PDA

View Full Version : Scamming the Scammers

MiddleAgesMan
08-29-2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200706/cyberscam

Pugwash
08-29-2009, 08:22 PM
Hmmm.

Although about 419 scammers, parts of it could very well be applied here.

Things certainly seem rancorous, not to mention regressive and infantile, in the gang wars of the right and left lobes of the political blogosphere, which (especially if you read the “comments”) often seem more about humiliating and degrading those who take an opposing position than about persuading anyone of the rationality of one’s arguments.

Good article, well written.

Thanks.

:)

Phillip Allen
08-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Hmmm.

Although about 419 scammers, parts of it could very well be applied here.

Quote:
Things certainly seem rancorous, not to mention regressive and infantile, in the gang wars of the right and left lobes of the political blogosphere, which (especially if you read the “comments”) often seem more about humiliating and degrading those who take an opposing position than about persuading anyone of the rationality of one’s arguments.

Good article, well written.

Thanks.

:)

I have complained about this for years...ell-jay is a classic example

Bruce Hooke
08-29-2009, 10:04 PM
I read this article when it came out in the Atlantic and in looking back over am reminded that to me the most interesting part is the last section, which looks at the moral and ethical problems raised by scam-baiting.

By the way...I highly recommend subscribing to the Atlantic. Lots of good and often very timely articles.