PDA

View Full Version : Excerpt from CIA torture policy manual

Rigadog
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Revealed CIA Report Abuses
On August 28, the Washington Post headlined, "CIA Releases Its Instructions For Breaking a Detainee's Will," then continued:

"As the session begins, the detainee stands naked, except for a hood covering his head. Guards shackle his arms and legs, then slip a small collar around his neck. The collar will be used later; according to CIA guidelines for interrogations, it will serve as a handle for slamming the detainee's head against a wall."

"After removing the hood, the interrogator opens with a slap across the face (followed by more slaps). Next comes head-slamming, or 'walling'....'twenty or thirty times consecutively' is permissible (and) if that fails, there are far harsher techniques to be tried."

Rigadog
09-01-2009, 07:13 AM
Hmmmm.... I wonder what all the redacted stuff was? Recipes?

Tylerdurden
09-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Sorry, it will get no play. Their just interested in crime bosses and who gets to be the new one.

Osborne Russell
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
"No person shall be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law . . . "

Rigadog
09-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Bump (ouch that hurt)

Tylerdurden
09-04-2009, 07:27 AM
I know its sad, Threads like this get play http://woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102019

But this doesn't. Welcome to the instant gratification, let someone else do it, pass the buck, TV generation.

paladin
09-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Long ago and far, far away.....I knew of a few "gentlemen" in the profession who had a "villa" close to ours.....we would get calls at all hours to fly to a location and pick up 2-3-4 people and deliver them to a close by airstrip. Most of them were relatively young (late 20's-early thirties) and always dressed with slacks, nice shirts and ties and were always clean shaven and had Ivy league haircuts. They liked their bourbons and scotch and fine drinks.....they were professional interrogators.
A couple of them disappeared while traveling in and around Quinhon, Vietnam. A few months later I saw some filmed footage of an "interrogation" obviously performed by North Vietnamese "officers, using the same techniques that these fine gentlemen espoused. Techniques that failed to work on the North Vietnamese prisoners had these weenies crying and talking their heads off in 5 minutes. and were obviously despised by their captors. Except for the film footage, they were never seen again.

Rigadog
09-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Here's the coverage of the CIA using Minotaurs as part of their torture work.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/is_using_a_minotaur_to_gore