PDA

View Full Version : Wonderlic test

rbgarr
08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Anyone taken this as part of a pre-employment assessment?

http://www.testprepreview.com/wonderlicpracticequestions1.htm

Flying Orca
08-31-2009, 12:04 PM
No, but I probably wouldn't hire anyone who couldn't handle such basic math.

bobbys
08-31-2009, 12:14 PM
No, but I probably wouldn't hire anyone who couldn't handle such basic math..

I have hired a lot of people that could not pass that test.

Strange though come payday they had there hours and money down to exact minutes and seconds.

Pugwash
08-31-2009, 12:24 PM
I know nothing about basketball.

John can't be a very good mechanic if he's only earning minimum wage.

How much does regular oil cost?

Flying Orca
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
I have hired a lot of people that could not pass that test.

Strange though come payday they had there hours and money down to exact minutes and seconds.

I have noticed the same phenomenon. In all likelihood you and I would be hiring for different kinds of work, though.

bobbys
08-31-2009, 02:02 PM
I have noticed the same phenomenon. In all likelihood you and I would be hiring for different kinds of work, though..

Yes i dont know what you do but my last crew was Roofers,

Funny my best man could not read the tape measure, Something i have never heard of before,

But he worked so hard and got along with everyone so well he was the crowd favorite.

I saw his dad last month and he thanked me for having his son work for a year.

He said his son had problems all through school..

I made story poles for him to lay out if i had to leave.

John of Phoenix
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
OMG, an employment test that doesn't have anything to do with urine.

Flying Orca
08-31-2009, 03:45 PM

Yes i dont know what you do but my last crew was Roofers,

Funny my best man could not read the tape measure, Something i have never heard of before,

But he worked so hard and got along with everyone so well he was the crowd favorite.

I saw his dad last month and he thanked me for having his son work for a year.

He said his son had problems all through school..

I made story poles for him to lay out if i had to leave.

My field is supporting people with mental disabilities. Literacy and numeracy are important, but the single most important attribute is just the ability to relate to people as people regardless of their disability.

I like what you did for your employee. From my understanding of good HR practice, it's all about keeping the good people and doing what you can to let them use their strengths to your advantage - nice illustration there!

bobbys
08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
My field is supporting people with mental disabilities. Literacy and numeracy are important, but the single most important attribute is just the ability to relate to people as people regardless of their disability.

I like what you did for your employee. From my understanding of good HR practice, it's all about keeping the good people and doing what you can to let them use their strengths to your advantage - nice illustration there!.

Good for you you must have a lot of Patience.

Flying Orca
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
So I've been told. It doesn't always show around here, though. :D

Keith Wilson
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Very basic math. OTOH, many jobs don't require much math, and as bobbys so rightly says, many folks have other virtues which compensate.

Vince Brennan
08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
M A N Y years ago I went to an "employment agency" looking for work and got slapped with that idiocy. Took it, and they gave me another... took that and they hired me at the agency.

Can't have been much of a test if they hired me.

rbgarr
09-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Vine,

Do you recall how many questions there were and if it was a timed (or time-limited) test?

PeterSibley
09-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Yep ,did...but I had to think back 42 years to high school math to do it .

Pretty simple but you have to include a rust allowance !

Celia
06-12-2011, 08:02 PM
This website would certainly help you: BY:DBY:DBY:D

IQ test and more (http://www.best-iq-test.com)

A score you obtain when using an IQ test is ineffective if the result is not compared with men or women your age. Based on new tests done by men and women your age, our company estimates in real time all IQ scores to help make the diagnosis of your IQ exceptionally accurate. On top of that, we allocate a rating in line with the scientifically honored Wechsler Scale in which one hundred is definitely the normal IQ.

Captain Intrepid
06-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I had to write a six part test for my current job. Three parts on mathematics, one part on general science, one part on vocabulary and one part on mechanical comprehension. That was just to get to the interview.

wardd
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
it's said that einstein was lousy at basic math

C. Ross
06-12-2011, 09:18 PM

A myth.

Legend has it that Einstein was a poor student who flunked out of school, but this was not the case. He excelled at math and science, though he often got only mediocre grades in other classes.http://www.amnh.org/learn/pd/physical_science/profiles/aeinstein.html

Those test questions are awfully basic, but I'll bet the average score would be low. I've hired perfectly articulate and literate people who would fail that test. Looks like a decent screen to me.

Milo Christensen
06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
arghhh please please arghhh stop quoting wardd you are ruining my ignore list please stop

wardd
06-12-2011, 09:44 PM
A myth.

http://www.amnh.org/learn/pd/physical_science/profiles/aeinstein.html

Those test questions are awfully basic, but I'll bet the average score would be low. I've hired perfectly articulate and literate people who would fail that test. Looks like a decent screen to me.

quite possibly so which is why i didn't state it as fact

C. Ross
06-12-2011, 10:43 PM

Excellent. Now we have guidance about exactly how to parse your future posts. Thank you.

Sorry Milo.

David G
06-12-2011, 11:33 PM

arghhh please please arghhh stop quoting wardd you are ruining my ignore list please stop

Excellent. Now we have guidance about exactly how to parse your future posts. Thank you.

Sorry Milo.

wardd - you don't say! Tell us more. I'll gladly quote you so Milo doesn't miss out <G> (Sorry Milo... I'm finally recovering from 2 days of: old friends in town, serious eating, serious drinking, late nights, and other stuff that I shall be more discreet about... I'm feeling feisty again).

The NFL uses the this test to help evaluate potential draft picks. Esp. for quarterbacks, there's a good deal of scrutiny given to their score.

AussieBarney
06-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Have some clown do well with the test, then find out that the HR people have hired a bully who sexually harrasses the office temp who then sues your company for 5 mil and the whole show heads down the toilet. BUT, you will be able to say that the bully could pass a test, I would say that character and work ethic is more important than being able to pass a test. Putting to much emphasis on test results could cost dearly and you could pass up the perfect applicant

BrianW
06-13-2011, 01:52 AM

Ditto! You guys!