry on.

Tylerdurden
09-01-2009, 07:43 AM
It has been rumored for some time now that Larry Killgore is on the FBI payroll.
The FBI has been found to have several agent provocateurs at many different rally, events and functions surrounding the liberty movement.

Another was David Gletty in Florida, He played a big hate filled neo nazi calling for violence against other races and public officals.
(court record)

One of the latest I posted here was the talk show host Hal Turner and again court documents prove he was a paid provocateur.

Its pretty standard now and it has been revealed to be a practice worldwide seeing as the British are finding out all the violence at G-20 was paid officers and informants just like WTO in Seattle.

None of this crap I believe up front anymore after so many have been caught and revealed to be working at the behest of our own government.

I am looking for the video but it was reported that his reference to hating the flag won him large boo's and catcalls from the audience.
All a big part of media manipulation today.

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 07:49 AM
So sorry to interrupt your circle jerk. I've said my piece here, carry on.

Geeze Louise! That is exactly the sort of comment that can get you banned around here these days, Mr. Christensen!

Perhaps you will seize this opportunity to cleanse the board of your homoerotic contribution of the moment?

Tylerdurden
09-01-2009, 07:53 AM
video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmqtNiy4lgc

Sounds like 12 people are with him.;)

ahp
09-01-2009, 05:07 PM
If Texas shoves off, would they be so kind as to take South Carolina with them.

I was wondering today, suppose all of the states of the old Confederacy were to succeed from the Union, would we be better off? Does the US Government collected more in taxes from the "Red" states than it gives back in various ways?"

John A. Campbell
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Why be embarassed to be a Texan? There's 24,300,000+ of you. What if one tenth of one percent of you were really unhappy with the State of the Union? What's that, maybe 24,000 nutjobs? What about the other 24,300,000+ of you? Are you embarassed to be among them? These people brought you Lyndon Baines Johnson and my personal, all time favorite politician, Ann Richards. Are you embarassed to have had them come from Texas? The list of people doing amazing things in Texas is staggeringly long, are you embarassed to have them doing wonderful things?

Actually, if you can't spell embarassed, then perhaps you shouldn't post about other ignorant Texans.

But, you know, it's not just whackos on the fringe. There were some posts coming from the liberal elite right here on this very forum seriously wanting to secede from the ignorance of the "red" states. Are you embarassed to be among the liberal elite because of that?

Milo, perhaps you and I could both use a spelling lesson ......the word "embarrass" has TWO letter R according to my copy of Webster's New World Dictionary.

And I AM NOT embarrassed as a Texan.....I am mortified that we have people in our state that profess to be Texans and publicly display their utter stupidity and apparent disregard for our Nation as a whole. I agree with your statement about Ann Richards and Lyndon Johnson and even though she was not a politician, I think Molly Ivins was one of our best journalists. Thank you for your kind response.

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Milo, perhaps you and I could both use a spelling lesson ......the word "embarrass" has TWO letter R according to my copy of Webster's New World Dictionary.

And I AM NOT embarrassed as a Texan.....I am mortified that we have people in our state that profess to be Texans and publicly display their utter stupidity and apparent disregard for our Nation as a whole. I agree with your statement about Ann Richards and Lyndon Johnson and even though she was not a politician, I think Molly Ivins was one of our best journalists. Thank you for your kind response.

Don't let Milo get atcha, man. ;)

John A. Campbell
09-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Don't let Milo get atcha, man. ;)

Ain't gonna happen......been around here for 70+ years and have developed a shell like an old turtle ......thanks ! By the way, sure wish we had a hardware store like your Breed & Company (on West 29th) in these parts.....

Keith Wilson
09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Sometimes I think the US would be better off without Texas, but that's only in my more cynical moments.

Well, if Texas does secede, we'll let you immigrate. There's plenty of room for people of good will.

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Ain't gonna happen......been around here for 70+ years and have developed a shell like an old turtle ......thanks ! By the way, sure wish we had a hardware store like your Breed & Company (on West 29th) in these parts.....

I've been trading at Breed's for close to 20 years! They're just about all we got when it comes to a real, honest-to-God hardware store.

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Sometimes I think the US would be better off without Texas, but that's only in my more cynical moments.

Well, if Texas does secede, we'll let you immigrate. There's plenty of room for people of good will.

So just exactly in the wall-eyed hell is it that you've got against Texas, Keith?

Minnesota has served up it's own, righteous share of oddballs over the years, has it not? Minnesota is the birthplace of the American Communist Party, if I am not mistaken.

You have my abject apology for the Shrub, but we got him second hand, and we were just trying to get rid of him! We had no idea he'd turn out to be such a miserable disaster!:p

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Where in the hell is Glen Longino when you need him, anyway? :D

Keith Wilson
09-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Oh, we do indeed have a few - Michelle Bachman, for one.

I don't have anything against Texas , or the south in general for that matter. There just happen to be a lot of people living there who think and vote very differently than I do, and I can imagine what the US would be like without the votes of so many extremely conservative folks from the deep South.

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh, we do indeed have a few - Michelle Bachman, for one.

I don't have anything against Texas , or the south in general for that matter. There just happen to be a lot of people living there who think and vote very differently than I do, and I can imagine what the US would be like without the votes of so many extremely conservative folks from the deep South.

I don't think those millions of voters are so much 'conservative' as they are 'backward'.:p

Big Woody
09-01-2009, 06:44 PM
The Insult All Things Kansas thread went poof.

Apparently ignorant Libbys who know nothing about Kansas thought they'd smear the state by calling it racist and misogynist. They didn't like being educated about how Kansas led the fight against slavery favored by democrats, and how Kansas led the fight for woman's suffrage and negro suffrage which were also opposed by democrats.

It was amazing how calmly refuting their baseless charges almost instantly had the Libbys cursing and hurling even more far fetched accusations.

Did you know Kansas is Fascist? Libbys do!:D

The thread went poof after a few of us with a few facts exposed how ignorant and biased the Libby mindset is. Don't worry, they've still got the race card and they're not afraid to play it against anyone who doesn't bow to Obama. Funny, I don't recall calling anybody a racist for disagreeing with Bush.

Big Woody
09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
If I made stupid unfounded highly derogatory generalizations about Black people the way some Libbys on here do about Kansans, Texans, or Southerners, I'd have been kicked off the forum.

I do however reserve the right to make such generalizations about the Euroweenies and most especially the French! :D

johnw
09-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Said the guy whose state population is smaller than Rhode Island's...

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 07:52 PM
If I made stupid unfounded highly derogatory generalizations about Black people the way some Libbys on here do about Kansans, Texans, or Southerners, I'd have been kicked off the forum.

I do however reserve the right to make such generalizations about the Euroweenies and most especially the French! :D

Still, you seem to be quite fond of making stupid, unfounded, highly derogatory generalizations about 'libbys'.

Glen Longino
09-01-2009, 07:56 PM
..."I'd have been kicked off the forum." Big Woodrow
I don't believe that!
Try it, let's see. We can only hope!

Milo Christensen
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Liberals don't understand, Woody. They'll never understand. They are incapable of understanding how horribly derogatory their unending litany of prejudiced comments are. But their perception of their superiority is constantly renewed by their daily reinforcement sessions as they compete to be more derogatory, more defamatory, more superior than their fellow travelers.

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 08:11 PM
More hatred and lies, Milo?

I hope you'll give up your seething self-hatred. Life can be quite beautiful, you know?

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Liberals don't understand, Woody. They'll never understand. They are incapable of understanding how horribly derogatory their unending litany of prejudiced comments are. But their perception of their superiority is constantly renewed by their daily reinforcement sessions as they compete to be more derogatory, more defamatory, more superior than their fellow travelers.

You are expanding the meaning of prejudice greatly. Not wanting to jump out of a airplane without a parachute does not mean you are "prejudiced" against gravity.
It is not being prejudicial to say that very Conservative areas of the US have produced some unseemly goings-on since Obama ran in and won the last presidential election. The rush to obtain guns and vast quantities of ammunition. Citizens attending a civic meeting screaming in the faces of members of congress about nonsense they got off the internet. Showing up at a presidential visit carrying numerous firearms because "I have a constitutional right to do it". Right-wing politicians standing in front of cameras accusing the Congress of the United Stastes of legislating "death panels". And now these stupidos in Austin.
This stuff is televised to the world and it doesn't cast America in a very intellectual light. Outsiders may see America as coming apart at the seams and they may be right.
Democracy is all about consensus. You win some and you lose too. If one side gets irrational because they can't win all the time democracy is in trouble.

"May you live in interesting times."

ccmanuals
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Where in the hell is Glen Longino when you need him, anyway? :D

I was kinda hoping no one would be watching the news when this stuff happened. O' well, the cat's out of the bag - Texas certainly has it's share of wackos! Here's Rachel Madow talking about this shining moment in Texas history:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/

Milo Christensen
09-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Oznabrag: Try to use more than Rule 5, O.K.? You'd be more effective. You're starting to violate Rule 7. But you sure as hell have Rule 13 down pat, don't you?

Glen Longino
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I was kinda hoping no one would be watching the news when this stuff happened. O' well, the cat's out of the bag - Texas certainly has it's share of wackos! Here's Rachel Madow talking about this shining moment in Texas history:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/

Unfortunately, this kind of posturing on the part of morons grabs all the attention.
The more serious problem with Conservative Fundamentalist Christians is with the Texas State Board Of Education.
Talk about a serious bunch of crackpots.
I don't have the patience to provide links, but it's easy to google "Texas Board Of Education" if you want your hair to stand on end.

ccmanuals
09-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately, this kind of posturing on the part of morons grabs all the attention.
The more serious problem with Conservative Fundamentalist Christians is with the Texas State Board Of Education.
Talk about a serious bunch of crackpots.
I don't have the patience to provide links, but it's easy to google "Texas Board Of Education" if you want your hair to stand on end.

Glen, let me just say that I'm thankful I don't have kids that go to school in Texas.

Glen Longino
09-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Glen, let me just say that I'm thankful I don't have kids that go to school in Texas.

Me too, although I do have grandchildren in school.
I can only hope they fail "Conservative Fundamentalist Bigotry 101" :)

Osborne Russell
09-01-2009, 09:44 PM

How's the Christian Nation coming along? Morning in America? You're With Us Or Against Us?

Poor pitiful middle Americans. Just because they're ignorant psychotic crypto- fascists everybody is mean to them.

oznabrag
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Oznabrag: Try to use more than Rule 5, O.K.? You'd be more effective. You're starting to violate Rule 7. But you sure as hell have Rule 13 down pat, don't you?

Huh?

BrianW
09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Said the guy whose state population is smaller than Rhode Island's...

Another point of pride for us.

Just wish we had less than Wyoming. ;)

Captain Blight
09-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Liberals don't understand, Woody. They'll never understand. They are incapable of understanding how horribly derogatory their unending litany of prejudiced comments are. But their perception of their superiority is constantly renewed by their daily reinforcement sessions as they compete to be more derogatory, more defamatory, more superior than their fellow travelers.It's not "prejudiced." Simply using opressed-person language doesn't make you right. Anyway, I don't think *I* am superior in any way; I do think some of the ideals to which I subscribe, however, are superior. YMMV. Vive la difference and all that.

So: come up with a demonstration of Conservative superiority, quit handing the reins to your party to the Dominionist theocrats, and advance some better ideas... And then I won't have to keep rubbing your nose in it.

"If you've done it, it ain't bragging."

Sorry, man. Pay to play. Them's the breaks. Show me ONE Conservative agenda item of the past decade that hasn't backfired horribly on some unsuspecting group of innocents, and I'd be more inclined to listen to what your side has to say.

C. Ross
09-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Anyway, I don't think *I* am superior in any way; I do think some of the ideals to which I subscribe, however, are superior.

A few of your colleagues are incapable of parsing this difference.

Show me ONE Conservative agenda item of the past decade that hasn't backfired horribly on some unsuspecting group of innocents, and I'd be more inclined to listen to what your side has to say.

Trade liberalization
Welfare reform
Medicare Part D
Faith-based initiatives
AIDS relief in Africa
Investment and R&D tax credits
Diplomacy in the Pacific Rim and China

And in our spare time the Conservative agenda includes...
Single-malt whisky
Cigars
Rare aged steaks
Stephen Colbert
Tiger Woods
Comfortable homes, well-appointed yachts, and really fine automobiles
Sex

but we're happy to share.

Keith Wilson
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Hmm . . .

Trade liberalization - well, that's supported by about half of conservatives, (the more sensible half) and half of liberals (the more sensible half), so you can't claim all the credit. I'll give you 55%.
Welfare reform. - IIRC, Mr. Clinton had something to do with that too, eh? Still, it was a good idea. Somebody should tell the more extreme right-wingers here that it happened; when they get excited they carry on like it's 1975.
Medicare Part D - half good. The bit about not negotiating prices was borderline criminal, but half is better than none. Of course, if Obama had proposed it, it would be Tyranny, Socialism, and the End of the World As We Know It, but that's another story.
Faith-based initiatives - Eh? Really? Nah.
AIDS relief in Africa - Although it's a humanitarian idea rather than a specifically conservative one, we do have to give Bush credit here, minus some silly stuff about abstinence that the Theocratic wing put in.
Investment and R&D tax credits - No doubt.
Diplomacy in the Pacific Rim and China - That's been pretty consistent since Nixon, but he does indeed deserve a lot of credit.

Cigars and Stephen Colbert you can keep. The fact you can list Tiger Woods shows how far we've come; 50 years ago a half-African-American half-Asian golfer wouldn't have been hired as a caddy at the places he wins tournaments now. But sex? Puhleeeze! Everybody knows liberals invented sex - anything other than the missionary position in the dark with one's legally married spouse strictly for the purposes of procreation, anyway - and there's a strong faction of the Republicans that wants to ban it completely! ;):D

C. Ross
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Welfare reform. - IIRC, Mr. Clinton had somehting to do with that too, eh? Still, it was a good idea. Somebody should tell the more extreme right-wingers here that it happened; when they get excited they carry on like it's 1975.

Blighty said "Conservative" not Republican. On many issues President Clinton was a very able Conservative. And agreed about my friends. Welfare is a tough but fair bargain nowadays.

Faith-based initiatives - Eh? Really? Nah.

Golly, does the missus know you don't approve?

But sex? Puhleeeze! Everybody knows liberals invented sex - anything other than the missionary position in the dark with one's legally married spouse strictly for the purposes of procreation, anyway - and there's a strong faction of the Republicans that wants to ban it completely! ;):D

Oh sure, Liberals invented sex, but it was a work-for-hire by Conservatives who own the intellectual property. The whole "sexual repression" thing is just how we protect the trade secrets. Fully paid-up members of the Elephant Club receive the unedited manual. Worth every dime, though I had to break into my secret cache of filthy lucre wrung from the blood and sweat of exploited brown people.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
09-02-2009, 12:06 AM

I dunno, that looks like a Mercator projection to me; "Objects in mirror appear larger than their actual size." Greenland ain't that big either. :D

bobbys
09-02-2009, 12:26 AM
>>>anything other than the missionary position in the dark with one's legally married spouse strictly for the purposes of procreation, anyway<<<.

Theres other ways???.

This news wood really embarrass those Texans!!!.

I know im blushing!!!

C. Ross
09-02-2009, 12:43 AM
See? Doesn't bobbys do a good job maintaining our cover?

Wink wink, nudge nudge.

Lew Barrett
09-02-2009, 02:47 AM
As it happens. I rather like many of the Texans on the forum. Howdy Glen, John and Oz from the great white north!

Molly Ivins was a national treasure. I loved to read her comentary when they published it here, which was all the time.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
09-02-2009, 03:00 AM
As it happens. I rather like many of the Texans on the forum. Howdy Glen, John and Oz from the great white north!

Molly Ivins was a national treasure. I loved to read her comentary when they published it here, which was all the time.

I liked her essay on "Bubbas" when Clinton entered office.

oznabrag
09-02-2009, 08:28 AM

Mighty glad to hear it, Lew!

And a howdy back atcha from the great, dessicated South! :D

As to Ivins, she truly was a great soul. Some of the stories that came out of her friendship with Ann Richards...;)

Keith Wilson
09-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Oh sure, Liberals invented sex, but it was a work-for-hire by Conservatives who own the intellectual property. The whole "sexual repression" thing is just how we protect the trade secrets. Fully paid-up members of the Elephant Club receive the unedited manual. Worth every dime, though I had to break into my secret cache of filthy lucre wrung from the blood and sweat of exploited brown people. :D:D This really deserves a mention in the "best bilge quotes" thread.

I hate to break it to you, but when the boss laid off one of the developers, he got a hacker friend to pirate the code, and now it's all over the internet. There are three or four open source versions going, too. And if you know the right url you can download the whole manual, including the sections you didn't get because the boss decided they were too embarrassing. :D

C. Ross
09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Leaking the code and the emergence of open source is all part of our evil plan.

But you should see what's being developed in the secret labs.

Keith Wilson
09-02-2009, 09:48 AM
. . all part of our evil plan. Of course, since conservative and liberals, Democrats and the Republicans, are exactly the same. They're all part of the secret machinations of the evil overlords.

C. Ross
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Don't bring this to Mark's attention. You, me, Bigfella, we're in on it right?

Wink wink nudge nudge.

oznabrag
09-02-2009, 10:05 AM
But you should see what's being developed in the secret labs.

Hey buddy, you're on my turf. :cool:

David G
09-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Chris,

I hate to appear ignorant... but could you explain to me... what's sex?

Lew Barrett
09-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Cris is at work David, but I'll be happy to explain the concept, and I'm a librul, too. It has something to do with electric plugs and the recepticals they are attached to. I know this because electrical connections are said to be sexed.

What puzzles me is how people have babies. Does the woman put her finger in the light socket?

SamSam
09-02-2009, 11:45 AM
And in our spare time the Conservative agenda includes...

Stephen Colbert

but we're happy to share.Are you serious? Parody and caricature, I thought everybody knew he was doing that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert

...is an American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) political satirist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_satire), writer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writer), comedian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedian) and television host (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_host). He is the host of Comedy Central (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedy_Central)'s The Colbert Report (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Colbert_Report), a satirical news show (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news) in which Colbert portrays a caricatured version of conservative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism_in_the_United_States) political pundits (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pundit_%28expert%29)....
Following The Daily Show's news-parody concept, The Colbert Report is a parody of personality-driven political opinion shows such as The O'Reilly Factor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_O%27Reilly_Factor). What you can claim is that sorry whiner, Dennis Miller, but it would be wrong to call him a comedian.

C. Ross
09-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Are you serious? Parody and caricature, I thought everybody knew he was doing that.

You couldn't tell I was doing parody and caricature too? (Grin)

David
My liberal friend Lew has explained sex perfectly. But see, this is the risk of being too damn moderate and reasonable! You don't get either party's bulletins, and then sex falls into the "don't ask don't tell" exception!

David G
09-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Chris,

Lew, for all his brilliance in other areas (gimme a minute, I'm sure I'll think of something <G>) - failed to illuminate me. Would you please give it a try?

And, while you're at it... can you explain electricity?